Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Heartbreaker at Littlejohn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,995

New Story: Heartbreaker at Littlejohn

Mar 8, 2014, 7:49 PM

Heartbreaker at Littlejohn

A judgment call by an official and one-tenth of second cost Clemson Saturday afternoon.(Joshua S. Kelly-USA TODAY Sports) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This one is tough you take***

Mar 8, 2014, 8:05 PM

Re: New Story: Heartbreaker at Littlejohn

Mar 8, 2014, 8:07 PM

The ball is clearly in the Pittsburgh player's hands when the red light is on. Clemson was robbed of an important game. That being said, the Tigers should have never given the refs the chance to take away a solid win.

Re: Educate Me

Mar 8, 2014, 9:30 PM

I never played basketball....too busy scoring on and off the football field (6 TDs in one game and Peg for a lifetime).

Why not have a player break toward the Clemson basket and pass it to him at midcourt or beyond? As long as someone touches the ball to get the clock started, even if a Pitt player gets the ball, he wouldn't be able to set for a shot and the shot he would have had to take a low percentage shot with 1 sec or less on the clock.

another lesson

Mar 9, 2014, 1:53 AM

for all Clemson athletes. Every yard gained is the winning fieldgoal. Every basket is the one that beats you. You can't take any possession off. The refs don't decide the game.

In all honesty, that first paragraph should also have some

Mar 9, 2014, 10:03 AM

mention in it like "and Clemson's inability to simply execute an inbounds pass" as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In all honesty, that first paragraph should also have some

Mar 9, 2014, 11:05 AM

It is very clear all season we have had trouble at some POINTSD on inbound passes. This one is a different breed. YOU NEVER,NEVER MAKE THE PASS THAT WE MADE! The proper play is a situational play. Put KJ on the foul line facing the inbounder. Another man is a foot or so beyond the 3point line behind KJ. Ball is ready for play. Player behind KJ breaks towards inbounder (a normal move in this situation) KJ moves a step or to towards the inbounder (another normal move in this situation) but then abruptly does a 180 and runs towards our basket (not a normal move in this situation). A rainbow pass is thrown. Either KJ catches it--game over or he tips it clock starts with only 2 plus seconds left. Even if the other player gets the ball the odds of him reacting to get off a shot are very very small and even smaller than he thinks to call a TO.
This play always works but needs to be practiced during the season ---ergo a situational play. Yes, I did.

Dave cOOtum

Mar 9, 2014, 8:18 PM

What adick!

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Dave cOOtum

Mar 9, 2014, 8:22 PM

Hey bozo--read lips--f.....u..

Re: Dave cOOtum

Mar 9, 2014, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Dave cOOtum ]

Hey Dave:
What a dichead you are. You are obviously another dummy that knows nothing about sports, never plated and sit home watching TV. Maybe you're. TS get a job loser!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,995
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic