Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: 2015 QB Battle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: 2015 QB Battle

Nov 5, 2013, 9:20 AM

2015 QB Battle

2015 QB Battle
Since this weekend is an open date for the Tigers, I decided to touch on a subject that came to the front of my mind Saturday evening.

Who will be Tajh Boyd

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: 2015 QB Battle

Nov 5, 2013, 9:56 AM

Having those 3 battle for the starting job is a good problem to have!

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: 2015 QB Battle- what about 2014?

Nov 5, 2013, 10:30 AM

well you see when you open it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: 2015 QB Battle- what about 2014?

Nov 5, 2013, 10:45 AM

As you said Mick, all three have certain skills that will help them be a good QB. I'm thinking Kelly wins out. But an 80% completion rate, ala Stoudt, ain't too shabby. I love the way he goes through his progressions and uses his checkdowns when he needs to. He does not stay on one receiver as Tajh seems to do at times. Very good at moving the chains. However, I saw Watson on TV Friday night and he just blew me away! Gun for an arm and explosive type running ability. Just flicks the ball and it takes off. What a battle it should be.

If Stoudt or Kelly wins the battle, they may not keep the position for long with the stuff that Watson has coming in. The fact that he comes in in January will help him.

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: 2015 QB Battle

Nov 5, 2013, 10:56 AM

I think Kelly will get the nod if we still have Morris because of his ability to run and his head start over Watson in understanding the playbook. Although I wouldn't be upset if we went to a more passing style offense with less running from the QB as it seems too predictable against quality opposition.

Hopefully we can convince Watson to soak up everything like Winston did at FSU and come out like gangbusters the following year.

I really hope we get to redshirt Watson as that should set

Nov 5, 2013, 12:11 PM

Clemson up for a few years at QB

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree on most everything, except why strong RBs benefit

Nov 5, 2013, 4:32 PM

Kelly. I think strong runners actually benefit Stoudt so he isn't pressured as much to run. He looks like he couldn't take a beating anywhere close to what Boyd has or Kelly might. And most of the running I've seen Stoudt do is to wide open field and not into a crowd.

If Kelly wins out for the starter next year, that might be the best situation where he plays QB and leads the team for a year and then shifts to another role when Watson is ready the following year. He could beef up a little and perhaps be a halfback/fullback kind of player that could also throw the ball in gadget plays. Or trick plays. Or whatever term you like.

I'm sorry...But you're an IDIOT if you think Kelly is EVER

Nov 5, 2013, 4:43 PM

going to play HB/FB...EVER...Even suggesting it was absolutely asinine... Sorry again...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kelly's mechanics just seem flawed

Nov 5, 2013, 8:10 PM

exaggerated delivery which looks forced, kinda disappointed in what i saw of him throwing... but man did he put on the burners on that TD run

Go straight to Watson or redshirt Watson and hand the keys

Nov 5, 2013, 8:15 PM

to Stoudt for a season. I really don't have much confidence in Kelly. Not sure what it is about him, but just feel like it would be a major step back.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic