Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Update: Cliff Ellis waited a decade to watch Clemson loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Basketball Update: Cliff Ellis waited a decade to watch Clemson loss

Dec 21, 2013, 9:19 PM

Cliff Ellis waited a decade to watch Clemson loss

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really, all that happened in "one second" - nope - we wuz

Dec 21, 2013, 9:24 PM

robbed!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FIRST CUSS WORD TO PARENT WHEN THIS HAPPENED

Dec 22, 2013, 1:42 AM

Was on the phone with my mom at age 12 watching this and when it happened I slipped up and said "U gotta be ######## me" in awe and she said what did you say and I didnt even remember slipping up cause I was so shocked at this. ### YOU TATE GEORGE. Glad Duke took care of you in elite 8 next game.

Common theme of poor free throw shooting made the play

Dec 22, 2013, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Really, all that happened in "one second" - nope - we wuz ]

Possible. We had a chance to ice the game but missed front end right before it happened. Still no way he catches it in the air,comes down, spins and goes back up in that amount of time

Always reminds me of the USSR ripping off the USA

Dec 28, 2013, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Really, all that happened in "one second" - nope - we wuz ]

in the Olympics. Those were the two longest seconds in history in those games.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Still haven't ever re-watched it.***

Dec 21, 2013, 9:29 PM

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

I was 49 when game started & then 109 with that ugly loss!

Dec 21, 2013, 9:42 PM

When Campbell would have put his hands straight up on shooter but he stood there with hands down so Not To Foul..and the guy hit a great lucky shot.

Made UConn for years to go..and Clemson went down a bit after that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was 49 when game started & then 109 with that ugly loss!

Dec 21, 2013, 10:17 PM

Campbell defended the inbounds. It was Sean Tyson and he was in position and it would have been hammered home not to do anything to draw a foul.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Re: I was 49 when game started & then 109 with that ugly loss!

Dec 21, 2013, 10:23 PM

Let me add that this and replays of the Puntrooskie still give my blood pressure a dangerous spike. George's shot should never have been allowed and shot rules were changed shortly after to remove the opportunity for officials to so badly ruin a game. Bowden called a timeout he didn't have to set up for the field goal in the puntrooskie game. It was a few years later they changed the rules to make it a penalty for doing what they did. Regardless, the clock should have kept running and the game ended a draw.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Re: Basketball Update: Cliff Ellis waited a decade to watch Clemson loss

Dec 21, 2013, 10:11 PM

I was there. We ladies drove up there in my pink Mary Kay Cadillac Driving that pink car in NY City is another story to tell sometime, but I digress. We had some NY Knick personnel sitting behind us that night. They said that in the NBA they would have had the opportunity for that shot....That it's not physically possible to do what Tate did in the amount of time left left on the clock. Pretty much said we were robbed. The fans there were awful, but were especially bad to each other. I've never seen fans 8 or 9 rows up go down and tell their own fans to sit down, but UCONN fans did. We were right in the middle of them the next night when they played Duke. We celebrated like crazy when Christian Laettner hit that last shot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2013, 10:14 PM

Sorry, there was suppose to be the word NOT in that sentence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2013, 3:47 PM

I'm more impressed by the money you were making to drive the pink Cadillac. :)

Good story

That play was worse than the puntrooskie.***

Dec 22, 2013, 8:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The puntrooskie was REAL...That #### was make believe***

Dec 22, 2013, 9:06 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One second shot

Dec 22, 2013, 8:44 AM

My memory may fail me but I recall he caught the ball in the corner, and hit a turn around jumper all in one second . IMPOSSIBLE!

Dec 22, 2013, 9:13 AM

I think that their fans were happy that the clock man allowed them to steal the game, not win it. There is just no way you can catch the ball, bounce on your feet, turn around, shoot and score in 1 second. Hopefully the man controlling the clock was never allowed to touch a game clock ever again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ball was still on his fingertips at 0.0. That wouldn't have

Dec 22, 2013, 9:30 AM

counted these days.

You're right. I stopped it at zero and I agree.***

Dec 22, 2013, 1:34 PM

I was watching that downtown...

Dec 22, 2013, 9:34 AM

at one of the College Ave. drinking establishments. I remember that we had a man guarding the inbounds passer, and I wondered why would we do that? It's going to have to be a baseball throw that was going to go over his head anyway... why not put all five of our guys down on the other side of the court so we would have numbers and a better chance at disrupting the pass? I guess it just seemed so impossible that they would score that it didn't seem to matter at the time. But in hindsight you have to question that decision. If we manage to disrupt that pass, game over, we win. That was a crushing defeat to end a great basketball season.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I met Sean Tyson a few years after this game..

Dec 22, 2013, 2:17 PM

very nice young man. He felt so bad about just letting
off of George. All he could think about was don't foul.

Re: I met Sean Tyson a few years after this game..

Dec 22, 2013, 9:06 PM

Very nice and a very humble young man then and even today. Big Sean, as we called him at the time, went into a shell after that game and it took him a long time to come to grips with it, not accepting how impossible it was for all of that to happen in literally less than a second, but it did. All his training and ball instincts simply said, 'don't foul'. I stay in touch with him and he is doing well, still involved in bball in Canada, and is training two of his own sons to hopefully, to bring their game back to Clemson, and do even bigger and better things than Big Sean.

Minnesota Against Clemson In The Tourney ----

Dec 23, 2013, 11:04 AM

That game took forever. McIntyer was a beast in that game
, but that team gave out of gas in the end.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic