Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Frustrated Kelly sits second half of Clemson spring game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

New Story: Frustrated Kelly sits second half of Clemson spring game

Apr 12, 2014, 8:15 PM

Frustrated Kelly sits second half of Clemson spring game

Quarterback Chad Kelly got a little too vocal with the Clemson coaches Saturday afternoon, and didn't play in the second half as a result of his actions. What prompted the incident? What did Dabo Swinney and Chad Morris have to say about it? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on Swag, Get it together. We need you to keep your

Apr 12, 2014, 8:21 PM

cool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad

Apr 12, 2014, 8:35 PM

Love this young man's potential but no-one is above the team. Can't help but thing this man's plate is just too full. Uncle with cancer and saw the battle swing in cole's direction. Keep ur head up Chad and learn from this. Go Tigers

I'm thinking the unthinkable right now.

Apr 12, 2014, 8:51 PM

Chad Kelly will never start at QB for Clemson University. That's tough to think about, but I'm afraid it's likely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: II bet he does. He is one play away.***

Apr 12, 2014, 8:52 PM

Apr 12, 2014, 9:43 PM

I have fam that works for some Clemson coaches. And he told me that the team has no respect for Kelly. He's a hot head and it's all about him! Not the the tigers. It don't matter about one play with Dabo. It's about adversity, and leadership. And Kelly ain't got either one. He will transfer next year. Bank on it.

I began the same thinking when Watson committed.***

Apr 12, 2014, 9:57 PM

Apr 13, 2014, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: II bet he does. He is one play away.*** ]

While you might be right, and I think you are, the format used in the Spring Game does not highlight what makes Kelly a special fit for this offense. Many of his runs would probably have been series changers, had the touch rule not been in place. Still, he had his chance, and yesterday, he blew it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah,

Apr 13, 2014, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: II bet he does. He is one play away.*** ]

and I have friends who say either you or your friends are FOS. Either way, saying the team has no respect for Kelly is a bunch of horse ####.

Looks like I was right.***

Apr 14, 2014, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: II bet he does. He is one play away.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please explain your basis for the word "likely"

Apr 13, 2014, 12:14 PM [ in reply to I'm thinking the unthinkable right now. ]

Personally I don' think Chad is going to go anywhere. Why do you see it as likely?

No further explanation necessary.***

Apr 14, 2014, 7:00 PM

I don't think he ever starts here either

Apr 12, 2014, 9:37 PM

All the skills, and all the talent in the world, but his immaturity will not allow him to beat out Cole, nor Watson. This article says that you want your QB to be fiery, and competitive to this extent, but I disagree. Sure, you absolutely want him to be that competitive, but you don't won't him to be so competitive that it causes him to make foolish decisions, like throwing into double coverage, or acting like you know better than your coaches. The QB has to be the leader, the leader who sets an example for the rest of his team. Unfortunately, even tho Swag has all the talent you can ask for, I just think his immaturity, along with his "diva complex," will prevent him from every winning the QB job at Clemson. May even cause him to not win the backup job. I've said it since his Senior Day blow up and I am saying it again, I think he loses this battle and eventually transfers.

Re: I don't think he ever starts here either

Apr 12, 2014, 10:56 PM

Kelly will not start nor play very much at Clemson. He was doomed the day Watson arrived at Clemson. If he is smart he will transfer to another school at the end of this semester thats needs a QB and a coach who wants him.

Re: I don't think he ever starts here either

Apr 13, 2014, 8:30 AM [ in reply to I don't think he ever starts here either ]

To me, his temper tantrums reflects back to his raising. If those things would have been corrected as a child, he wouldn't be having his tantrums now.

Maybe. But Boyd also threw picks into double coverage, etc.***

Apr 14, 2014, 4:08 PM [ in reply to I don't think he ever starts here either ]

We missed big-time on Kelly

Apr 12, 2014, 11:49 PM

Not only does Kelly lack the attitude necessary to be a D1 QB he lacks the skills as well. My money says he's 4th string when the season starts and possibly not on the roster at all.

Re: We missed big-time on Kelly

Apr 13, 2014, 12:53 AM

That's the thing yea maybe he can run a little bit but he has some ugly throws.

Boyd improved but always had some ugly throws, bad decisions***

Apr 14, 2014, 4:11 PM

^ what a dumbarse

Apr 13, 2014, 4:25 AM [ in reply to We missed big-time on Kelly ]

I think that's about too stupid you reply to, he lacks the skills? 4th string? Something smells like chicken. You're gonna owe a lot of Burger King pay checks when chad kelly plays this year.

Re: ^ what a dumbarse

Apr 13, 2014, 8:30 AM

Definitely Coots on this thread talking smack about Kelly....they want nothing more than to see problems and controversy at our skill positions; or to see a talented QB like Kelly struggle or transfer. Kelly is fine and will play a significant role next year for sure! He'll have a break through year next year, bank on that!

LOL. Cool story bro'. I liked the way you pretended to know

Apr 13, 2014, 12:15 PM [ in reply to We missed big-time on Kelly ]

what you're talking about.

I think a lot of people are reading too much into this...

Apr 13, 2014, 12:57 AM

...Chad Kelly will be a threat to opposing defenses this fall if he wants to be. There is plenty of room for him in the playbook if he has the right attitude. Our coaches sat Chad to teach him a lesson and if he learned it, he will be fine. Tiger fans have no reason to give up on him yet.

Re: I think a lot of people are reading too much into this...

Apr 13, 2014, 1:05 AM

The thing is for Kelly not to give up on himself.

Apr 13, 2014, 8:58 AM

It is now all on Kelly. He can change his attitude and become revelant or he can keep his bad attitude and be in the doghouse.

The time between now and fall practice will make or break him>

Apr 13, 2014, 10:56 AM [ in reply to I think a lot of people are reading too much into this... ]

Likewise, I don't give up on a Clemson player until they put on Garnet and Black.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few loonies on Tigernet are being too dramatic??

Apr 13, 2014, 12:16 PM [ in reply to I think a lot of people are reading too much into this... ]

NEVER!

:)

Re: New Story: Frustrated Kelly sits second half of Clemson spring game

Apr 13, 2014, 9:09 AM

Wow, I am surprised at the extreme responses on this thread. You'd almost think Kelly was charged with a felony this weekend. I'm dissapointed in his performance and his behavior toward the coaches but COME ON guys!
I believe he's intelligent and savvy enough for this to be a learning experience once he cools off. I think it's at least 50/50 Watson redshirts this year and as one poster mentioned Kelly will be one play away from being our QB. Whether by injury or Stoudt,s performance.
Please don't take me wrong, I am by no means a Kelly freak. I'm all about the Tigers and if Cliff is the man so be it. I'm just not ready to count Chad out.
BUT, if he continues to handle himself in this manner instead of letting it be a learning experience and wishes to transfer, that's ok too.

who is Cliff?***

Apr 13, 2014, 9:19 AM

Cole's Dad... coming out of retirement.***

Apr 13, 2014, 10:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: who is Cliff?***

Apr 13, 2014, 8:49 PM [ in reply to who is Cliff?*** ]

Lol, his Daddy! Come on man, give me a break. :)

He's a kid; he's learning a little humility....

Apr 13, 2014, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Frustrated Kelly sits second half of Clemson spring game ]

Good for the coaches. Chad will get more out of this than he would throwing a few more passes in a spring game. He's got to learn how to suck it up and face adversity without blaming others or just plain bitchin'. He learns it this way or he learns it on the field after throwing his third interception in a half and has a meltdown during a game. Th is is good coaching. Note to Chad ... this ain't high school and you're not the only "man" on the field. Suck it up; control yourself and become the great leader and quarterback you can be.

one name comes to mind willy korn***

Apr 13, 2014, 11:35 AM

i hope im wrong cmon swag***

Apr 13, 2014, 11:36 AM

Re: one name comes to mind willy korn***

Apr 13, 2014, 1:01 PM [ in reply to one name comes to mind willy korn*** ]

what about Korn dirtpecker

Conspiracy theory: Kelly set up to fail? It's best for CU

Apr 14, 2014, 4:41 PM

Maybe this is a bit too crazy but bear with me for a fun (albeit unlikely) "conspiracy theory"...

From what I gather, Stoudt & Kelly are comparably good (albeit with a different strengths) and Watson is the superiorly gifted future of the program. If so....

From the coaches' perspective, you'd ideally want to redshirt Watson, and you'd want Stoudt to start this year. That would leave Kelly as a solid backup this season and leave him with the hope that if he sticks around, he'll have a good shot at starting over a redshirt freshman Watson next year. It would also leave Watson with hope that he'd beat out Kelly. And by the time that the QB competition is over in August 2015, they'd basically have to stick around in 2015 either as the starter or the backup.

If you were the coaches and you wanted that to happen, wouldn't you provide Stoudt with the better receivers, like Mike Williams and provide Kelly with weaker receivers, like Adam Humphries? Wouldn't you put your top tackler (Anthony) and you top sac-meister (Beasley) on the opposite side of the ball from Kelly?

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic