Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Can sack master Beasley and Clemson defense stop the Tech option attack?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Can sack master Beasley and Clemson defense stop the Tech option attack?

Nov 7, 2013, 3:12 PM

Can sack master Beasley and Clemson defense stop the Tech option attack?

Clemson has faced its share of pro style and spread offenses during the first nine games, but now faces a two-game stretch against the spread-option and flexbone attacks of Georgia Tech and The Citadel. What does Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney say about stopping the option? What does Vic Beasley say about how his game has to change? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Can sack master Beasley and Clemson defense stop the Tech option attack?

Nov 7, 2013, 4:22 PM

There's nothing too hard to stop this offense. Assigned a guy to the dive back, the quarterback and the trailing tailback and put them all on the ground every play. Have your corners play their positions and don't commit too early and that will stop the passes. Good linebacker play will stop this offense cold.

Re: Front Page Story: Can sack master Beasley and Clemson defense stop the Tech option attack?

Nov 7, 2013, 4:38 PM

the QB should be picking himself up off the ground after every play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2013, 8:53 PM

You are right. It's assingment defense. Also, Vic Beasley hasn't fared well against top teams. FSU shut himn out, and even lowly UVA handled him, basically one on one. No way is he ready for the NFL. He needs to get a lot bigger and stronger. He needs to weigh at least 255. Otherwise, NFL tackles will eat him alive.

Can Clemson's Defense Stop GT's Option Attack?

Nov 7, 2013, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Can sack master Beasley and Clemson defense stop the Tech option attack? ]

I'll put it to you this way...........

THEY BETTER STOP THAT GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Can Clemson's Defense Stop GT's Option Attack?

Nov 7, 2013, 9:03 PM

If it's garbage, then why are we so worried about it? Do you really that that Saban and Alabama would have a problem with Ga. Tech? Uh-huh. And their quarterback can throw. This game scares me. And Carolina, that's the equivalent of "Fright Night." I've seen this team literally disintegrate twice in the last couple of years.
It has hurt and, yeah, I've lost a lot of faith.

Easier said than done-they do have big, fast blockers***

Nov 7, 2013, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Can sack master Beasley and Clemson defense stop the Tech option attack? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know, but we'll find out in about 3 hours

Nov 7, 2013, 4:33 PM

I'm sure if we played them 10 times we could beat them 5.

3 hours???

Nov 7, 2013, 4:38 PM

You mean 7 days AND 3 hours. I hope.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Date changed for TV.

Nov 7, 2013, 5:26 PM

WHere have you been?

That's right....

Nov 7, 2013, 6:18 PM

Nobody wants to watch Oregon/Stanford or Baylor/Oklahoma.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll be on the Ocho right?

Nov 7, 2013, 6:19 PM

I hope a local bar has it....

Re: I don't know, but we'll find out in about 3 hours

Nov 7, 2013, 9:23 PM [ in reply to I don't know, but we'll find out in about 3 hours ]

What BS. That's Dabo talk. He should have kept his mouth shut and accepted a humiliating defeat. I can already hear the beginning drumbeat preparing us for losing to Carolina again. Well, we are 10 and 2. That's a "great season." Who can complain about that? BS. It will be a mediocre season, with yet again a huge cloud hanging over it. Oh dear, we beat UGA. That was a good win, but let's face it, their defense has been totally exposed. I'm hopeful, but fear that their defensive line will stuff our powderpuff OL back into our backfield. And they have perhaps the best running
back in the SEC, possibly the nation. Having said all this, I do believe we have achance of upsetting them.

It's only on PS4 & Hulu...

Nov 7, 2013, 6:27 PM

Radio Shack was all out :(

Screw Tech

Nov 8, 2013, 9:03 AM

Our d is much improved. The front 7 can stop this " vaunted offense" that lost to Byu and Va Tech. If not they can't beat us in a track meet. And screw the coots too. We got this.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic