Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Out of Options
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Out of Options

Nov 14, 2013, 11:10 PM

Out of Options

Clemson's defense held Georgia Tech's flexbone offense in check for much of the night, tallying 10 tackles for loss, and Clemson's offense scored quickly and often in routing Georgia Tech 55-31 Thursday night in Death Valley. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Out of Options

Nov 14, 2013, 11:16 PM

Best examples I have seen of playing "assignment"
football by a Clemson defense in a long,long time.
Talk about losing Chad.
I hope we can hang on to Brent for a long time.

agreed

Nov 14, 2013, 11:22 PM

most discipline we've had against an option or primarily running offense since the early '90's. BV is a workhorse who is the man for the long haul if we keep recruiting physical, disciplined defensive players. You don't always need 5 stars on that side of the ball. If that's what you're always looking for, you'll get Clowney's who'll underachieve. What you need is Jarrett's, Reader's, Shuey's, Kearse's who are instinctive, smart football players. The only thing we're lacking is true ballhawking secondary players who have ball instincts. Once we start creating turnovers more often we'll have nasty D because the fundamentals are starting to show. The chunk plays still hurt us but we recover now instead of becoming undisciplined like we have had in the recent past.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: agreed

Nov 14, 2013, 11:27 PM

Very good assessment. Got to know BV a bit last summer thru grands playing baseball with his son. Really a great Dad and is a lot more laid back than you'd think by seeing him on the field being held back by KA.

talk about a guy with passion who wakes up every AM

Nov 14, 2013, 11:34 PM

and drinks a glass of give a ####.....BV is a hell of a DC. AD needs to lock him down for a looooong time.

Couple fixes...

Nov 14, 2013, 11:25 PM

I think it was Rodriguez who jumped offsides... Boulware had been ejected for that targeting call

Re: Couple fixes...

Nov 14, 2013, 11:28 PM

With 2 on the clock, why were we doing anything but watching for the fake and blocking?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Daniel Rodriquez

Nov 14, 2013, 11:27 PM

was off sides not Ben Boulware who had been ejected at that point. On that subject, what a bs call. Runner was not helpless and he lead with his shoulder. Runner was also trying for more yards. Great hit Ben

complete trash call against Boulware

Nov 14, 2013, 11:31 PM

garbage, and i'm all for the safety rules in place. That was a trash call....Boulware noticably turned his shoulder into that guy and what that tackle was is called physical, attacking special teams football. Garbage.

I'm not much a fan of the new rules

Nov 14, 2013, 11:33 PM

But that was textbook targeting.

I don't think he meant to do it, but he left his feet,helmet first, and hit the ball carrier with the crown of his helmet right on the ball carrier's helmet.

I do believe he was trying to put a shoulder into him, but he missed, and it was an easy (and correct) call at that point

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we'll have to agree to disagree. Left his feet, yes

Nov 14, 2013, 11:36 PM

and if that's the issue, i'll buy the flag. He got that kid with about 90 percent shoulder with his helmet glancing across him unless my eyes are bad which is possible at my age.

That's cool

Nov 14, 2013, 11:38 PM

Looked like he got full contact with the helmet to me, and I'm guessing that's exactly the way the refs saw it in order to throw the flag.

I'm not a big fan of the new emphasis, but players are gonna have to learn to adjust. Yet, even then normal football plays will be flagged no matter what the intent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's cool

Nov 15, 2013, 8:27 AM

Yes. Many reviews uphold the call but nix the suspension. Not so here.

Re: we'll have to agree to disagree. Left his feet, yes

Nov 15, 2013, 8:25 AM [ in reply to we'll have to agree to disagree. Left his feet, yes ]

If you miss the target, it's still targeting.... He deserved it.

Re: complete trash call against Boulware

Nov 15, 2013, 6:22 AM [ in reply to complete trash call against Boulware ]

As much as I have to agree with you that he turned his shoulder,he started out leading with his helmet which is a no-no.
Targeting is a judgement call, but you have to protect the player(s).

Aggressive play.

Nov 14, 2013, 11:31 PM [ in reply to Daniel Rodriquez ]

Can't fault a guy for trying to make a play. Shoulder and helmet made contact at same time while runner showing effort.
D-Rod just mistimed his rush.

I'm kind of tired of the D giving up late scores

Nov 14, 2013, 4:38 PM

in blowout games. I imagine that BV is also. I know he was POed after the Maryland game. Don't know if they lose focus or what, but missed tackles, missed assignments, etc., lead to unnecessary scores given up.

That was NOT a 55-31 game. The defense played much better than the 31 given up showed. In fact, they played great! That is just one thing that I wish the defense would show improvement on, giving up the late scores.

Re: I'm kind of tired of the D giving up late scores

Nov 15, 2013, 6:23 AM

I too don't like late scores,but given the way our "D"
dominated tonite,I can live with it.

Nov 15, 2013, 7:35 AM [ in reply to I'm kind of tired of the D giving up late scores ]

just got to find something to ##### about huh. of course no one likes it but the young guys practice also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2013, 9:32 AM

so their first string offense drove against our defensive subs. So what? That's how you develope defensive depth, let the scrubs get game experience. When they did that, we had just doubled the score + against the bees.

Nov 15, 2013, 10:41 AM

it was NOT their first string OFF!! they had pulled Lee and some O/L.. regulars for us that I saw included 90,42,17,27,50,48,9,8 and 26 on the field when they scored last T/D!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GT's last TD was right in front of me and,

Nov 16, 2013, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm kind of tired of the D giving up late scores ]

there were a lot of Clemson's defensive starters still on the field. I didn't check off every name, but it was enough that we should have been able to stop GT's second string QB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GT's last TD was right in front of me and,

Nov 16, 2013, 9:01 AM

agree!! that WAS PITIFUL!! simply no reason for their las TWO T/b`s

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2013, 1:04 PM [ in reply to I'm kind of tired of the D giving up late scores ]

I agree. It has been a troubling pattern.

Real athletes should be able to pull up in a case like that

Nov 15, 2013, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Daniel Rodriquez ]

and shake the opponents hand like a gentlemen regardless of how fast they are coming at each other. No excuses!

Awesome

Nov 14, 2013, 11:53 PM

Great all around effort . Jarrett is a monster. Man I love being a Tiger!

Wow! Great all round effort! Best option-D since PJ arrived.***

Nov 15, 2013, 1:42 AM

It was much colder than 50 degrees...***

Nov 15, 2013, 11:34 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic