Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Hood: Another interesting week in Clemson Sports World
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Hood: Another interesting week in Clemson Sports World

May 3, 2014, 10:55 AM

Hood: Another interesting week in Clemson Sports World

An interesting week? You bet. Just when you think things are going to settle down, things get interesting. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Hood: Another interesting week in Clemson Sports World

May 3, 2014, 11:11 AM

First of all the FFRF can complete the getting bent portion of being shown the door. American freedoms apply to all , especially today .
The Munson era is on tap. Pete Yannity was cool , for whatever reason or admin wanyed to make a change and so it came to pass. I found it funny that KrudBloot wrote something condemning Dabo for having anything to do that , and if he did that is within his scope as the HFC . Period. Go find the FFRF and get with the bendin , Korncoot.
Lastly , our baseball team is struggling . They have no reason to expect anything more than a low seed and no reason to be upset if not selected. They just were not very good this season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I'm saving the doom and gloom thoughts for Sept. 1

May 3, 2014, 11:14 AM

Dabo bought a lot of credit the past couple of years. UGA has as many questions as us, but we know we have one of the top D's in the country. Let's just keep Gurley under 200 yards.

They got major issues at QB, if he plays like he did in...

May 3, 2014, 11:20 AM

their bowl game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plenty of tape from 2013 to see how to slow Gurley

May 3, 2014, 12:40 PM [ in reply to I'm saving the doom and gloom thoughts for Sept. 1 ]

Nebraska did a really good job of it. So did Auburn. Even Appalachian State kept him down. He didn't have many carries though to be honest.

The real wild card is how much their defense changed with the first year influence from Pruitt. He had more talent, but he still out coached us by miles last year at FSU. Even though we've got new talent, our skill spread is so different we may be able to show him things he didn't see last year. Especially in our ground game.

Re: Plenty of tape from 2013 to see how to slow Gurley

May 3, 2014, 3:42 PM

I kind of got the impression that ya gotta hope Gurley gets knicked up in order to slow him down...It definitely helped that the Tigers roughed him up a bit last year, cuz he looked real good...gotta luv that alot of the Tiger "D" is back, and hopefully progressing^^

Re: Plenty of tape from 2013 to see how to slow Gurley

May 4, 2014, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Plenty of tape from 2013 to see how to slow Gurley ]

I don't think it was so much Pruitt as it was the talent that was/is on that squad last year. Jimbo may have been just downplaying him, but he basically said that when asked about Pruitt leaving.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think everyone is selling Cole short, Cole is more than

May 3, 2014, 11:54 AM

just a capable QB. Cole will continue to prove that QB situation in Clemson is a in great shape for years to come. If the coaches say Cole is the "GUY" then I believe them. I

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2014, 1:26 PM

The whole religion flap is created by one of Uncle Stevie's friends. It is interesting that the freedom of religion crowd did not even know the rights upheld by the Supreme Court.

D with adequate O wins more games than opposite, Olson may

May 3, 2014, 3:02 PM

surprise, Behind Andrew Luck then his good back-up - not too shabby! Anyway, Cole may be a whole lot better than most think, and will not miss Tahj's nervousness in big games that is for sure.
Rest is grist for the mill...

Re: D with adequate O wins more games than opposite, Olson may

May 3, 2014, 4:21 PM

Agree about Cole. He walked into several games with pressure and played like a champ. He has some ice in his blood. In a way he reminds me of Charlie Whitehurst. But we'll see soon enough.

Cole reminds me of Harper, who had great year until injuring

May 3, 2014, 8:53 PM

shoulder diving into endzone against Boston College. And so far Cole has been the most durable of all the QB's!

Cole reminds me of Harper, who had great year until injuring

May 3, 2014, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: D with adequate O wins more games than opposite, Olson may ]

shoulder diving into endzone against Boston College. And so far Cole has been the most durable of all the QB's!

We ain't going 6-7, BUT...

May 3, 2014, 7:21 PM

I do think this season will remind us of just how special Sammy, Nuk and Tajh were. I have confidence our offense will be good, but those 3 playmakers do not come around very often. Our defense will be very good and hopefully will take up some of the slack, but my gut tells me the 2014 season will serve to remind us how hard it is to win 11 games back-to-back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess I can see us starting 1-2

May 3, 2014, 10:22 PM

However, I don't see us going 6-7. Our defense won't allow it and I think Morris knows how to work with what he's got. This type of concern always rolls around when we have a new starting QB. We'll be fine.

An awful, horrible bullpen, and bad fielding

May 3, 2014, 11:56 PM

cost the Tigers a good season in baseball this year. With just an average pen, this team is 37-9 instead of 27-19. They could've swept the coots instead of the other way around, if the bullpen would've held.

I still don't understand why he left Schmidt in for the entire game that he lost, rather than bringing in Campbell. "Pep" needs to go. And needs to take Jack with him. His better days are behind him, not ahead of him.

I still haven't seen why the coaches are so enamored with Schmidt. Hopefully they can get 2 to 3 arms for the pen that can be relied on for next year.

May 4, 2014, 5:23 AM

Just my opinion, I thought Pete did a good job both in football and basketball. No he is not Jim Phillips but who could be? It is a good move to get some insurance at QB. Cole will be fine as long as the running game is solid. I predict 10 wins.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic