Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Frustrated Chad Kelly meets with Morris and Swinney, says future is now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Frustrated Chad Kelly meets with Morris and Swinney, says future is now

Dec 19, 2013, 10:32 AM

Frustrated Chad Kelly meets with Morris and Swinney, says future is now

Backup quarterback Chad Kelly came to Clemson to play football, not sit the bench. After not taking a snap in the home finale against The Citadel, the frustrated New York native had a long meeting with Dabo Swinney and Chad Morris, and he feels that his future is now. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Frustrated Chad Kelly meets with Morris and Swinney, says future is now

Dec 19, 2013, 10:35 AM

Like the competitive spirit.

Since I joined T-Net, I've done a complete 360.***

Dec 19, 2013, 10:37 AM

null

You never left the baptist.

Dec 19, 2013, 10:40 AM

hth

Once a baptist...

Dec 19, 2013, 12:22 PM

always a baptist

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Tell 'em baptist***

Dec 19, 2013, 12:25 PM

null

Re: Once a baptist...

Dec 19, 2013, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Once a baptist... ]

I'll drink to that:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Once a baptist...

Dec 19, 2013, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Once a baptist... ]

Not true. I was raised baptist, and I hope I never darken the door again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since I joined T-Net, I've done a complete 360.***

Dec 19, 2013, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Since I joined T-Net, I've done a complete 360.*** ]

I came in looking at it one way, turned 360 and it looks the same...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2013, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Since I joined T-Net, I've done a complete 360.*** ]

Round n round n round n round.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2013, 1:20 PM

I know how you feel. Those revolving 360's are awesome;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boy, is he the hottest topic on TNet or what??

Dec 19, 2013, 10:40 AM

No longer does Dabo and Texas lead the posting here. It's now all about QBs for next year!!

Kelly is super motivated to show out. I agree with Morris from his Monday interview, this spring is going to be very exciting by watching the QB race.

Kelly hurls one:
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14814195

NERVOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 19, 2013, 5:28 PM

He is a hell of a QB but if he gets beat out by C.S or D.W then does that mean his emotions will get best of him again?

He'll transfer if he gets beat out

Dec 19, 2013, 6:03 PM

I'd almost bet the farm on that. I wouldn't blame him, if DW is as good as advertised.

Kelly does give us a better shot

Dec 19, 2013, 10:46 AM

To win next year. Stout has done well but he just can't run as well which is vital for our offense. Watson would benefit from a redshirt year. Kelly could do great next year. I hope he does. We don't want him to transfer and then only have stout an a redshirt freshman.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree big time. Stoudt is a much better passer than

Dec 19, 2013, 10:59 AM

Kelly. And he can run just enough to run the offense. Points and big plays come through the passing game and Stoudt is better than Kelly. He's also got more time in the offense and understands it better.

I'm sure they both understand the offense

Dec 19, 2013, 11:08 AM

This is a common point everyone likes to make between Cole and Chad but what makes everyone believe Cole knows the offense better. Kelly has had two years to learn the offense, was recruited specifically for this offense, and calls in the plays from the sidelines. I think it is safe to say that he probably knows the offense as well as anyone else on the team.

Just from watching them both play on the field, Cole

Dec 19, 2013, 4:19 PM

appears to have a much firmer grasp on the offense.

Re: Disagree big time. Stoudt is a much better passer than

Dec 19, 2013, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Disagree big time. Stoudt is a much better passer than ]

I agree. If you watched both play this year Stoudt was clearly the better player. More poise, more confidence, much better passer, much more experienced. If the season started tomorrow we'd be crazy not to start Stoudt.

Dec 19, 2013, 1:26 PM

We have only seen them both in mop up duty against chity competition.

Wrong. Stoudt had to come in for meaningful time

Dec 19, 2013, 6:05 PM

In 2012 Tajh got beat up a few times, leading to meaningful playing time for Stoudt. He handled it well in 2012, and is even better this year.

"Points and big plays come through the passing game"

Dec 19, 2013, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Disagree big time. Stoudt is a much better passer than ]

Guessing you play a lot of x-box and haven't followed actual football for very long.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

unfortunately I think "The Chad" agrees...

Dec 19, 2013, 11:54 AM

see last two years against UCS...

UGH!! I know. HotRod was playing like a man on a mission

Dec 19, 2013, 4:26 PM

he was running with authority, and Chad mysteriously gets pass happy again. I hoped he learned his lesson after last year's USuC game.

No, its just a bit of common knowledge though

Dec 19, 2013, 4:21 PM [ in reply to "Points and big plays come through the passing game" ]

Also, Ron Jawarski loves to use that saying.

What we don't know is whether Stoudt can take a full

Dec 19, 2013, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Disagree big time. Stoudt is a much better passer than ]

season of being pounded. He's a great passer and has that needed composure of a QB as you say. But he is extremely lanky and when he is in motion I keep thinking about how one solid tackle could snap something. There is no way he could be as effective at running into defenders as Boyd has been and Kelly could be. But with open field and clear holes in the line, he can certainly get some yards on the ground. Is that a good fit for Morris' plan? Maybe not.

But we'll see who wins the race in about 9 months.

Just because you're lanky

Dec 19, 2013, 7:09 PM

doesn't mean you're not tough. Big guys tear ligaments all the time....

Well, yeah. But lanky refers to muscle mass as much as

Dec 19, 2013, 7:24 PM

anything else. And if you are low on muscle what gets hit? Bone. Organs. I'm not saying he might not be tough. He just doesn't have the build of someone you would put into situations of forced hard contact all the time. Look at some of the ways Boyd ran head on into defenders like back would and pushed. I just don't see Stoudt being either good at that all the time or able to withstand a lot of it.

He is a great QB. Just not the same kind as Boyd or that Kelly will probably be. He may be able to bulk up some over the spring. Dunno.

Dec 19, 2013, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Disagree big time. Stoudt is a much better passer than ]

I agree Stoudt better passer but can Kelly greatly improve his passing with a lot more reps? I like his competitive fire and wouldnt put it past him to eventually overtake CS.

You're right, maybe I should have clarified myself and

Dec 19, 2013, 4:23 PM

stated that right now Cole is the better passer. Kelly could pass him in that regard though. If the season started tomorrow, Cole should start. We'll see in 9 months though.

I dont have a personal favorite, just want the best player available to start.

Re: Kelly does give us a better shot

Dec 19, 2013, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Kelly does give us a better shot ]

Stoudt makes good decisions with the ball in his hands... the best QBs are the ones who make the best decisions in any offense.
Kelly is faster, Stoudt does not make mistakes. What lost the USC game, lack of a fast QB or mistakes? We might hit 10 wins with either one. Stoudt more likely to get us to 12 wins that Kelly, Stoudt knows this offense. I am not sure Kelly does yet?

Re: Front Page Story: Frustrated Chad Kelly meets with Morris and Swinney, says future is now

Dec 19, 2013, 10:47 AM

Next year is in less than 2 weeks. We need him now.

me me me me me me me me me me me look at me***

Dec 19, 2013, 10:52 AM

Re: me me me me me me me me me me me look at me***

Dec 19, 2013, 10:54 AM

Hopefully doing a 360 and going back the same direction he was going doesnt happen. But its only unthinkable if he doesnt think it.

Re: me me me me me me me me me me me look at me***

Dec 19, 2013, 1:34 PM [ in reply to me me me me me me me me me me me look at me*** ]

OK, Let's sort this all out. Watson is going to be the "face of the program", according to Deshaun quoting Dabo, and Kelly will be the man according to Chad quoting "The Chad"? Who is going to anoint poor Cole Stoudt as the next heir apparent to Tajh? Brent Venables?

Good players are frequently egocentric.

Dec 19, 2013, 7:10 PM [ in reply to me me me me me me me me me me me look at me*** ]

It's part of what makes the good.

This isnt charity, you have to earn your way on the field

Dec 19, 2013, 10:53 AM

you gotta beat out Cole and Deshaun.

Who Is Not Looking At Things Clearly??

Dec 19, 2013, 10:54 AM

It was senior day...it was about the seniors.
Sure Kelly could have played, but at the same time
he should be somewhat thankful that, he may have been
protected because he did have that injury to a very
delicate part of his leg.

Calm down Kelly. Just beat Cole and the job is yours.
If you don't I believe you will still see a lot of action.

Great point, a little used senior on the practice squad

Dec 19, 2013, 11:10 AM

should get to play in the game over someone like Kelly

No matter who wins the job, it's a nice problem to have

Dec 19, 2013, 11:09 AM

3 guys capable of starting and running the offense.

Run Forrest Run...err Run Chad Run

Dec 19, 2013, 11:15 AM

@ 5:50 he sounds like Forrest Gump. "It" happens.

This makes me feel good about our staff's ability to reassure

Dec 19, 2013, 11:31 AM

Athletes who are questioning their role. Hopefully they do the same with Alexander

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This makes me feel good about our staff's ability to reassure

Dec 19, 2013, 1:26 PM

All successful coaches do it.........it's called lying!

Re: This makes me feel good about our staff's ability to reassure

Dec 19, 2013, 1:34 PM [ in reply to This makes me feel good about our staff's ability to reassure ]

Oh nooooo, not that chit again after it was just reported that he had a smile on his face again. Don't mess with the smile!!!;)

Chad Kelly should have started the SC game.***

Dec 19, 2013, 11:33 AM

There's something in these hills.

Love Stoudt's passing but love Kelly's passion & versatility

Dec 19, 2013, 11:33 AM

GobOYs..git er done & win for Clemson in 2014.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turning a full 360 puts you back where you were. Haha Sorry.***

Dec 19, 2013, 11:44 AM

thatsthejoke.jpg***

Dec 19, 2013, 12:53 PM

There's something in these hills.

Not surprised

Dec 19, 2013, 12:40 PM

Knew it was just a matter of time before this happened.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I guess the question becomes does he transfer if/when Stoudt

Dec 19, 2013, 12:49 PM

wins the job next year. I think Kelly is certainly the underdog in the QB race atm, and with Watson coming in next as well, Kelly seems like the type that may bail if he doesn't get the job next season.

Re: I guess the question becomes does he transfer if/when Stoudt

Dec 19, 2013, 1:45 PM

There is no MIGHT with him. His FB family will insist he transfers some where. The swag is the Kelly families hope back into pro FB again. And bet your whole #### hole that they ( Dabo and Morris ) has already been told that!!!!!!!!!!

After his first full season, Dabo has done a complete 360

Dec 19, 2013, 2:18 PM [ in reply to I guess the question becomes does he transfer if/when Stoudt ]

against the Coots !

Re: I guess the question becomes does he transfer if/when Stoudt

Dec 19, 2013, 3:03 PM [ in reply to I guess the question becomes does he transfer if/when Stoudt ]

He said y'all..........don't fear the competition between three good candidates Tiger Lovers! It only makes it better!

Re: I would have a plan to transfer if I were Kelly

Dec 19, 2013, 4:01 PM [ in reply to I guess the question becomes does he transfer if/when Stoudt ]

As a contingency. That whole "take what we give you" comment from the coaches is bothersome. I wouldn't want to be spoon fed chicken soup when I know I can eat 4lbs of raw meat with my bare hands.

Thought it said "Chad Kelly Tweets" instead of "meets."

Dec 19, 2013, 12:55 PM

So used to seeing that word next to his name.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2013, 3:54 PM

Reminds me of another qback we had a few years ago that thought the future was thru him, got frustrated with lack of playing time, transferred to North Greenville, and became a nobody. You gotta prove it on the practice field before you can prove it on the playing field.

Not cool, Man

Dec 19, 2013, 4:02 PM

Willie had his shoulder torn to shreds by a GT thug. Before that he'd won the starting job from Harper....who also had a throwing injury after diving into the end zone against BC.

I agree with Chad Kelly.

Dec 19, 2013, 4:24 PM

Chad and Cole should have played in the 2d half while Tajh watched with a smile on the bench.

It's been a while since I had geometry but......

Dec 19, 2013, 4:44 PM

if you do a complete 360 aren't you going in the same direction then? Just sayin'. Go Tigers !!!

Kelly will be named the starting QB in the early part of the

Dec 19, 2013, 4:48 PM

season next year.

For anyone that thinks Kelly doesn't have as good or better arm than Stoudt does, then you have only seen the 50+ plays that Kelly was on the field.

Chad has a great arm and has great accuracy on the run. He absolutely gives Clemson the best chance to win...Stoudt's experience will garner much consideration at the first part of the season though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For anyone who thinks this is a clear Kelly victory

Dec 19, 2013, 6:07 PM

You haven't been watching Stoudt over the last two years. Particularly in 2012 when he had to come in when Tajh got beat up.

He's shown some wheels this year, too. I really like his arm and he has ice in his veins.

Re: For anyone who thinks this is a clear Kelly victory

Dec 19, 2013, 7:04 PM

Easy to have ice in your veins in mop up duty vs. SC State and The Citadel.

If I were Kelly, I would not be happy with Dabo.

Dec 19, 2013, 6:31 PM

His "face of Clemson" comments makes me believe he is biased towards Watson.

I think it was a similar situation between Parker and Korn. Parker was Dabo's recruit. I'm not sure Korn would have gotten a fair shake even if he had not been injured.

Coming off that knee injury, Dabo & Co. would be crazy

Dec 19, 2013, 7:20 PM

to run him out there too much. I love this kid's confidence, and think he will be the starting QB in 2014. He's the kind of QB you need to beat an FSU and Cootlina.

Re: Yes.

Dec 19, 2013, 7:32 PM [ in reply to If I were Kelly, I would not be happy with Dabo. ]

That was the wrong comment to make by the coach.

Re: If I were Kelly, I would not be happy with Dabo.

Dec 20, 2013, 6:15 AM [ in reply to If I were Kelly, I would not be happy with Dabo. ]

And mainly because Korn was not as good as Parker. Look what happened to Korn once he left the Clemson program. He was better than Parker in his "own mind" but not on the field of play.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazing what a 10:00 minute 4th quarter drive by The Citadel

Dec 19, 2013, 7:30 PM

can lead to.

Dec 19, 2013, 11:06 PM

Don't worry- Chad Kelly will transfer with the brains of the coaching staff as soon as Dabos savior gets head coaching job after bowl game.

Not a hater. Not a coot. Morris knows what he is doing.

If Morris Stays and Stoudt beats Kelly out Stoudt will have to play flawless not to lose job.

If we can retain Morris we can retain being 10-2/3 and not reverting back to 8-5.
Still may not solve beating SC problem as Morris definitely a part of it- but feel Daboless he would master the equation.

Dec 19, 2013, 11:55 PM

Hmm, something smells like wet chicken feathers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic