Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: The Turning Point
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: The Turning Point

Mar 24, 2014, 10:41 AM

The Turning Point

The Turning Point
Clemson head basketball coach Brad Brownell

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is my opinion that Brownell's popularity is at an

Mar 24, 2014, 10:48 AM

all-time high here at Clemson."

Well, duhhhh. It certainly wasnt very high last year when the team was getting their brains beat in on the court every game.

the goal for next season is NCAA Tourney or bust!

He's the only one of the big three sports to beat the coots!

Mar 24, 2014, 10:53 AM

At least he certainly has that going for him the past several years!! IMO that means a ton. Wish our other coaches would learn from his example.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EXACTLY RIGHT!

Mar 24, 2014, 11:17 AM

successful seasons START with kickin' the chickens

We've got a problem with Brownell.

Mar 24, 2014, 11:24 AM

Somebody is gonna offer him way more money and prestige. Our problem is gonna be keeping him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we make a couple of runs in the NCAA tournament,

Mar 24, 2014, 11:55 AM

people will come after him for sure.

It won't happen before that happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:I am not going to worry about something that I can't

Mar 24, 2014, 12:33 PM [ in reply to We've got a problem with Brownell. ]

control.

Brownell has a keen understanding

Mar 24, 2014, 11:55 AM

Of who and what Clemson is (and has been) in basketball. He recognizes BB will always be second fiddle to football, he understands that beating Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Louisville, et all in the ACC is not something that will happen with regularity, he knows he doesn't have the same advantages in basketball that Dabo has in football. Unlike some fans (and AD's) who think their school is going to be #1 in every sport, he realizes where Clemson is on the grand basketball radar. So, he is building this program the right way, developing solid & effective players instead of just refining great athletes, improving his recruiting without going the AAU route ($$), hiring quality coaches, etc.
Plus, for anyone that has talked to him one-on-one, he is truly a great guy - funny, smart, humble - just seems to have a great attitude and personal character. He also really seems to love Clemson.
I've been a big supporter of him since his hiring and believe he will get us consistently in the top half of the conference, which is a tough but realistically optimistic expectation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Next year we will have very high expectations, esp. if KJ

Mar 24, 2014, 11:59 AM

retunrs. They will be much higher than they've been in a while even if he doesn't come back. I've seen a couple of predictions on the basketball board that predict 4th in the ACC next year.

There will be much more pressure next year. I really like BB and hope he can get us to the tournament next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KJ is gone. The impressive thing to me about Brownell and...

Mar 24, 2014, 3:38 PM

this years team, is that this is a much better team than last years team with Booker and Jennings, who were Seniors and we should have been better. These 2013/2014 guys are still young, playing well and getting better! That's coaching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KJ is gone. The impressive thing to me about Brownell and...

Mar 24, 2014, 3:49 PM

Jennings was the worst I have ever seen! He was nothing more than a distraction. Should have been kicked off the team when Brownell suspended him.

If you had gone to SR night last year, you would know why

Mar 24, 2014, 5:53 PM

he wasn't.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The team's improvement has corresponded with Noko's

Mar 24, 2014, 6:09 PM

improvement, IMO. KJ has been KJ all year, but I think our overall team improvement this year has a lot to do with the play from the big guy. Had a monster game on Sunday.

Noko is a force on both ends of the court. I have only seen 1 game live (yesterday), so first time i've been able to watch a player exclusively up and down the court and he was very impressive.

Noko is the real deal.

Set seating to General Admission and problem is solved.

Mar 24, 2014, 8:01 PM

That was awesome Sunday to be able to walk in and be told by an usher that it is first come first serve. The lower bowl was filling up first (finally) and we got to sit by the Tiger pep band on the Illinois bench side of the coliseum. The crowd was great and got there early because they knew Sunday was going to be special.

Let's fill 'er up again on Tuesday night and show the nation what we got here in Tigertown!

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic