Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Watson: "He's Gonna Put Me as the Face of the Program"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Watson: "He's Gonna Put Me as the Face of the Program"

Dec 11, 2013, 2:20 PM

Watson: "He's Gonna Put Me as the Face of the Program"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Kelly aunt gunna like this***

Dec 11, 2013, 2:21 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

well I remember Chad talkin' a lot of smack before he got

Dec 12, 2013, 6:25 AM

here, it is a result of all the hype and hoopla that big time recruits get. I don not doubt that this is true though----all in good time.

Hope he is up to the task***

Dec 11, 2013, 2:22 PM

LOL here we go

Dec 11, 2013, 2:38 PM

Gonna be fun

Give'm hell son. May the best man win***

Dec 11, 2013, 3:31 PM

nm

Rankings?

Dec 11, 2013, 6:54 PM

How in the hello, does ESPN have him as 15th overall player and 24/7 has him at 125th. That's mind boggling! COME ON MANNNN!!!

Isn't 24/7 run by JC Shurbutt? The Coot.***

Dec 11, 2013, 9:42 PM

Isn't 24/7 run by JC Shurbutt? The Coot.***

Dec 11, 2013, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Rankings? ]

Way to go Dabo. Still waiting for you to grow up, smh

Dec 11, 2013, 8:23 PM

This is unprofessional conduct from ANY coach at any level. It is flat out WRONG to put an incoming unknown and unproven player on a pedestal like that. Why? BECAUSE YOU DO SO AT THE EXPENSE OF EVERY UPCOMING QB ON THE ROSTER. A statement like that, if true, alienates the QB's, diminishes their status, and communicates that the coach has "less" confidence in them.

The correct statement should have been prefaced with, "When it's your time, I will make you the face of the program".

I may be overreacting but, taking this statement at face value, I don't think so.

Re: Way to go Dabo. Still waiting for you to grow up, smh

Dec 11, 2013, 8:36 PM

There's recruiting and when he gets on campus,
there's de-recruiting.

Learn the difference.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Way to go Dabo. Still waiting for you to grow up, smh

Dec 11, 2013, 9:10 PM

What I "learned" today about how our coach obviously feels publicly about his rostered quarterbacks is plenty, but thanks.

Hopefully Dabo could care less what posters on TN think.***

Dec 11, 2013, 9:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You never know, Dabo could've said 'when it's [his] time'

Dec 11, 2013, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Way to go Dabo. Still waiting for you to grow up, smh ]

but got lost in translation. He could've been paraphrasing. Stoudt and Kelly should be aware of the talent that is coming. It would be asinine for them to wish away such talent and hope they do not come to >>their<< program. Hopefully it will push them further, and make them show DAbo and company, fanbase, and the whole country why they should be the starting QB.

Better than promising him the first touch in a game***

Dec 12, 2013, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Way to go Dabo. Still waiting for you to grow up, smh ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.... you're overreacting.....***

Dec 12, 2013, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Way to go Dabo. Still waiting for you to grow up, smh ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah idk what to make of it

Dec 11, 2013, 8:46 PM

So I won't. I do know that Dabo is good a selling where a recruit will be at the end of his tenure. He promised a Heisman for Tajh. He didn't get it but it was certainly his for the taking. Maybe this statement is something along those lines. If you reach your potential and hold up your end of the deal one day you will be the face of this program.

Re: Yeah idk what to make of it

Dec 12, 2013, 12:52 PM

The worst thing you would want the players that you already have thinking is, oh I got this job easily. The guy coming in behind me could never beat me out. I want my next guy up believing, if I don't give it every last bit I have to give, this other guy will TAKE my job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is a great recruiter

Dec 11, 2013, 9:51 PM

You have to do whatever it takes to make the sale. He isn't lying to Watson. Said the same to Boyd and he could have won a NC and a heisman, it was there for the taking.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kelly getting a taste of his own medicine...

Dec 11, 2013, 11:24 PM

He mouthed off like that to Stoudt when he was still in HS.

My guess is Kelly doesn't let it bother him. Let them figure it out on the practice fields.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

video link

Dec 15, 2013, 4:29 PM

Get ready Tiger nation!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu6gXQia9ls

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic