Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Virginia Review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Virginia Review

Nov 4, 2013, 9:15 AM

Virginia Review

Virginia Review
If Clemson goes on to have a great end of the season this year I think we may look back to a four-series sequence late in the first half and early in the second half as a key catalyst.

Clemson was up by only seven points after struggling four consecutive drives.  The Ti

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Virginia Review

Nov 4, 2013, 9:30 AM

I really think Williams and Hopper will be very nice w/r's for us as time goes on. very solid for young guys

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2013, 10:39 AM

I still like the way Leggett plays, too, most of the time. His admission of laziness is a step in the right direction of changing. Remember Dwayne Allen had trouble early in his career, too, and look at the player he became. We have some pretty good talent for the future. I just hope our OL gets better. That is our biggest issue more times than not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2013, 1:25 PM

I agree with DugaTiger regarding the OL. Even though we put up fitty nine on the Wahoos, there were times when the OL could not get any movement against Virginia's DL. And that DL was not very good.

There were four three and outs consecutively before Kearse's pick where the OL was just terrible. Thank goodness that pick got us started.

It just continues to boggle my addled mind why this OL, that lost only DF from last year, has struggled so much this year. I hope that one of these years, before I leave this sphere, we will have some OLs like we had in the 80s. You know, with some guys like the Bostics. Some guys that would just kick your a** and make you like it.

I think we have the right OL coach to have a line like that, now we need some players with that type of attitude!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not like the O line with DF was any good either...They

Nov 4, 2013, 6:08 PM

got manhandled too. OL will suck until it is made a priority.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not like the O line with DF was any good either...They

Nov 4, 2013, 8:10 PM

His OL's were stellar compared to what we now and have had for a long, long time. It needs to become priority # 1!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The DF in my post was Dalton Freeman...Try to keep

Nov 5, 2013, 4:36 PM

up if you're going to reply...Just a thought.

No mention of recruiting stars in this review. Guess you

Nov 4, 2013, 6:05 PM

only trot that out during Excuse Time(after a loss). Could have saved yourself some work and just said UVa has a bunch of 3 stars while we play with mostly 4 stars...Simple as that.

Both Clemson and UVA play "with a bunch of 3-stars"

Nov 4, 2013, 6:48 PM

Virginia actually recruits pretty well ... if you go by star ratings. Not great, but not terrible either. Not really that far behind us overall. The vast majority of players on both teams were 3-stars.

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2013/10/30/5045796/2013-clemson-virginia-depth-chart-analysis

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry you missed the point***

Nov 5, 2013, 4:37 PM

The point I get is that you don't like MP. Fair enough.

Nov 7, 2013, 10:51 AM

You feel that he uses certain statistics to support an argument in some instances and ignores them in others.

That was your point in this particular case, but mainly the point is that you just don't like MP and this was another chance to express yourself in that regard.

So, yes. I do get your point.

As to my point ... FSU does in fact play mainly with 4-star players and above. However, Clemson does not. When we play FSU and LSU and UGA, we are still at a fairly significant recruiting disadvantage throughout most of the line-up. But, when we play UVA star-wise, we're fairly equal although we generally have the advantage.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic