Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: ACC official on last second shot by Pitt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

BKB Update: ACC official on last second shot by Pitt

Mar 8, 2014, 7:09 PM

ACC official on last second shot by Pitt

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So because the officials screwed up and didn't have the

Mar 8, 2014, 7:11 PM

Clocks synchronized, they go with the one that makes us lose. Ain't that just dandy.

Yep. They didn't have the balls to change it***

Mar 8, 2014, 7:13 PM

Re: Yep. They didn't have the balls to change it***

Mar 8, 2014, 8:13 PM

And for the truth to be know, that is exactly why we got screwed, plain and simple!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So because the officials screwed up and didn't have the

Mar 8, 2014, 7:16 PM [ in reply to So because the officials screwed up and didn't have the ]

that could essentially be the time it takes the electricity or signal to travel to that other side of the court from the one that COUNTS!

SUCKS!!! but replays did look like that's the case. the point is the basket light & clock looked to be zero when they super slow-mo'd

Re: So because the officials screwed up and didn't have the

Mar 8, 2014, 8:11 PM [ in reply to So because the officials screwed up and didn't have the ]

And the one on the opposite end of the court. They use the Clemson shot clock to give Pit time to shoot. ### happen to Pit's shot clock on their end of the court.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BKB Update: ACC official on last second shot by Pitt***

Mar 8, 2014, 7:15 PM

Re: BKB Update: ACC official on last second shot by Pitt***

Mar 8, 2014, 7:16 PM

How they let themselves even get in that situation is beyond me, but they did.

Mar 8, 2014, 7:41 PM

It was as clear as clear could be that the ball was still in his hand when the backboard lit up. They got hosed because the officials didn't have the gonads to make the right call. Having said that, that is what can happen when you do not put games away when you have the chance.

Why he wasn't at postgame media afterwards

Mar 8, 2014, 7:59 PM

Official Les Jones was in a hurry to join a witness protection program. He is currently in transit to Albuquerque, NM to ref high school basketball games for the rest of his life. Enjoy, Leslie!

~JKB

Re: BKB Update: ACC official on last second shot by Pitt

Mar 8, 2014, 8:08 PM

You may can split a hair, but you can't split 00.0 and make it show time. It just won't add up even with the best of simple math.

Sheet! Sheet! Sheet! Heartbroken and devastated!***

Mar 8, 2014, 8:10 PM

Can't imagine

Mar 8, 2014, 8:10 PM

how team and staff must feel. :(

"Judgment call"..."interpretation"????

Mar 8, 2014, 10:14 PM

That makes no sense. The clock on the end of the court where the play took place showed he did not get the ball off on time. The backboard light is on, the clock is at 0.00, and the ball is still in his hand. Period. That seems pretty cut and dry. No judging, no interpreting. I honestly don't know the letter of the law in this type of thing or if it's ever happened in the history of the game, but hiding behind a judgement call is pure BS.

Re: "Judgment call"..."interpretation"????

Mar 9, 2014, 11:50 PM

And a cowardly act by what are suppose to be professionals!!!

Throw the freakin' ball to the other end of the court!

Mar 8, 2014, 10:22 PM

GAME OVER!!!

"was a judgement call" but "not open to interpretation"?

Mar 9, 2014, 12:44 AM

isn't this an oxymoron? Better yet isn't the ref who said this a moron?

While I think this was a farce the real farce was our coach and team letting this happen. A simple Time Out or better designed through-in (1/2 court) would have negated it ever coming down to an ACC ref's "judgement".

I'm a Brownell and fan and proud of what this team has accomplished this year but they screwed this one up.

Re: "was a judgement call" but "not open to interpretation"?

Mar 9, 2014, 8:37 AM

Yep, its a crying shame that we find out that our coach is actually a HUMAN. Fire him b/c humans will make a mistake on occasion. For Brownell not to see the ball roll around on the floor and being picked up with a double pump and score in 2.2 seconds is unforgivable... As we all know, there is always a great chance for errors to be made in judgement calls. Just like the error made by the refs in our game. And that error was pretty blatant in the video evidence of what clock should have been in judgement. Another hose job by acc employees.

Absolutely laughable officiating

Mar 9, 2014, 1:01 AM

"The video showed it was in his hand, so we ignored that" ### ARE YOU THINKING?!?!?!?!

Re: Absolutely laughable officiating

Mar 9, 2014, 6:24 AM

and the clock on the end of the floor on which the play occurred showed triple zeroes...the clock on the other end of the court had no effect on the play.

Mar 9, 2014, 11:42 PM

Oh but the refs made that clock quite effected in causing us to lose that game....

Mar 9, 2014, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Absolutely laughable officiating ]

THE OFFICAITNG per usual for Clemson was beyond horrific! BUT why was our coach so passive? Can you imagine the coaches from Duke, Syracuse, Louiville UNC heck anybody reacting that way?! I mean at least if you had demanded to see the replay our guys could have rested a tad before overtime. I do not understand why our University puts up with these decisions over and over again. The players deserve better!

Mar 9, 2014, 11:46 PM

That is definitely not in Brownell's character. He is not one of those out of control freaks. And I believe that is why he is able to make better players out of a lot less talent. And if anybody expects him to fall off the deep end, they will wait for ever, and it still won't happen. That is not who he is....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Judgement call is did he WALK or not, walk, clock reads zero

Mar 9, 2014, 8:34 AM

is not a judgement call. It's definite. Either it's zero, or it's not.

Re: Judgement call is did he WALK or not, walk, clock reads zero

Mar 9, 2014, 8:46 AM

silly me, i always thought instant replay was put in so they could get the call correct.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In fairness, the judgement was the zeros, we know the clock

Mar 10, 2014, 7:26 AM [ in reply to Judgement call is did he WALK or not, walk, clock reads zero ]

went to zero. The judgement call was it still in his hands when it did.

It is funny with the "too close to overturn crowd". That was what I thought with rod's three last week in OT against Maryland . I thought well maybe his foot was touching the line, but you couldn't really tell. I thought it is too close to overturn. They overturn that one, and let this one stand, when they admit the board was red and he hadn't released it.

And yes, saving the idgits the trouble, we all already know it should not have come to that.

I guess the only really amazing thing is that I was surprised after years of watching acc refs. I'm sure somewhere lost in those 2.4 seconds there was charge call on Trevor and a hold called on Thomas Austin.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2014, 9:27 AM

Judgement call my ###!!!! If they make that same call in Chapel Hill or Durham, those refs would be reffing high school games the next day. This conference is such BS!

Mar 9, 2014, 12:54 PM

That game wan't even close to the first game that the MIGHTY ACC REFS have decided for us. And it won't even be close to the last one they will decide the out come for us. And this won't be the last time the fans will accuse our coaches and players for being responsible for the REFS having the opportunity to steal one. If they would have done this or that, it wouldn't have happen. But with reason, both can't be blamed, b/c a two point win is a win. And only the refs were at fault for making the absolute wrong call with the true fact in their faces on video. The clock at the other end of the court should have never been a factor regardless of what our guys did or didn't do prior to the bad call by the ref. It was plain and simply a bad call and we lost the game b/c of it, no other reason. The Pit player wasn't shooting to the goal that had 1/10th second on it. He shot at the goal that had no time left, and that should have been the deciding factor, and it wasn't in judgement. The light was on, and time was gone, PERIOD.

Screwed Ourselves

Mar 9, 2014, 2:31 PM

Someone in the AD responsible for calibration and synchronizing shots clocks should be fired. Cost Cutting efforts exposed...

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Well since the officials had the right to call it however

Mar 9, 2014, 2:54 PM

they wanted to then naturally Clemson lost. Surprised?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Judgement call that couldn't be overturned, so we spent

Mar 9, 2014, 11:48 PM

two minutes looking at the film that didn't matter.

Presidential material.

Mar 10, 2014, 10:52 AM

As bad as that call was, it didn't cost us the game...at least not by itself. What about giving up an 11 point lead? What about throwing the inbounds pass under out own basket and then not being able to handle it? What about not being able to score in OT? Those were all more contibuting factors, than one call that in reality only tied the game.

Mar 10, 2014, 10:52 AM

Not our own basket, but even worse, under thier basket.

Not to flog this deceased equine an y more ...

Mar 10, 2014, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: BKB Update: ACC official on last second shot by Pitt ]

...but if the proper call was made none of the things you are harping on would matter.

And yes I realize the opposite can be said: if we make one more FT, if we don't allow a 3-pointer, if we hadn't given up six turnovers in the first five minutes, etc. etc., the bad call wouldn't have mattered.

But never think that a team not playing perfectly is an excuse for such a glaring inadequacy of officiating.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not to flog this deceased equine an y more ...

Mar 10, 2014, 12:59 PM

I'm not harping on anything, just pointing out that if any of those 4 things I mentioned, or the things you pointed out, had gone the other way then the call whouldn't have mattered and very well may not have happened. The point is that there is not 1 thing that cost us the win, it was the culmination of all those things.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic