Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Dabo says all three QBs could win Atlantic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

New Story: Dabo says all three QBs could win Atlantic

Mar 31, 2014, 10:00 PM

Dabo says all three QBs could win Atlantic

After the first spring scrimmage, Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney came away impressed with all three quarterbacks and his offensive line. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can they exceed Tajh collectively - hope so - would be huge!***

Mar 31, 2014, 10:15 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great, I am sure FSU is hanging that quote already in the

Mar 31, 2014, 10:18 PM

locker room. Silence can be Golden.

Re: Great, I am sure FSU is hanging that quote already in the

Mar 31, 2014, 10:30 PM

I doubt they care after just winning a National Title. We've had locker room material for years now against the coots and that never seems to matter does it. Winston's Tweet after the baseball series could be locker room material too, but it don't matter.

Mar 31, 2014, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Great, I am sure FSU is hanging that quote already in the ]

and really dull

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2014, 10:44 PM

-42 +3 = home field advantage? That was a terrible headline as much as I wish it was true. FSU is reloading, again. Let's trash georgia and creep up on the noles.

Apr 1, 2014, 10:00 AM

Nobody is trashing anyone.

Mar 31, 2014, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Great, I am sure FSU is hanging that quote already in the ]

Or yellow

Yea, would have been much better to say no and instill

Apr 1, 2014, 5:43 AM [ in reply to Great, I am sure FSU is hanging that quote already in the ]

great confidence in the QBs. LOL!! Silence would definately not been golden in this case.

Our HS coaching staff was just in Tallahassee, and

Apr 1, 2014, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Great, I am sure FSU is hanging that quote already in the ]

FSU has our game circled and starred on the schedule in the film room.
They know.

Everyone knows... It's basically the ACCCG***

Apr 1, 2014, 8:53 AM

You're delusional***

Apr 1, 2014, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Great, I am sure FSU is hanging that quote already in the ]

Apr 1, 2014, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Great, I am sure FSU is hanging that quote already in the ]

Screw that... Let 'em know we're coming and 4ELL's coming with us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Apr 1, 2014, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Great, I am sure FSU is hanging that quote already in the ]

Dabo could be silent from now until we play in Tally and its not gonna change the outcome of that game. They just won the NC and will be BETTER next year.

We will lose a few games this year, and that will be one of them. Still, I will take 9-3/8-4 as a rebuild as opposed to 6-6 or even 6-7.

Ive talked to a few coaches

Mar 31, 2014, 10:40 PM

HS and college and Tajh held this O back some. But Tajh was an ultimate teammate and leader which helped him a ton.

I just have a hard time believing that stuff.***

Mar 31, 2014, 10:44 PM

Re: I just have a hard time believing that stuff.***

Mar 31, 2014, 11:06 PM

Coot!! Sorry, had to to beat some ####### to it.

Re: I just have a hard time believing that stuff.***

Apr 1, 2014, 2:45 AM [ in reply to I just have a hard time believing that stuff.*** ]

He actually did, from an x's and o's standpoint, and his limitations tended to come out in big games.

Give Tajh time, especially against a defense that didn't have the DB's to run with our wideouts (which was most of them, excepting FSU), and he could make a defense look helpless. Tajh has a live arm and throws the deep ball very well, and give him Watkins and Bryant to throw to and it gets kind of unfair if you don't match up. Add to that, he can run like a very good RB - which defenses couldn't usually account for, since they were so worried about our wideouts - and so he could definitely hurt you - decisively - two different ways.

Where he was limited was in his ability to go through a progression - he usually predetermined where he was going with the ball prior to the snap, and locked onto and stared down one particular guy (usually Sammy) - and in his ability to read the blitz and adjust to the hot read. He also tended to sense pressure when there was none (especially when he was getting hit) and tended to not step up into the pocket, which means he often rolled right into pressure. His short-to-medium balls were also often not as accurate as you'd like, particularly in regards to body placement. All this meant Clemson went 3-and-out a lot. When the deep ball wasn't there, and when teams were successfully stuffing Tajh from scampering, he often struggled with those move-the-chains throws, especially on the intermediate routes.

These flaws are what ultimately knocked him so far down everybody's draft board. He really was never a "polished" QB.

All that said, his running ability, and ability to throw the deep ball, gave him a certain ability to break scoreboards...especially with the receivers he had, and which the next guy will not have....

I remember people saying the same stuff about Rodney

Apr 1, 2014, 7:36 AM [ in reply to I just have a hard time believing that stuff.*** ]

Williams. But all he did was win games.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

How many Clemson records did he set and held the offense

Apr 1, 2014, 5:46 AM [ in reply to Ive talked to a few coaches ]

back????????????????? You need some better sources.

Re: How many Clemson records did he set and held the offense

Apr 1, 2014, 9:23 AM

Exactly!!! And to say something like that is just wanting to add their 2 cents worth of negativity against Tajh. I'll take the other 98 cent of positivity that Tajh brought to our team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ive talked to a few coaches

Apr 1, 2014, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Ive talked to a few coaches ]

If someone said that they saw a dark green vapor around Tajh's A$S after he farted. Everybody would be looking at Tajh's A$S to see if it were true. For another coach to say that Tajh held our team back is ludicrous. Tajh broke about every record ever been set at Clemson. To say he held us back, is saying we have never had a good QB. 70% of a QBs success depends on the O line success. The most successful Qbs has had a great front 4 doing their job in front of them. Tajh's abilities and his toughness was the reason we won some very big games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ive talked to a few coaches

Apr 1, 2014, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Ive talked to a few coaches ]

Name the coaches ??? I'll be waiting with the crickets.

You don't have to be a DH just to get attention coot

Might like RGIII leaving Baylor

Apr 1, 2014, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Ive talked to a few coaches ]

Everybody thought he was just some freak of nature that led Baylor to territory they'd never sniff again. Now we see that it's got to do more with Art Briles. It could turn out to be the same here. Our next QB could come in and break every record Boyd holds this year.

Re: New Story: Dabo says all three QBs could win Atlantic

Apr 1, 2014, 1:38 AM

LOL, wow, undoubtedly he knows something we don't. They don't have 4 quarters combined and he's saying that?

I think he may know more about it then you do.

Apr 1, 2014, 8:15 AM

NM

Tiger/Terrier

Cole plaid more then 4 quarters last year alone***

Apr 1, 2014, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Dabo says all three QBs could win Atlantic ]

Coached do you feel comfortable that you could win the division with Chad/Cole starting

Apr 1, 2014, 8:36 AM

Yeah and Deshaun Watson too.

Not sure this is a story.

As much as I despise SOS - sometimes I wish Dabo had his

Apr 1, 2014, 8:41 AM

brutal honesty. I know Dabo is just instilling confidence in these guys, but sometimes the coachspeak gets old. Certainly they have an idea of who is #1, I wish they would just tell us.

Why? We'll find out soon enough

Apr 1, 2014, 8:44 AM

and it forces UGA to also be unclear as to who is going to start thus they will have a harder time preparing for the game.

I'm not sure how much that really mattersas they can just

Apr 1, 2014, 9:08 AM

game plan for Chad Morris' offense regardless of who the QB is. I'm sure they will work on containing a running QB as well, but they have plenty of time to prepare for the game.

No way. This competition is the best thing now. Trust Dabo***

Apr 1, 2014, 9:31 AM [ in reply to As much as I despise SOS - sometimes I wish Dabo had his ]

I think you fail to realize the balancing act CDS

Apr 1, 2014, 9:55 AM [ in reply to As much as I despise SOS - sometimes I wish Dabo had his ]

is doing right now.

We've got a 5th year senior who probably deserves to start.

But a hot shot Sophomore who is chomping at the bit and ready to transfer if not given the opportunity

And a true freshman who maybe and will eventually be better than both.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

i agree that he may be, and might even will be, but to

Apr 1, 2014, 12:17 PM

profess that he will is a stretch. remember, chad was just a few months removed from the acl injury during the season last year. we did not get to see near what he can do. d.w. has only played h.s. level competition,until yesterday's scrimmage, and we all know that's not real game speed,i don't care if it's furman or mt.union or whoever.

Re: As much as I despise SOS - sometimes I wish Dabo had his

Apr 1, 2014, 12:22 PM [ in reply to As much as I despise SOS - sometimes I wish Dabo had his ]

You may get 3 different answers

I like what Dabo said

Apr 1, 2014, 10:16 AM

I think it's positive for the QB competition and the team, and it's true. "could win" is a very safe statement which should not motivate other ACC teams. "will win" would be bulletin board material.

Finally, another rational answer - WIN-WIN-Win for 3 QB's

Apr 1, 2014, 4:33 PM

Why not be pawsitive and wish them all well in order of seniority if all else is equal with no injuries. Also, think of the one QB who has not been injured and he is big, calm and steady! With Swag coming in often with an exciting swagcat formation - this combo could be light's out! Then Kelly/Watson, then Watson/"Isreal" ? All high draft picks! Taking Tigers to heights unseen since 1981!

The coaches were

Apr 1, 2014, 10:27 AM

Bobby Bentley (grain of slaw). Danny Ford. A few other HS coaches and a current Clemson coach. Once again never said I supported their views. Also these talks were spread out over about a year.

Best of the 3

Apr 1, 2014, 4:23 PM

If we had Davis, Spiller, and Ellington in the back filed I would be extremely upset if Spiller was not the starter. Don't get me wrong the rest of the backs are exceptional, but Spiller was the total package. I miss that kid!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo set expectations. Anything less than OB will be bad yr***

Apr 1, 2014, 8:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dumb question. Dabo can't reply, "No, we can't win Atlantic"***

Apr 4, 2014, 1:08 PM

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic