Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Leadership Void
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Leadership Void

Dec 29, 2013, 12:42 AM

Leadership Void

The Clemson team will get together for team meetings in early January, and missing will be several key leaders from this year's team. Who will step into that void? Who would Dabo Swinney like to see fill a leadership role? And what does he think about having a large group of underclassmen next season? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leadership is so yesterday, and cowers in the shadow of

Dec 29, 2013, 12:45 AM

SWAG.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Leadership is so yesterday, and cowers in the shadow of

Dec 29, 2013, 12:55 AM

Deer Smiley---Go to bed.

Re: Leadership is so yesterday, and cowers in the shadow of

Dec 31, 2013, 1:25 PM
Smiling Deer.jpg(516.5 K)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Now that's a "deer smiley"***

Dec 31, 2013, 1:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Without leadership SWAG only gets you beat up by teammates***

Dec 29, 2013, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Leadership is so yesterday, and cowers in the shadow of ]

Works for Winston.***

Dec 29, 2013, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Leadership is so yesterday, and cowers in the shadow of ]

There's something in these hills.

Yeah, that and being a super talented, surprisingly mature

Dec 29, 2013, 12:11 PM

physical freak.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Leadership

Dec 29, 2013, 7:52 AM

Is the single most important aspect of a team sport , and player to player leadership more important still. No question that Dabo Swinney fosters this in his team and they understand its monumental importance. SWAG is just overindulgent youthful enthusiasm ...but yes a little of that thrown in isn't a bad thing so long ad the team is first .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Yep

Dec 29, 2013, 8:19 AM

Ask Miami about swag. Swag is for the fans. I'll take quiet confidence every time. Just ask a marine. He will tell ya where to put the swag

hmmm... why would anyone need to ask a marine?

Dec 29, 2013, 8:25 AM

i thought you were promoting quiet confidence?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep

Dec 29, 2013, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Yep ]

Good answer. In the future, capital "M" in Marine. Other than that, awesome post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Look it up

Dec 29, 2013, 8:35 AM

Get on you tube and search marine vs kick boxer and you'll understand the parallel. It's actually pretty funny

Was he really focusing on Stoudt?

Dec 29, 2013, 9:05 AM

Sounds like he was just rattling off the more senior players than giving anyone a clue about where his mind is regarding QB. No doubt Stoudt gets an equal shot at the position, though.

You do understand Marine v kick boxer is a complete fiction. That is a movie clip.***

Dec 29, 2013, 10:15 AM

ya gotta have leadership & accountability on the team...

Dec 29, 2013, 10:45 AM

That should start with the more experienced & seasoned, game - intelligent player (especially QB).

Having some swagger & a little tigerness (subbing tiger for c0cky, because we don't anything cootish involved with our team) is also a good thing to have in the right amount & can display confidence or no-fear attitude...
But you have to back that swag crap up!!!! So many times those shaggy guys blow it & end up looking stupid & becoming a wind-bag full of hot air...

Yeah...The "U" got their a$$es WAXED!!! They can take all that swagger & go get get pedis & manicures to complete their 'looking like punk-biatches' status after this year! Lol
They really hurt our conference & how it's viewed nationally, considering how good they were supposed to be & their utter implosion...
I'm a Clemson man though above all else, sooo
GO TIGERS!!! PASS THE BUCKS! :)

*don't need any cootishness, *swaggy, not shaggy. lol

Dec 29, 2013, 10:47 AM

Mister lover lover...ummm! Lol

thought we were

Dec 29, 2013, 1:08 PM

Too DEEP

Replies: 17