Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Florida State Review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Florida State Review

Oct 21, 2013, 9:12 AM

Florida State Review

Florida State Review
A lot of us spent a lot of time analyzing what we thought could happen Saturday night in the Clemson-Florida State game but this one came down to two pretty simple facts.

First, Clemson played its worst game of the season while FSU played its best.  Second, the Semin

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Florida State Review

Oct 21, 2013, 9:17 AM

Excellent breakdown. Well said.

I can't disagree with any of that

Oct 21, 2013, 9:19 AM

It was clear to me very early in the first quarter that FSU had the more talented, more physical team. The margin of victory was disappointing, but we lost to a better team. It's just that simple.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2013, 9:21 AM

Well put and on the money. however, the question is why were we deceived that we were an elite team?

Spot on Mickey

Oct 21, 2013, 9:24 AM

One of the better things I've read on TigerNet the past 36 hours.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2013, 9:26 AM

Many of you don't like Mickey,and I don't always agree with him;however,he tells it pretty much like it is,which is what a journalist should do.

That was a complete exaggeration

Oct 21, 2013, 9:32 AM

There isn't that drastic of a difference in talent level, you are demoralizing the team by writing stuff like this. I can tell that your post was fueled by a bit of anger. Yes, FSU was the better team but a lot of football is the mental aspect and you are forgetting that. Fsu was mentally focused and prepared to execute their game plan. Clemson was not. You should know better than writing stuff like that, what if the players read it and think that they aren't talented enough when really they are. Clemson has some elite players too, they just need to become more mentally focused and prepared. "Mind over matter"? This is true.

Re: That was a complete exaggeration

Oct 21, 2013, 10:07 AM

I have to disagree. We don't even come close to matching fsu's talent level at wr, rb, oline, and defensive secondary. We have 1 wr and no rb's that scare anybody. Any good team that can limit sammy and pressure tajh will beat us. Without a rb that can scare the defense, they can come after Tajh all day long. Our receivers can't get open either.

Oct 21, 2013, 10:10 AM

There is a reason why they lead the country in draft picks last year. Spot on Pyler.

Oct 21, 2013, 12:41 PM [ in reply to That was a complete exaggeration ]

Agreed. Everyone step back from the ledge and get a grip- even after that butt reaming the BCS standings still consider CU the #9 team in the country. I dont believe FSU is as all powerful as they looked(Can you say 'extra week to prepare?'). CU laid a ginormous egg and then cut themselves up to be fried. Look, if Clemson doesnt fumble early the score would have been 10-7 at the half! Winston WAS getting shook up in 2nd quarter near his goal line. That said, something is consistently wrong on offense, and the coaches need to find it and fix it quick. This is the 3rd game (4th if you count the 2nd half of Syracuse) where the offense was 'out of sync'.

It all starts with the LOS

Oct 21, 2013, 3:12 PM

We were dominated on both sides of the ball.... all nite long. It is an absolute fact. The OL has been getting tooled for 15+ years against good DL's for the most part but if you dare mention that on T-net, you get reamed from all parts.

Without a running game, it is MUCH harder to throw effectively and consistently. While I think very highly of The Chad, he just will not run the ball near enough, even when we have sustained success running in games. Why not??? I have no idea. Hot Rod is a very capable RB, not elite but just below it. Brooks is serviceable but needs quality weight and improvement in his pad level. Howard needs another position to play as he is a step down from the first two.

FSU clearly has a lot more talent or are getting much better coaching or development, take your pick but Sat night showed we are a LONG way from where we thought we were, regardless of what Dabo says. Are we way ahead of the Bowden years - ABSOLUTELY!!!! Are we a top ten program - nope.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOS, FSU>Clem by a little. Secondary and WR's, by a lot

Oct 21, 2013, 4:30 PM

FSU didn't run that well, but they pass blocked well enough. I noticed they never let Beasley go 1 on 1 with their tackle.

We ran it some when we tried to, CHad totally quit trying when the game was still in reach. Tajh reacted to pressure that wasn't there. I think that sack/fumble really shook him up, which was just like at NCst and usuc in 'll.

But their db's were on our WR's like stink on shyte.
Our db's couldn;t stop them from catching everything thrown in their zip code. Their WR's are freaking awesome.
Jameis is really good, too.

Our boys just wet their pants and played with no confidence, and that was surprising to me. We should have believed we were going to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2013, 7:37 AM [ in reply to That was a complete exaggeration ]

So who on our offense or defense would start for FSU?

QB - Winston vs. Boyd
RB - Freeman vs. McDowell
FB - Abram vs. Smith
TE - Seckinger vs. O'Leary
WR - Watkins vs. Benjamin
WR - Greene vs. Bryant
WR - Shaw vs. Humphries
LT - Erving vs. Thomas
LG - Matias vs. Shatley
C - Stork vs. Norton
RG - Jackson vs. Davis/Beasley
RT - Hart vs. Timothy/Anthony

DE - Goldman vs. Crawford
DT - Stample vs. Watson
DT - Jernigan vs. Jarrett
DE - Edwards vs. Beasley
LB - Hicks vs. Anthony
LB - Jones vs. Shuey
LB - Smith vs. Christian
CB - Darby/Williams vs. Robinson
S - Ramsey vs. Smith
S - Brooks vs. Blanks
CB - Joyner vs. Breeland

PK - Aguayo vs. Catanzaro
P - Beatty vs. Pinion

Dead on.***

Oct 21, 2013, 9:37 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oct 21, 2013, 12:55 PM

MP--
I have no argument with your assessment of the deflating defeat that FSU laid on us on Sat. PM. I do ask you what was Jimbo's logic in keeping his starting offense on the field so late into the game. Their last scorring drive was in the last 6 minutes of the game and the 1sr string was still out there.
Was it to create a greater margin? Is that why he ssettled for a FG on 4th down inside our 10 with about 5 minutes to play? Is that what got them to #2 in currebnt BCS ratings? I would hope we would not do that to a normal opponent. I no longer consider FSU or USC normal opponents! RUTS is never a good practice and they did on 10/19.
What is your take on same?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That late fg was surprising. I guess they wanted that DV

Oct 21, 2013, 4:32 PM

scoring record.

Otherwise it made so sense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The best synopsis yet. Could we have won? Maybe but it

Oct 21, 2013, 12:59 PM

would have taken a near perfect game on our part and a stumble or two from them.

They are simply a much better team than we are.

Since I don't see them losing two game in the ACC I will root for them the rest of the way to maybe open up a BCS spot for us. We're lucky if we get that because we simply are not an elite team.

What a load of crap. You folks love Dabo when we win and

Oct 21, 2013, 4:34 PM

sound like children making excuses we we lose.

Oct 21, 2013, 2:15 PM

Outcoached by Jimbo! Now that's saying something. Make no mistake, they WERE outcoached AND outplayed. Two straight weeks when they just played horrible. All the turnovers, busts, coaching mistakes, etc.

To get beat is one thing, but to contribute mightily to a total beatdown is another. I thought this team had it together more than that. The last two games when they played so bad were home games. One with a crowd that was absolutely a great crowd.

That's three games this year [N.C. State, B.C. and FSU] when they didn't even play worthy of a Top 25 team. Lack of leadership from coaches and players.

big difference in talent at running back***

Oct 21, 2013, 4:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I usually agree with you, but what a load of crap...

Oct 21, 2013, 4:55 PM

there's no reason we couldn't play with FSU. No reason to blame it on anything other than we choked. Gave them 14 pts in the first 10 minutes and paniced from there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pitiful...Blaming it on recruiting...Just Pitiful...Worse

Oct 21, 2013, 6:19 PM

than your "P"Review last week...If it all comes down to recruiting stars, why do we even play the games? And how were we able to beat LSU and UGA? It's not like we out-recruited EITHER of them...Lazy excuse....Just like VT in 07...Learn to take these losses like a Man...Say we got Manhandled...Don't make it sound like we had no business being on the field with such "elite" recruits...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disappointing Mr Plyler

Oct 22, 2013, 10:40 AM

Anger and sour grapes motivated that tirade. We were thrashed, granted, but YOU? Are throwing the whole program under the bus?You're taking your keyboard and pencils and going home to sulk? Shame on you. Man up, Mackey. Or go pull for some other team.
Great God! I hope the Tiger Team doesn't read this drivel.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2013, 1:29 PM

I wish someone would talk about our up front run blocking. Our backs are perfectly capable of gaining 5 yards if given some holes. I'm afraid our coaches are coaching "BIG PLAYS", long passes etc.etc. Come on, lets play some "foot" ball. We pass block well. Lets coach some run blocking, lets get 5 on 1 st.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic