Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Dabo hoping ball security virus has run its course
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Dabo hoping ball security virus has run its course

Oct 29, 2013, 12:13 PM

Dabo hoping ball security virus has run its course

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said that ball security is contagious, and right now its not in a good way as the offense has battled the turnover bug in recent weeks. What does he say about how the Tigers practice? What does he say about Virginia? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Dabo hoping ball security virus has run its course

Oct 29, 2013, 12:17 PM

All this time, I thought ball security was about mental focus and runner strength/technique.

Now I get it ---- it's an ailment that's transcended our ball club. It'll just work itself out naturally.

You missed on that translation

Oct 29, 2013, 12:25 PM

What he is trying to explain is that the team works on ball security every practice for the entire season. They were working on it at the start of the year when we weren't turning the ball over at all, and they are working the exact same way now. Maybe relate it to a baseball team who hits well for 10 games and then goes into a slump. They haven't all of a sudden stopped practicing or started doing things incorrectly. It becomes mental at some point and it is something that turns back around as long as you keep working the same way you did when you were being successful.

Ball security is a disease... as contagious as

Oct 29, 2013, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Dabo hoping ball security virus has run its course ]

Ball security is a disease...
...as contagious as polio.
...as contagious as syphilis.
...as contagious as bubonic plague...
... attacking one...
... but infecting all.
Ah, but curable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Point for The Natural reference...well done***

Oct 29, 2013, 1:09 PM

*couldn't have said it better.....

Oct 29, 2013, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Ball security is a disease... as contagious as ]

We can hope Dabo can prove at least he's a better coach than a doctor. "Ran it's course"...are you kidding me? Hey Dabo....are you taking your pissed off attitude and shoving it in faces, making guys do more push ups than their arms can handle, benching flat playing guys that aren't giving that 110%? That will be the medicine.

Ball security is a virus 5-out-of-10 times. Otherwise luck.***

Oct 29, 2013, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Dabo hoping ball security virus has run its course ]

Guess Dabo isn't a fan of Ed Cunningham either.***

Oct 29, 2013, 12:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TightendU baby!***

Oct 29, 2013, 12:26 PM

null

Just send a tmale to B-Meist and he will change your

Oct 29, 2013, 12:44 PM

user name hth

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re:Dabo hoping ball security virus has run its course- cure

Oct 29, 2013, 12:56 PM

the bench abd a few laps for fumbling. that is known to do wonderful things to cure it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Dabo realizes that ball security isn't

Oct 29, 2013, 2:40 PM

a doctor cured ailment or the common cold, quits the childish analogies, and gets in his team's and coaches he's paying the money to's face and fixes it.

Re: Front Page Story: Dabo hoping ball security virus has run its course

Oct 29, 2013, 2:48 PM

Well instead of All in Chips and Tennis balls maybe he ought to issue VEL CRO or stick em And get a NEW CAP

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I noticed when he talked about the OLine

Oct 29, 2013, 2:59 PM

he didn't mention our Red Zone struggles at all, and he named every Oline position except for the RTs, who have been by far the worst position on the line.

Um, okay Dabo. I thought up until now he was coach-speaking

Oct 29, 2013, 4:16 PM

about the OLine, but it sounds like he really doesn't think there's a problem. Meanwhile, Coach Morris is saying that we're getting beat at the point of attack. I'd love Dabo to talk about the rushing numbers between the tackles vs rushing on the edges.

What he said is just surprising. I'm glad that we all agree that Ed Cunningham sucks ### though.

PLAY BATTLE please just give him a shot with the 1's.

Oct 29, 2013, 4:23 PM [ in reply to I noticed when he talked about the OLine ]

Some players are gamers.......two series should do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lots of litases going on lately ie Run the wrong routeitas.

Oct 29, 2013, 3:19 PM

Wildthrowlitas. Can't tackleitas

itis

Oct 29, 2013, 4:40 PM

-itis

a suffix used in pathological terms that denote inflammation of an organ ( bronchitis; gastritis; neuritis ) and hence, in extended senses, nouns denoting abnormal states or conditions, excesses, tendencies, obsessions, etc. ( telephonitis; baseballitis ).

My opinion on the fumble issue.

Oct 29, 2013, 3:46 PM

I can agree with dabo that sometimes ball security issues can come and go like a virus. I'm sure the team does practice ball security every day, but when we start having this issue I think it does call for more emphasis in practice. Start running the hell out of the whole team whenever somebody fumbles. And for that matter, do the same thing whenever any of the recent stupid mistakes we seem to have a problem with. Turning the wrong way handing the ball off, running the wrong routes, etc.

On another note I think he's spot on about the tight ends, and most other offensive positions really. We have loads of young talent at RB WR and QB. As long as the o-line stays solid and we continue to have good coaching the future is looking pretty bright.

There comes a time when it's time

Oct 29, 2013, 5:07 PM

to quit pumping sunshine and start living in reality. Yes, we're 7-1, and we all love that, sure. However must any other team in a BCS conf woulda beat us Saturday. We're lucky we were playing the Md B team. Dabo has done a lot of food things here but until he starts living in reality we're not taking that next step. Our O Line I'd hot
garbage and I'm really starting to think that he doesn't see it. Playing like we have the last 3 games we will not beat SC and it could be ugly. We could also lose to Ga Tech playing this badly up front.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic