Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Will Vic Beasley be wearing an NFL helmet next season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Will Vic Beasley be wearing an NFL helmet next season?

Dec 16, 2013, 1:59 AM

Will Vic Beasley be wearing an NFL helmet next season?

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney had to convince Vic Beasley to give defensive end a try before the start of the 2012 season, and that decision might have turned into a first round grade for the Georgia native. Now, Beasley has a "tough" decision to make. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Will Vic Beasley be wearing an NFL helmet next season?

Dec 16, 2013, 2:37 AM

I think he stays . Go Tigers

Dec 16, 2013, 3:05 AM

He should go pro for his own good.

Tajh Boyd would have been a first round pic...a second round pick at worst if he went pro after lighting up LSU last year.

Beasley's game also translates nicely into pro game.

He is an outstanding player.

Also, there is that whole injury thing/risk

Dec 16, 2013, 8:14 AM

One game doesn't effect your draft status that much.... The NFL combine and workout would have dropped him out of the the first three rounds.......

Dec 16, 2013, 7:12 AM

Pretty sweet move by Dabo. I guess the haters will still hate, but a great example of great coaching in putting the right guy in the right spot. Great for the team and great for the player.

Re: Front Page Story: Will Vic Beasley be wearing an NFL helmet next season? ***

Dec 16, 2013, 7:32 AM

Re: Front Page Story: Will Vic Beasley be wearing an NFL helmet next season? ***

Dec 16, 2013, 7:33 AM

Going pro?

Dec 16, 2013, 7:34 AM

Whoa is he ever gone!
Looks like we're going to lose 3 key players.

Dec 16, 2013, 7:59 AM

Did he ever have any carries as rb? I cant remember that he did but I'd love to have seen it.

I thought a few weeks ago he said he was gone. Glad he is considering staying. I think he could have a monster year in 14 and help his draft position

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No chance Beasley comes back next year

Dec 16, 2013, 8:28 AM

I have yet to see one scout that doesn't have him in the first round. His sack totals have tail off a bit as season progressed because more teams were starting to game plan for him. It also didn't help that the last 3 games featured 2 option teams. Kinda tough to get sacks when you have to play a lot of assignment football. With DEs though you have to look at both sacks and tackles for loss as a combined stat. He's among the nations leaders in those combined as well.

With a solid 1st round grade as I expect, he'd be a fool to come back.

Dec 16, 2013, 8:33 AM

I thought vic already said he's gone... what's the confusion about?

I think the question is aimed at predicting his rating

Dec 16, 2013, 8:41 AM

I don't think anyone doubts he goes if he gets a 1st round rating. Even the coaches will admit that.

Mock drafts are like....well, like postings on this board. You rarely find unanimous agreement and you often get a whole lot of differences. But the mock drafts I've read - maybe 4 or so - all put Beasley at #1, #2, or #3 for his position. I think he is likely a look for a 1st round rating.

Re: I think the question is aimed at predicting his rating

Dec 16, 2013, 9:37 AM

that is an issue. there is no correlation between your rating and where you actually go. it isnt like a rating of first round is a promise of that. what they say and how they draft can be different depending on who is available and how people do in Indy

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right. It's not a contract. But what other measure does

Dec 16, 2013, 4:30 PM

a player have to determine their comparative value in the draft? If you don't come out strong - however you define that - then you have a decent indicator about how competitive you will be during the draft. Someone like Spiller used it wisely. We'll see how Beasley and Bryant use it. Sammy going is a done deal in my opinion.

Wait what?

Dec 16, 2013, 9:18 AM

I thought Dabo was just a figure head that didnt actually know anything about football and just functions as a cheerleader? This article implies that Dabo actually saw a players potential for a position he had never played, implemented a plan to move him to that position, and in 2 years turned him into arguably the number 1 player in the country in that position. I must be reading something wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

he should go and get paid. Good for him. Go Tigers. #reload***

Dec 16, 2013, 10:15 AM

would definitely be a tough choice, especially if he really

Dec 16, 2013, 11:39 AM

makes 1st round.

but he also has to think about the long term & how much one more year of training, weights & experience would do for him...& IT'S FREE TOO!

the coaches here care about him.

many guys have gone to the NFL both ready & prematurely & failed miserably or gotten injured & it hurt them big-time!
he could bulk up some more & be unstoppable, & learning the position a little more wouldn't ever hurt.

i'd be more worried about him going & getting injured & sitting out in the pros, then in college...look at how many of our guys that's happened to & they are all just ucky to be great atheletes & to heal well & that many of their injuries weren't more serious, but it still hurt their production...surely that affects your mony too.

D.Allen, Spiller Nuk, & Andre Ellington have all had minor to major issues slowing them down...& those guys were in-arguably more experienced & seasoned or mature, maybe even better athletes...

it'd be great if he comes back & i'd love it...him & Grady Jarret back to wreak havoc on offenses & QBs???!!! Awesome! what a duo...

but in the end money usually talks.

Go Tigers!!!

He's not that big...

Dec 16, 2013, 1:18 PM

Going to have to put on more lbs to play in NFL

LB in a 3-4.....***

Dec 16, 2013, 1:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2013, 1:46 PM

Beasley really seems like a good kid with a good support team around him. He'll make the right decision. For right now, just think about planting Braxton Miller.

If he's projected as a 1st rounder he should go...

Dec 16, 2013, 2:14 PM

We'll have a bit of a drop off at DE, but between Lawson, Crawford, and Og we should be good.

Re: If he's projected as a 1st rounder he should go...

Dec 16, 2013, 5:02 PM

Sounds like he is gone. I wouldn't blame him. But an extra year to bulk up would only help him compete at the next level.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic