Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Moore likes what he sees in Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,512

Front Page Story: Moore likes what he sees in Clemson

Dec 14, 2013, 8:45 AM

Moore likes what he sees in Clemson

Delontae Moore, a 2016 wide receiver prospect, has now visited Clemson five times, What impresses him the most? What stands out to him about the university? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The recruiting process/business....

Dec 14, 2013, 10:35 AM

T-Net is reporting on a HS Soph (I know it's not the first time). However, when I put in the perspective that my daughter is HS Soph and I know she's just a kid, I begin to worry that recruiting may be out of hand. Even if Moore is 6'-3" and runs sub 4.4 40, he is still just a kid. He has two more seasons and two more years of HS. A lot can happen.

May be there needs to be a restriction on discussing recruits until they finish the Jr season.

PS: I'm not too happy with Dabo if he's telling Watson that he's the face of Clemson's FB future. That's a lot of pressure to put on a kid and not very fair to Stoudt or Kelly.

Agreed. It's gotten ridiculous.***

Dec 14, 2013, 11:48 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The recruiting process/business....

Dec 14, 2013, 6:25 PM [ in reply to The recruiting process/business.... ]

I can see the negatives, but there are some positives as well. Having these recruits offered early and contacted by big time coaches puts another mentor in their ear about doing the rights and staying of trouble in High school and doing what it takes to get eligible. A lot of these prospects can really use some good voices in their lives.

Also, Telling a QB who is going to a leader of the team one day to get his mind right and be ready to represent well is not a bad pressure. Its what leaders use as fuel to grow. likely this is a lesson from what Jamies is going through. Don't just wait until you are the starter to grow up. All those other things can come back and haunt you.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

I'm pretty sure Dabo said something very close to Boyd.

Dec 14, 2013, 6:28 PM [ in reply to The recruiting process/business.... ]

I don't see it as being a big deal. It's not like he made a guarantee. Watson still has to earn it just like Stoudt and Kelly will need to earn any chance they get.

Will be the face when he plays

Dec 14, 2013, 10:39 AM

And is the face as soon as he steps on campus are two very different promises. But if you want the best you have to do this. LSU offered an 8th grader. Pretty sure most of these kids hit puberty when they were ten so their bodies are men even if their heads aren't.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,512
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic