Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: C.J. Spiller defends Clemson program on Fox News
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

FB Update: C.J. Spiller defends Clemson program on Fox News

Apr 18, 2014, 4:10 PM

C.J. Spiller defends Clemson program on Fox News

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with Spiller & everyone else

Apr 18, 2014, 4:26 PM

But this broadcaster didn't even give the lawyer to talk. She interrupted him halfway through all of his responses.

Re:That could be because the lawyer has no clue. Nor do they

Apr 18, 2014, 4:53 PM

have any legal standing bin this matter. She did a great job in my opinion.

my thoughts exactly. the lawyer couldn't / wouldn't answer

Apr 18, 2014, 4:57 PM

the questions she was asking so she went onto something else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the "complaint" came from a "student"

Apr 18, 2014, 9:39 PM

according to the lawyer. If, and that is a big IF, they go to court, that "student's" name would become public record and that would be VERY bad for that "student."

..and Dabo wouldn't have any "control": over the....

Apr 18, 2014, 10:18 PM

..presumed student/non athlete's playing time either, right?

Re: the "complaint" came from a "student"

Apr 18, 2014, 11:52 PM [ in reply to the "complaint" came from a "student" ]

Just to play devil's advocate a little...why should it be bad for that student? If Clemson Nation are the 'Christians' they say they are (and that's a big IF) then I would expect them to turn the other cheek...or do we just get to pick and choose which parts of the Bible we want to follow?

That's because he dodged the questions and...

Apr 19, 2014, 9:14 AM [ in reply to I agree with Spiller & everyone else ]

when off on tangent and rehearsed rants. He turned it from an interview (conversation) to an interrogation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: C.J. Spiller defends Clemson program on Fox News

Apr 18, 2014, 5:01 PM

Love CJ and love Clemson. CJ said what we all ready knew. These are voluntary and the fact they think playing time rides on this, is quite ridiculous. What's so bad about being a Christian? Last time I checked, this country was founded as one nation, UNDER GOD!

This is how you end ffrf talking point about if you did not

Apr 19, 2014, 11:19 AM

participate in the Religious stuff you would be punished. Stay with me I know this not true at all but if Sammy had said he did not want to participate would he had sit on the bench? how about Tahj? how about any player because they can not find one, the only thing they have is 1 student out of 20k students who is offended. In return they have offended thousands or hundreds of thousand people, but yet they think they are right because of some whacky interpretation of the constitution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should nip this in the bud, real quick like

Apr 18, 2014, 5:40 PM

and sue FFRF for everything they NOT worth for slander, libel and defamation of character. They are throwing out a lot of allegations without any evidence. Pounce on this atheist garbage immediately and make a stand for all of the attacks on Christianity. Matthew 5:11

IPTAY could do this Clemson University should not.***

Apr 19, 2014, 9:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where's the Freedom From Atheist Foundation

Apr 18, 2014, 5:42 PM

When ya need them?

I think the biggest thing that proves them wrong

Apr 18, 2014, 6:43 PM

when they bring up the whole "the players couldn't speak out against their coach or they would never see the field" crap is that Aaron Kelly, who was/is a Jehovah's witness was here for 5 years and is one of the best WR's in Clemson/ACC history

Also, their end goal is not "following the constitution"

Apr 18, 2014, 7:01 PM

if it were their organizations name would be Constitutional Rights Enforcement, and not Freedom From Religion.

Great point. And, they're also being hypocritical

Apr 18, 2014, 8:40 PM

by forcing atheism or agnosticism onto organizations in the same manner that they believe the organizations are forcing their religion onto members.

Re: Also, their end goal is not "following the constitution"

Apr 18, 2014, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Also, their end goal is not "following the constitution" ]

I have a question. Everyone keeps saying that the Constitution claims a "separation of Church and State". I have read it a few times, and it can be daunting to get through the verbage. Where exactly does it state that there is a "separation"? It says to you have the right to practice your religion and be free from harassment. I have yet to find the line where it says "separation of church and state".

I believe that they see religion as their enemy and are willing to go to whatever lengths to force us to not be able to practice. To me, this is harassment.

..that phrase was from a letter that Thomas Jefferson wrote.

Apr 18, 2014, 11:47 PM

..can't remember to whom, maybe a pastor...

Re: ..that phrase was from a letter that Thomas Jefferson wrote.

Apr 19, 2014, 9:20 AM

It was addressed to a Baptist Church that was concerned that the government might interfere with their freedom to practice being Baptist.

That's exactly what these atheist are trying to do, have the government interfere with our (Clemson's) student/athlete's right to practice their religion.

Apr 19, 2014, 9:47 AM

That is really the point that I am trying to make.

There is nothing in the Constitution that claims that there is a "separation". It states that you may practice and follow your religion of choice and be safe from the HARASSMENT OF OTHERS TO FOLLOW THAT PATH.

Their case is going to have to focus on tax dollars being used for religious purposes. To me, this is another reason for there to be a separation of State and Federal governance. Why in the flying h#ll is someone in the state of friggin Wisconsin able to tell us how we follow through with our lives???

Apr 20, 2014, 6:15 PM

Groups like this depend on people's ignorance of what the Constitution really says.

state members? most likely SCU fans***

Apr 18, 2014, 7:03 PM

Dude was pathetic, he got nervous from getting interviewed..

Apr 18, 2014, 7:13 PM

by Gretchen Carlson.

Gretchen Carlson killed that interview! shut down that

Apr 18, 2014, 9:52 PM

pos lawyer!! Loved it!

Message was edited by: clemsonsuzi®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: Gretchen Carlson killed that interview! shut down that

Apr 19, 2014, 12:40 AM

That's the best thing I've seen on Fox since election night 2000. Seriously, nice to see CJ and Ansley out class that heathen.

"The timing of Easter"

Apr 19, 2014, 2:33 AM [ in reply to Gretchen Carlson killed that interview! shut down that ]

I believe it's the timing of Easter, as well as the recent situation with CK (last photo of a on the field Clemson player used in this video by FOX).

The real thing these idiots don't realize is that coaches

Apr 19, 2014, 8:59 AM

Are paid to win. Teaching kids values is a plus that parents can only hope continues when they go to Clemson. For them to say a player would lose playing time who had done nothing wrong and chose not to go to church further shows the weakness of their complaint.

Boom, suck it atheists.***

Apr 19, 2014, 9:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Apr 19, 2014, 9:47 AM

This guy is an idiot. He makes these accusations and every time that she asks for specifics, he doesn't offer any.

Apr 22, 2014, 11:02 AM

What we as Christians need to remember is that one day these lost fools at the ffrf will one day stand before the Lord Almighty and have to answer for such horrible actions. He will have the last say in their little game! They will pay for this if they never come around and see the Light, find His truth!!!

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic