Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Bourret Stat on winning vs un-ranked teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 93
| visibility 1

Football Update: Bourret Stat on winning vs un-ranked teams

Dec 19, 2013, 9:11 AM

Bourret Stat on winning vs un-ranked teams

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel so much better now Tim, thanks.***

Dec 19, 2013, 9:13 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haha***

Dec 19, 2013, 9:26 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting...Very I N T E R E S T I N G TiM. FSU & SC don't

Dec 19, 2013, 9:16 AM

matter now! LOL. GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tim's getting blasted on his twitter

At some point it makes sense to stay away from the stats a while after going 1-2 in your 3 big games of the year.

While it is impressive to do that against unranked teams it would be even more impressive if we didn't lose to the coots 5 times in a row.

What did he post that isn't true? Nothing was intended to

Dec 19, 2013, 9:42 AM

be about the coots, they are ranked.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why does something have to be 'untrue' to be viewed as

Dec 19, 2013, 9:46 AM

wrong?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is wrong with the fact he posted? He's the sports

Dec 19, 2013, 9:50 AM

information guy and this is his job. He has nothing to do with the winning or losing.

it's propaganda. it's a pretty stat, i can't explain

Dec 19, 2013, 9:58 AM

the psychology of it if you don't understand or see beyond it being "correct".

that's not an attack. right & wrong aren't always hard & fast irrefutable numbers, they are also ideas that can carry negative connotations.

me, i'm at that point with this stat. it's old and tiring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's propaganda. it's a pretty stat, i can't explain

Dec 19, 2013, 11:14 AM

good post kthnx

It's also propaganda when the media talks about "Clemsoning"

Dec 19, 2013, 1:17 PM [ in reply to it's propaganda. it's a pretty stat, i can't explain ]

I'm way more tired of that.

Re: it's propaganda. it's a pretty stat, i can't explain

Dec 24, 2013, 11:31 AM [ in reply to it's propaganda. it's a pretty stat, i can't explain ]

DSP, I feel ya on it getting a little old w/the stats but I think this is proof that we are no longer pulling a Clemson! I'll gladly take this stat!

me too aiken. it's not about taking or leaving a stat,

Dec 24, 2013, 11:59 AM

it's offered for the reason you gave. it has been an attack on clemsoning since dabo was offering a varietion of the theme/storyline with double digit wins against unranked at the outset of the season. it has a purpose. nothing wrong with that; at least you can feel where it might be tiring for some people.

i don't want to go back to the bowden days, but for someone to offer that as alternative is bad form. why can't we have both? it always seems to be either/or when offering alternatives to 5 straight double digit losses to the chickens. i don't want to go back; it should be about moving forward. moving forward would include not going to the well too often. i think some people feel the cuad/football dept has in this instance and they're apparently letting tim know. are they really killing the message or the messenger? i think it's the message. unfortunately for tim, he probably got some on him. :)

tim does a great job, nothing short of excellent from what i've seen, but i can understand if some people want a new fireside chat.

merry xmas aiken. hope you & the family have a great one!

no question reasonable people are happy with the 'progress'

Dec 19, 2013, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Tim's getting blasted on his twitter ]

but it's next step time.

this stat[and similar misdirects] are bound to start rubbing even loyalists the wrong way.

I agree. It is something that most on here are proud of

Dec 19, 2013, 9:48 AM

but at the same time don't want to hear how great we are against crappy teams. Wait and post something like this in the offseason if we beat the buckeyes.

Good to hear you're a loyalist...

Dec 19, 2013, 10:20 AM [ in reply to no question reasonable people are happy with the 'progress' ]

and not a fence-sitter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

"similar misdirects"?

Dec 19, 2013, 12:58 PM [ in reply to no question reasonable people are happy with the 'progress' ]

I completely disagree. Just because you view the facts showing we're doing things most teams aren't and things we certainly haven't done for a long time, that doesn't make them "misdirects".

Tim is a statistician in charge of sports information, and he's a fan. I mean, would you rather him dig for and highlight any type of negatives?

you can disagree stanley, it's not changing my saturation

Dec 19, 2013, 1:49 PM

point.

tim does a great job, never said differently. i also said realists should be happy with the achieve & i am, but i'm ready for a new story line.

i'm not alone in wanting one.

Saturation point? So what is your boiling point (at sea level

Dec 19, 2013, 1:53 PM

of course)? Do you ever melt, or possibly reach a totally gaseous state?

It's important.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

does she look like kate beckinsale in underworld?

Dec 19, 2013, 1:59 PM

it's important.

The storyline is the storyline regardless of your

Dec 20, 2013, 2:16 PM [ in reply to you can disagree stanley, it's not changing my saturation ]

"saturation point". And again, the points Tim makes are not "misdirects"; they're valid facts which put our achievements in relative comparison to the rest of the world. I'm not really "disagreeing" or agreeing with you; fact is, whether you like these comparisons or not, or find them valuable or not, it really doesn't change the fact they are relevant.

sure it is. 51-14[tied a record?] & a 5th straight loss

Dec 20, 2013, 2:28 PM

loss to the coots there's not much good coming out of that so they regifted a stat that's been played all year because of clemsoning.

the program needed a feel good & he gave it to us. i don't care what you call it, it's a misdirect going into the bowl & with signing day looming.

relevant doesn't make it any less over played.

"similar misdirects", "saturation point", "overplayed".....

Dec 23, 2013, 1:37 PM

"similar misdirects": Tim's factual blurbs which show our accomplishments versus the rest of the world are not misdirects at all. They are listed to show the obvious - that we're doing pretty darn good! What would be a non-misdirect? Stating how we lost to USuC and FSU again, like you seem to want to focus? Would you rather he keep citing those things? Wouldn't doing that be "saturation points" and "overplays"?

"saturation point": Seems to me he is listing new relative comparisons each time he does it. What do you mean by saturation? Again, would you rather he continue to saturate us with "..we lost to USuC and FSU.."?

"overplayed": See above. He is listing new things every time, and each one of the things he lists are, by your own admission, relevant. Is it more relevant to saturate and overplay the couple negatives as opposed to the many positives? I think that answer is perfectly clear.

Again, this isn't truly a matter of a agreeing or disagreeing. What I think it is is more so the fact you're having trouble seeing the forest through the trees. That seems to be a theme among a minority of the fanbase who simply cannot let go of the fact FSU is better than us and 6 turnovers cost us a game we surely could have won otherwise. I get that, but it's past time to move on.

Try to digest, as Tim shows, that we continue to do better than we have in a very, very long time, and in fact, we're doing better than most everyone in the country. I hate losing any games, especially when we give one away to the chickens, but like most I continue to appreciate the growth and relative accomplishments that Tim points out.

because clemson is alabama, well, save the 3 national titles

Dec 23, 2013, 1:54 PM

in the last 4 years. right?

it's the same story line.

a new storyline would have been what team has beaten 3 straight top 10 sec teams?

that would have been a nice one.

you not only disagreed, you completely disagreed with "similar misdirects" and i honestly don't care if you agree, disagree or are indifferent.

you're not changing why tim was taking heat on twitter. you're not changing the storyline or the fact some people are tired of it. they want 5 straight to end.

beat usuck. fix it. these things will turn the page. these will create something new and there's not a thing wrong with expecting and/or wanting that stanley.

i'm sorry, not stanley - GIOVANNI. what kind of person creates additional user names to point themselves?

seriously. here:

photo giovannistanley_zps1d2fd6b1.jpg

photo stanleymorgangiovanni_zpsf097ebb6.jpg

good luck in life, you need it.

Comical, seriously.

Dec 23, 2013, 2:02 PM

So unless Clemson is on par with Alabama then anything pointing towards our accomplishments is "saturating", a "misdirect", and "overplayed"?

Have you heard the unranked stat from Tim before? If so, I I apologize, but it's the first time I heard it. Frankly, even if I did previously hear it, it still remains relevant. Correct or no?

I didn't disagree with your feeling on similar misdirects. The FACT is, they're not "misdirects" at all. Again, they are relevant facts which compare our accomplishments with the rest of 1-A. Again, what do you want him to do - focus on the couple negative, like some seem to prefer?

I couldn't care less about any "heat" Tim may have taken on twitter. It's irrelevant to the facts.

Who the hell isn't tired of losing to USuC?!?! Who the hell doesn't want to fix these this?? But again, that issue is unrelated to the facts Tim has been posting.

personally, i'd say pointing yourself as you do is pathetic.

Dec 23, 2013, 2:14 PM

really, what kind of person has a need to do so?

we're here to help, well, until bmeist bombs you into the stone age... again.

should we help name your next 14 users?

perhaps soccerkrzy could have a donor pick em contest with a give away?

don't forget to chose defense before you go...

go luck.

This is borderline gwp-ish....***

Dec 23, 2013, 2:18 PM

null

seriously, get that schnauzer stanley off my pant leg...

Dec 23, 2013, 2:24 PM

and where is gwp?

Has he posted since the Cleveland game?

Dec 23, 2013, 2:27 PM

I'm worried.....been worried all year.

null

he's our friend so naturally there's some concern, but he's

Dec 23, 2013, 2:31 PM

been through it all his life; the fumbles, lost hope, the beatdowns & the midnight runs to balmore...

how much disappointed could there be?

And last year they took Brandon Weeden, and it looks

Dec 23, 2013, 2:34 PM

like they barely missed out on Clowney this year. Gotta be tough...

null

it'll be fitting when the browns trade their entire draft

Dec 23, 2013, 2:38 PM

to move up to take clowney & gwp has to root for that coot.

go browns!

ruff ruff ruff, sickem dawgs.

Can Clowney throw? Maybe they'll play him both ways..***

Dec 23, 2013, 2:44 PM

null

Nice dodge though. Seriously, how old are you?

Dec 23, 2013, 2:42 PM [ in reply to personally, i'd say pointing yourself as you do is pathetic. ]

Your bizarre, juvenile rant makes no sense whatsoever, and in the midst of that you forgot to address the facts of the matter. Not only based on childish posts, I assume you're a young guy and that's why fail to see the forest through the trees? How long have you been following Clemson football?

Uh oh....***

Dec 23, 2013, 2:45 PM

null

BRB going to get some popcorn***

Dec 23, 2013, 2:49 PM

Wake gwp up.....***

Dec 23, 2013, 2:49 PM

null

Looks like dsp's scared. How can a man with 16....

Dec 23, 2013, 2:56 PM [ in reply to BRB going to get some popcorn*** ]

scoks following him be scared?

;)

null

now, now... maybe stanley can put together a competitive

Dec 23, 2013, 2:58 PM

soccer team with all his users?

is this your attempt at a personal attack stanley? i'm

Dec 23, 2013, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Nice dodge though. Seriously, how old are you? ]

pretty sure those are frowned upon here.

perhaps you're feeling anxious & this is how you alleviate the stress associated with 5 straight?

i know, maybe you should log over to giovanni or any number of your other users & point yourself so you can feel better about all of you?

it's ok, i'll wait.

Aptly describing your

Dec 23, 2013, 3:11 PM

childish mentality is far from a "personal attack". Sorry if that makes you upset, but read no further than your continued, completely senseless and juvenile responses in this thread for that. Seriously, can you help yourself?

My opinion of your quirky, imaginary life on this board is irrelevant to the 5 straight and likewise the perfectly significant facts Tim has been citing. Those facts aren't meant to make you feel better about USuC. The facts are true and relevant and stand alone regardless of your hurt feelings.

Speaking of hurt feelings, I'm sorry you're upset about losing ground on your unsupported, "saturating", "misdirects", and "overplayed" stance, but really, what's up with the strange and meaningless tangential comments on points or whatever? Again, the question of the day is, how old are you??

On a similar serious note, how many people do you imagine are sitting in that room with you? I noticed you like to use words like "we're" and whatnot. Strange.

^^^Makes Crump proud.....***

Dec 23, 2013, 3:17 PM

null

Nothing there to offend anyone...

Dec 23, 2013, 3:24 PM

..unless the facts offend you? That is admirable of you though to jump in to his defense though. Soon "gwp" and "bob" will be here to help too I guess? Is that who he imagines is standing in the room with him?

Seriously though, what have I said that was incorrect? If you disagree about by my comments on Tim's facts, then please try to be adult about it. If you don't like me calling his responses juvenile etc, then I think you're being equally silly. No big deal, I just think he's mad he had no real response. I think it's pretty obvious he's letting his butthurtedness affect his responses.

I bet you're the life of the party....***

Dec 23, 2013, 3:32 PM

null

Well

Dec 23, 2013, 3:37 PM

at least I go to real parties. Unlike some fellas, I do have a fulfilling life outside of this message board. That's not directed at you and not really the point...Again, I didn't do a darn thing. This nonsense was wholly initiated by your bud. Please take it up with him.

Wait, you create SCOKS to give yourself points, but HE'S

Dec 23, 2013, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Aptly describing your ]

juvenile?

Uh oh, here comes bob

Dec 23, 2013, 3:32 PM

LOL.

He got mad because he was losing a valid debate. His written responses became obviously juvenile.
His imaginary world of "scoks" or whatever is extremely strange and juvenile. I'm cool with that, if he's just a kid, but I think he may actually a grown man, no?

Anyone have GWPs phone number? Send him a tmail, that may be quicker.

Can't argue with that...you're defnitely a

Dec 23, 2013, 3:42 PM

master debater.

you're right stanley, i'm young relative to the many years

Dec 23, 2013, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Aptly describing your ]

represented by your multiplicity of users.

how sad can your existence be? how pitiful do you feel managing multiple log ins in hopes of some bizarre aggrandizement or bolstering of self-worth?

you don't see, because you ignore. you close your eyes, stomp your feet & bore ahead demanding someone change a subjective truth because yours can be the only one. you have to ignore stanley, because the reality for you is a bitter pill, a crack like addiction you need to scratch at every turn.

the real issue is how did i know? i knew because you can't help yourself, because persons with real issues such as yours are destined to the same failures.

it's pathetic to watch.

this is it for me, i've seen your circus act too many times to continue.

you're bozo with a scary side.

good luck in life. you really do need it, but i'm not hopeful you'll ever find it.

Wow, that was impressive, sir. Like Stanley, I thought

Dec 23, 2013, 4:06 PM

you were a moran

;)

null

What (in reality) is “pathetic to watch” is

Dec 24, 2013, 7:53 AM [ in reply to you're right stanley, i'm young relative to the many years ]

your imagination at work.

Are you familiar with the word “transference”? That’s the word that came to mind as I was reading your little story. It was obviously a story made up in the depths of your childish mind, all in an attempt, as sad as it is, to make yourself feel better about a sports debate.

You do realize this is merely a Clemson sports message board, right? And deep down you know I’m correct about your offbase, "saturating", a "misdirect", and "overplayed", nonsense, right? You obviously got angry because you lost the debate.

The fact of the matter is I was right about everything and you weren’t. As I mentioned several times, this isn’t a subjective argument. Whether or not Tim’s tidbits are relevant or not is not even being argued. You admitted they're relevant! The only thing subjective about this matter is your feelings... Your butthurt feelings and refusal to admit those facts are worthy accomplishments on a national scene and most assuredly in light of our history.

Yet, you just want to keep crying over spilled milk. That’s age question number 1.

Age question number 2 is obviously the life you’ve created for yourself here. You divert from your real life “existence”, you attempt "to bolster your self-worth”, you “don’t see, because you ignore”, you “stomp your feet & bore ahead”, and you “have to ignore because the reality for you is a bitter pill, a crack like addiction you need to scratch at every turn”.

The funny thing is you completely missed it. That is, in the middle of your meaningless, tangential rant you completely missed the fact you painted a wholly accurate picture of yourself. That, my little juvenile friend, is called transference.

You would be much better served paying attention to that. I’ll even let it go that you were wrong about “saturating", "misdirect", and "overplayed". Just work on yourself. Fair enough?

Yeah, I'm sure Tim feels that way.

Dec 19, 2013, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Interesting...Very I N T E R E S T I N G TiM. FSU & SC don't ]

..Makes tons of sense.

Sorry to interrupt your unhappiness and inability to see the forest through the tress.. Carry on.

Telling stat. Our Program is getting better. Once you

consistently beat the ones you are supposed to -- then you can set your eyes on the heights.

I don't think the heights are really as far away as many think. LSU and UGA were very close. FSU and USuC were where we loss our footing and fell back a little. But all and all Clemson is nearing the top. The program's focus is very much in play as we compete to be in the rare air of a top 10 team program every year.

Excited for the future!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FIRE DABO!***

Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Football Update: Bourret Stat on winning vs un-ranked teams

Dec 19, 2013, 9:30 AM

What a bunch of dweebs. The point is we are not blowing games we are suppose to win. Even the dumbest of ##### know we got to get over the hump on ranked teams which we have made progress on. Not there yet.

This fact doesn't fit the agenda so it shouldn't be

Dec 19, 2013, 9:44 AM

mentioned even though it is MUCH improved since Dabo took over.

Name calling as usual by Deroberts

Dec 19, 2013, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Bourret Stat on winning vs un-ranked teams ]

Grant would be proud.

Re: Name calling as usual by Deroberts

Dec 19, 2013, 11:15 AM

^^^Post has nothing to do with "being an Internet badazz"

DerpRoberts is going to accuse you of trying to be an Internet badazz anyway.

I've met that dude, in now way is he a badazz***

Dec 19, 2013, 11:44 AM

Re: I've met that dude, in now way is he a badazz***

Dec 19, 2013, 11:51 AM

I'm shocked

Always funny when people namecall in the midst of calling

Dec 19, 2013, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Name calling as usual by Deroberts ]

others out for namecalling. Neat sense of logic.

Biggest takeaway is not that we hang our hat on this stat

Dec 19, 2013, 9:40 AM

as we should not. That would be like saying, "I've driven every day to work and back without running into another car." It is something that you are supposed to do.

BUT we are stating it and Tim is saying it over and over to drive into the pundits' heads that we DON'T lose the inexplicable game. We are one of the nation's best at winning what we are supposed to. So get the Clemsoning crap out of here. And for the most part, it has ceased.

Will there be anyone on the 2014 team that knows what it

Dec 19, 2013, 10:32 AM

is like to lose to an unranked team?

Paging Jesse Palmer, Palmer step to the mic.***

Dec 19, 2013, 9:54 AM

I love the people who don't like this stat...***

Dec 19, 2013, 10:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

me too.***

Dec 19, 2013, 10:27 AM

we've arrived***

Dec 19, 2013, 10:53 AM [ in reply to I love the people who don't like this stat...*** ]

Dec 19, 2013, 11:08 AM

I could care less that we beat lesser teams-we play enough of them-the fact is, we are not very competitive against good competition.

Auburnx3, VTx2, FSUx2, SCarx1, UGA, LSU...***

Dec 19, 2013, 11:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Auburnx3, VTx2, FSUx2, SCarx1, UGA, LSU...***

Dec 19, 2013, 11:19 AM

I'm on board with not discrediting the big wins in lieu of the losses and beating down the nancies, although I admit I'm tired of this particular Bourrett stat myself.

But using your list, is that to say that we've been competitive against good teams an average of 2.5 times per year since 2010?

Is there a different way we could reflect this info? Just doesn't look very impressive in its current form when juxtaposed with the 3 or 4 blowouts losses, not to mention our luck with the rival.

Not a dig, the information just isn't compelling in its current form.

Dec 19, 2013, 11:27 AM

We were "competitive" in our losses to 2010 Auburn, 2012 FSU, and 2013 SCar.

The other two Auburns we won, obviously beat both VTs, beat FSU the other one, and won against UGA and LSU.

Only "bad" losses are 2011 WVU, 2012 SCar, and 2013 FSU.

I'm not sure how you can be tired of the Bourrett stat, that stat single handedly means "pulling a Clemson" is no longer a term. We aren't dropping games like:
2004: Virginia & Duke
2005: Wake Forest
2006: Maryland & Kentucky
2007: Georgia Tech & Boston College
2008: Maryland & Wake Forest
2009: Maryland
2010: North Carolina, Boston College, and South Florida

Dec 19, 2013, 11:48 AM

I shouldn't say I'm tired of the stat. It's great we're not dropping those games.

I guess the relatively small number of good opponents (as well as those games in which we've performed well) is what it is - a reflection of our schedule and general limitations when it comes to upping the score when it comes to good opponents.

Really wish someone else would emerge in the Atlantic so we get more opportunities to add to our resume each year. I feel like it's hard to get a rhythm and feel for the big games when you only play a few each year.

Honestly, VT won't stay down like they are and Al

Dec 19, 2013, 11:52 AM

Golden is working his magic at Miami.

Sadly I don't see GT bouncing back until Paul Johnson either leaves or drastically changes his offense (he's a good coach and is capable of it, but he's also a stubborn looks like he's always smelling #### kind of guy).

Still pretending Auburn was good, huh?***

Dec 20, 2013, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Auburnx3, VTx2, FSUx2, SCarx1, UGA, LSU...*** ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were in 2010 when we played them competively and

Dec 20, 2013, 12:09 AM

clearly their 2013 performance shows the 2012 Auburn team was an underperforming 3-9 team.

Thanks for the TD and snarky response though bud.

Message was edited by: soccerkrzy® - stupid autocorrect

AU was so bad, they went winless in the SEC last year and

Dec 20, 2013, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Still pretending Auburn was good, huh?*** ]

won it this year against Mizzou who went 2-6 last year. It's really more about the SEC conference propaganda.

It never gets old

Dec 19, 2013, 11:39 AM

Hearing people say that there were "3 big games" for Clemson this year. That tells me that there are a lot of folks following the E$ECPN closely and not understanding how hard it is to win against whomever stands on the opposite sideline. Football is a game that can turn on a dime , and winning is never "easy" . Sometimes beating GT or UVA might seem old hat but I guarantee that the staff knows better than that. Or the players they are coaching . Winning 10/11 games a year is incredibly difficult...if it were easy thete would be a lot more than 12-15 teams a year doing it.
Some folks just hate to give credit where its due.
GO TIGERS /BEAT osu

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 19, 2013, 11:45 AM

Seems to me that the response to that stat should be man that is pretty good and something I did not realize. Thanks Tim for your effort. Instead everything no matter how minute has to be dissected and gone over word for word to find something about it that just doesn't please you. I guess only the fine upstanding and very knowledgeable people who frequent this great board, all of which I am sure have strapped on a jock before, are the only ones worried or pissed off about losing to the coots. I guess it gives you pleasure to bash everything about our program. I am a glass half full kinda guy myself. Maybe some of you should try it.

Dec 19, 2013, 11:46 AM

Should have introduced yourself ths

So over the last 24 months, we have only played one more

Dec 19, 2013, 11:54 AM

unranked team than Bama?!?

I find that interesting… Bama is traditionally touted for having a "tough" schedule and they play have only played one less unranked team than us…

Thats the most interesting part of that stat to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This ^^^^^.......

Dec 19, 2013, 1:50 PM

You would think that out of 25 games or so, there would be a bigger difference. Pretty amazing since there is such an effort to rank as many SEC teams as possible throughout the season. Just shows that most of the schedules, once actually examined, are pretty similar.

I've come to the conclusion that most folks really don't understand that 10-2 is not that easy. Doesn't mean that we should be happy about the 2 losses, but the 10 wins should certainly be celebrated and not taken for granted.

I think the most important thing about this stat

Dec 19, 2013, 11:56 AM

is how few teams are on the list - only 4. It's not easy beating anybody, even unranked teams, and the fact that Clemson is one of only 4 teams to do it consistently over the past two years is a testament to the focus that the coaching staff has instilled in the team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So 121 teams in 1-A have been "clemsoning", but we haven't??

Dec 19, 2013, 12:48 PM

Amazing that some people feel the need to downplay that fact.

GREAT POINT, why doesn't ESPN the mouth for the SEC

Dec 19, 2013, 11:06 PM

pick up on that

Clemson should raise hell with ESPN and the down playing they do about Clemson

Stat on # of CU coaches to lose 5 strraight to chickens?***

Dec 19, 2013, 2:48 PM

nm

Frank Howard lost 5 straight to them (with a tie in between)

Dec 23, 2013, 4:13 PM

So that would be 2. Since he did, I guess that means he's one of Clemson's worst coaches, right? Wanna make that claim, bud?

stat on # of CU "fans"

Dec 19, 2013, 3:18 PM

Who just cannot accept that the Coots have beaten us 5 in a row? Or how about a stat on # of fairweather fans in general terms ...like how many cashed in the chips after FSU blew us out at home ?
Some men you just can't reach...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 19, 2013, 6:10 PM

Tim Bourret's job is to know and come up with every stat possible. It just so happens that it's stats to make Clemson look good. Wait a minute you mean to tell me his job is to put up stats that actually make Clemson look and sound good, hold the (d)amn horses how dare he. Some of you so called Clemson fans are something else, you forget about the 6, 7, and 8 win years not to mention the late 90's very early 2000's. You mean to tell me that the work that Dabo and company have done is soooo (d)amn good that all of a sudden we are Alabama, Florida, and Georgia like fans, come the (f)uck on. I could see if we had played our very best against the 2 teams we lost to and just wasn't good enough that you could be upset still or that the talent difference is that great but that isn't even close to the truth. (H)ell USuCk needed 6 turnovers and an offsides on a 4th and 1 just to beat us by 2 touchdowns. If the role would have been reverse I dare anyone on here to tell me it wouldn't have been another 63-17 Clemson win. If you watched the game I did then you seen Clemson run wholeshot through that Carolina defense, that throwing interceptions, dropping punts, fumbling, and jumping offsides on critical downs is a recipe for getting your (a)ss handed to you which we did not happen. If Carolina was as good as their uneducated fans make themselves out to be they wouldn't have needed all of our 7 dumb mistakes to win by only 2 touchdowns. But I am getting off topic Tim has a job to do and that is know every little thing about Clemson football then when he post stats that depict his bias toward the school he WORKS for all of a sudden he is morally wrong for doing so. This is a case of being a spoiled rotten fan base like some of the schools I mentioned above one of the things that when it is gone you wished you had that very thing back. Its all boiled down to a little word called perspective some of you need to go try and find some at Wal-Mart it will be all the way across the store from the Gamecock stuff.....

Son, you got a fire in your heart

Dec 23, 2013, 4:18 PM

Don't ever let it go out. :)

We're the most butt hurt 10-2 fans in the nation***

Dec 19, 2013, 10:34 PM

THIS

Dec 23, 2013, 4:14 PM

Sir, you get a thumbs up. You'd think we just finished an 0-12 season with the way people talk around here.

Does that mean Clemson plays more unranked teams

Dec 19, 2013, 11:04 PM

than most in the country

and beating those unranked teams means little, it should be that way

lets start beating ranked teams, and when we do lose lets stop getting beat by double digits, lets look like we competed in the game

Maybe you forget when Clemson didn't always beat the

Dec 19, 2013, 11:06 PM

unranked opponents like "it should be that way"?

Incorrect.

Dec 20, 2013, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Does that mean Clemson plays more unranked teams ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14816426

Replies: 93
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic