Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Recruiting Notes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Recruiting Notes

Feb 6, 2014, 11:13 AM

Recruiting Notes

Recruiting Notes
Yesterday was another step in the building of Clemson's football program towards a consistent national power. It was the fourth straight top 15 class signed by Dabo Swinney
flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Recruiting Notes

Feb 6, 2014, 11:46 AM

I know Tigers had a great recruiting class. And I hate to sound negative. But both Fl State #3 and even Miami #10 had much better rankings than the Tigers. Just how important is it for Clemson to close this recruiting gap with the Seminoles? If it's not, Clemson as far as ACC championships more than likely will be the league's bridesmaid, not the bride.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings

Re: kind of depends on how you define much better

Feb 6, 2014, 12:27 PM

Miami is 10, we are 12. Florida state signed 27, we signed 22. Would one or two players more being signed or being a 4* instead of 3 made us rank higher? We filled our needs with great players. As long as you are in the top 10 to 15 in recruiting, i don't see a huge difference between the top and bottom of that group.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Watch out

Feb 6, 2014, 12:34 PM

You can get run out of town here for being logical!

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

Feb 6, 2014, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Recruiting Notes ]

Part of the recruiting I see at Clemson is focusing on players that will be at Clemson 4 years or 5. A lot of the players signed by FSU and Miami will be 3 year players.
I would rather have a lot 5th year 4 stars and even 3 stars than a team with a lot of 3rd year players.
Someone analyzed the Seahawks roster this year in the superbowl..... guess how many on the roster were 5 star recruits out of HS?

Miami had one more esp top 300

Feb 6, 2014, 12:58 PM

Player than us. I believe flu had two. This was a smaller class. I was impressed that we were able to get in late with 2 4 star kids and sway one away from notre dame. Factor in the probable kamara transfer and its another great day. Next year's class could easily be top 10.

Feb 6, 2014, 1:13 PM

Does the 5 commits for next year count the grey shirts in this class? I think we have 3 or 4 maybe 5 with Spence?

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic