»
Topic: New Story: DT commitment started three years ago with a signed poster
Replies: 24   Last Post: Apr 18, 2014 12:01 AM by: SOLOS®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 24   Pages: 1  

New Story: DT commitment started three years ago with a signed poster

[1]
Posted: Apr 15, 2014 5:33 PM

DT commitment started three years ago with a signed poster

A poster that Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney gave to a young high school player three years ago made its way back to Death Valley Tuesday, bringing good news along with it. Full Story »

Dang..what a neat story & DabO is getting it done! Welcome

[1]
Posted: Apr 15, 2014 5:43 PM

to DV young Greenwood Man..and let's git er done!

GoTiGERs!

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

I'm tickled to death......

[2]
Posted: Apr 15, 2014 6:03 PM

I'm an old Greenwood High School grad and it seems most of my alumni ended up at usc. Love seeing 2 commits out of (The Wood) in the last week!

Greenwood used to be all in for Clemson.***

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 6:12 PM

Re: Greenwood used to be all in for Clemson.***

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 6:48 PM

I remember Eddie Seigler and Chuck Huntley way back in the day. Maybe Tappy Squires, I'm not sure.

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 7:02 PM

1988, Tappy Squires was in my class '68 and Chuck and Eddie were class of '69. Eddie was the first sidewinder kicker for both GHS and Clemson. Class of '66 had Big Ivan Southerland and Randy Harvey who went to Clemson. I think Brush Babb went the year before.
On the other hand, both Ted and Thomas Wingard, Eddie Bolton and Tyler Hellams matriculated to the dark side...

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 7:28 PM

Don't even sat Tyler hellams. I still break out in a cold sweat. Cause of one play

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 7:30 PM

Say

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 8:01 PM

Hey! Got u another one that went to the other side back then. Neville Files.
I've got a great story about Wells Masengill( Walk-on kicker out of Greenwood). He was in my class at GHS. My brother graduated GHS in 68.
Me , in 72.

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 8:05 PM

Jaybird, I had no idea Ivan Sutherland was from Greenwood.
I think almost everyone in the 69 class played college ball.

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 10:09 PM

Wells' brother Paul was my age and a very good friend. The Massengills' lived on Sunset Dr. and I lived in Sheffield, just down the street. The Wingards(heavy cock fans and football players) lived on Susnset between us.
Yep, As a freshman in 1968 I watched as Tyler Hellams ran back a 68 yard TD in DV to beat us 7-3 or maybe 6-3. When I went home to Greenwood after exams to Christmas parties, I learned first hand of the elitist nature of the cacks. People I had thought of as friends who were students in Cola were changed into superior beings and wanted me to know it. I went from being a so-so Clemson fan to a die-hard one that Christmas...

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 10:17 PM

1988, Do you mind me asking the name of yor brother? GHS 1968 had almost 300 grads. We had our 45th reunion last June and nearly 10% are not with us anymore. Hope your brother is not in that 10%...Jaybird

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 9:21 AM

Jaybird, I imagine you remember my brother. Yep, Sammy Moss let him know about reunion but he didnt make it. John Gantt. My family had the State/Fox theater uptown next to the Post Office.
Get back w/ me if you get this.

[1]
Posted: Apr 16, 2014 9:18 PM

1988, Sammy and John were friends of mine, I knew Sammy for a longer time though. The Moss' lived in Beckridge which paralleled Sunset Dr.
You might have been in my brother's(Crosby) class or my sister's(Mary) class at GHS..Jaybird

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 8:17 AM

Jaybird, sure I remember Crosby and Mary. I dont get to G'wood anymore but miss my many good friends there.
I'm in Lexington now. (Paul Gantt)
Go Tigers! Our season is 4 months away and I'm already fired up about our recruiting for 2015. Lol

I have one for you. What ever happened to Ms. 'Bunny" ?***

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 12:01 AM

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 10:34 PM

Paul, Nice to meet you via Tigernet. Yes, we have much to look forward to this year with our football Tigers.
Did you ever attend any of the McMoPinWa Tiger parties in Greenwood during the 80s? They were epic. They were hosted by Bobby McCord, Sammy Moss, Charlie Pinson and Hamp Wade, all friends of mine and probably yours too.. Go Tigers!

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 6:52 PM

District of Columbia is NOT going to like this....

-Doc

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Harvey White ... led 1958 team to Sugar Bowl and was the

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 10:04 PM

first player the New England Patriots (Then Boston) ever signed.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2482&dat=20080202&id=6DkzAAAAIBAJ&sjid=0hMLAAAAIBAJ&pg=1825,551467

Larry Ryans came out of Greenwood...'89 i think?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 10:35 AM

Friend of mine in the band knew him from HS...

Re: Larry Ryans came out of Greenwood...'89 i think?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 11:29 AM

Yes you are correct and his room mate was James Trapp. Larry was a very good kid from a good family.

I for one am not missing the drama on signing day

[3]
Posted: Apr 15, 2014 6:23 PM

Lock them in early and get them in school early. Make ESecPN work for the signing day drama. I love where our program is headed.

Good decision for all...***

[1]
Posted: Apr 15, 2014 6:27 PM

Love this

[1]
Posted: Apr 15, 2014 10:38 PM

Just so happy that a kid that grew up loving the Tigers has a chance to play for the Tigers. I'm sure his parents are through the roof right now. For me, it just makes me cheer a little louder when we bring one of our own into the fold. That said, I hope he dedicates himself to the opportunity and makes us all proud.

WELCOME Gage & Family ! ! ! Can't wait to see you coming

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 9:31 AM

down The Hill !

GO T I G E R S ! !

Replies: 24   Pages: 1  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Kent State
FOR SALE: Two seats in section H, row X, on South Side. $65 OBO. Text me for meeting in Spartanburg or see my ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Start New Topic
2204 people have read this post