Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Williams headed to Clemson to make an impact
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Williams headed to Clemson to make an impact

Nov 1, 2013, 5:09 PM

Williams headed to Clemson to make an impact

Jalen Williams doesn't want to come to Clemson to stand idly on the sidelines and watch his teammates play, or just run down the hill. The 2014 Clemson linebacker commit is headed to Clemson to make an impact. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T-net playing games with the name Williams...

Nov 1, 2013, 5:11 PM

Thinking it was Andrew. But this is awesome news. I've heard this guy looked better than McMillan at camp...

Impact Huh? ----

Nov 1, 2013, 5:26 PM

Hmmmmmm......can he play fullback for short
yardage scenarios?

I really trust our coaches but

Nov 1, 2013, 5:35 PM

I hope we don't put too much emphasis on "practice warriors" rather than putting the most talent on the field come gameday

Re: I really trust our coaches but

Nov 1, 2013, 5:41 PM

Just because he isn't a 4 or 5 star doesn't mean he isn't talented. Look at Keith Adams or Leroy Hill, or even Sensabaugh. Give me this guy any day. I want more toughness and someone out to prove something.

He needs to beef up.

Nov 1, 2013, 6:13 PM

5'11" 200 lbs is too small to have any staying power in this league.

Stay tuned.***

Nov 1, 2013, 7:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your a #######

Nov 1, 2013, 8:00 PM [ in reply to He needs to beef up. ]

Look at his pick. This dude is thick. He is about 5-9 and 225 lbs. Think Keith Adams.

He is 6'0 215***

Nov 1, 2013, 10:07 PM [ in reply to He needs to beef up. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too much emphasis on size. Either he can play, or not.***

Nov 2, 2013, 8:46 AM [ in reply to He needs to beef up. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He needs to beef up.

Nov 2, 2013, 10:11 AM [ in reply to He needs to beef up. ]

The LB that got drafted by Miami Dolphins, Zack Thomas, what you think he weighed out of HS. I bet he wasn't over 200 lbs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We already have enough practice loafers.

Nov 1, 2013, 7:19 PM [ in reply to I really trust our coaches but ]

You play how you practice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 1, 2013, 10:02 PM [ in reply to I really trust our coaches but ]

You probably said that about Shuey and Grady Jarett too huh? Both 2 star players. I think Venables has proven he takes average looking LB's and makes them house hold names

Nov 2, 2013, 8:34 AM

Grady Jarrett was a Coach Brooks offer for the same reason that Williams received his, Grady won every one on one battle in camp against 4 and 5 star players....
The coached not only get to see how a player practices they also get to see how they respond to coaching. Can they change bad habits after one coaching session, or do they continue to do the same thing. At the very least they find players that respond to their coaching style... a big plus.

Nov 2, 2013, 10:03 AM [ in reply to I really trust our coaches but ]

Look to the NFL for the guys that never got a big time school offer. I think that you will be shocked at how many the big schools missed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

levon kirkland says hi .

Nov 2, 2013, 11:59 AM [ in reply to I really trust our coaches but ]

we were the only d-1 school to recruit him, if i remember correctly, which i think i am.

Ohhhh, you saw him in a drill....

Nov 1, 2013, 6:16 PM

We all know Dabo loves a practice All-Star.

Just is a cause for concern

Nov 1, 2013, 6:21 PM

Those 4 and 5 stars have probably gone round the country and performed in countless drills. I don't know this guy but if this was one of the few D-1 schools camps he went to it would be understandable that he would outclass the others in the effort area. Hope Dabo isn't the type to take the 76ers because they beat the Miami Heat in the second game of the regular season.

Re: Just is a cause for concern

Nov 1, 2013, 6:29 PM

yeah you guys could be right....you need to tell him, he has no rating and will spend his career on the scout team...just like Keith Adams and Rob Bodine....this guy is competing against guys who got the crap beat out of them by FSU the other week so give him a chance...our 4 star whizz bangs did not look so good on defense against the Seminoles....this guy can help us

Ben Boulware says hi.***

Nov 1, 2013, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Just is a cause for concern ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

sounds familiar

Nov 1, 2013, 6:28 PM

Keith Adams, Bubba Brown, Randy Scott, Leroy Hill, and John Leake were all this size or smaller when they signed. If this kid gets bigger, good. If he doesn't, put his ### at SS and let him blast heads off. If his fire matches his words, we could use him. The best Tiger player at any position i've ever seen play for us was THE JUDGE, Jeff Davis, and he was light in the pants too and was lightly recruited. This is the kind of kid that, if he doesn't lose focus, ends up a team leader, unlike some of the 4 and 5 stars we've had that have never been leaders in the locker room.

^this^***

Nov 1, 2013, 7:27 PM

Welcome to Clemson, Jalen !***

Nov 1, 2013, 6:39 PM

Love this guys attitude. Go get 'em Tiger! Bring it on!

Nov 1, 2013, 8:31 PM

Keth Adams was "undersized" but he was a beast.

Re: Front Page Story: Williams headed to Clemson to make an impact

Nov 2, 2013, 6:09 AM

I didnt know there were so many on here that actually work at Clemson and help evaluate players for the coaching staff. Dabo better get on here now to see what you guys think.

Re: Front Page Story: Williams headed to Clemson to make an impact

Nov 2, 2013, 10:37 AM

LMAO!!! Are you not surprised that T-Netters have never been voted coaches of the year;)

Yea, but don't forget the big checks they are taking to

Nov 2, 2013, 12:22 PM

the bank each month.

News flash: T-Net hits its a-hole limit.....

Nov 2, 2013, 7:46 AM

Seriously; when you guys get on here and deride a recruit vetted by at least 2 Nationally known coaches, and you deride the young man for bringing intensity to his opportunity to gain meaningful coaching in a camp, AND you deride the coaches for encouraging and responding to positive work ethic,

then YOU are simply PATHETIC.

There are so many things wrong with these negative comments, and on so many levels, that YOU seriously need to consider hiring professional counseling to begin to work out YOUR issues.

I agree completely

Nov 2, 2013, 8:19 AM

T-net has continued it's progression from being positive to negative to pain stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pain stupid = so stupid it makes the rest of us hurt.***

Nov 2, 2013, 8:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pathetic is not the word you are looking for, I beleive that

Nov 3, 2013, 9:36 PM [ in reply to News flash: T-Net hits its a-hole limit..... ]

word would be COOT.!!

My daughters best friend

Nov 2, 2013, 9:23 AM

Is in this kids homeroom. He has great attitude , he is polite and very well respected among his peers. Another thing she says is that he holds doors for other students and greets everyone with a smile.
Personally , if we get this kind of player who seeks to improve as a player and is already an outstanding kid I say welcome aboard !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Super! Sounds like a good fit for Clemson!***

Nov 2, 2013, 11:55 AM

This kid will be a demon on defense. Tough, tough, tough.***

Nov 2, 2013, 12:25 PM [ in reply to My daughters best friend ]

Our defense is missing that one guy

Nov 2, 2013, 1:16 PM

who just flat out plays violently. A " head hunter," so to speak. If that's who he is, I'm all for it. Then all we would need is one or two more of them for the OL. We need a few who have violent streak in them

Shuey doesn't fit that description?!?***

Nov 4, 2013, 3:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Don't know that Shuey is the top choice for head hunter

Nov 4, 2013, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Our defense is missing that one guy ]

But Beasley and Jarrett are close, too.

We will see if Ogundeko meets that description soon.

I hope he doesnt hang his head when/if he gets redshirted

Nov 2, 2013, 5:29 PM

at 5'11 200 lbs for an inside backer, he's awefully small. Maybe he can avoid the RS by being a special teams star.

He'll be behind a lot of guys, Anthony, Boulware, Goodson, etc.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic