Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Reader following in the footsteps of The Fridge?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Reader following in the footsteps of The Fridge?

Oct 10, 2013, 9:59 AM

Reader following in the footsteps of The Fridge?

Defensive tackle D.J. Reader, a 325-pound mainstay in the middle of Clemson's defensive line, is starting to see snaps in the offensive backfield, bringing back memories of former Tiger William Perry's time with the Chicago Bears. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Reader following in the footsteps of The Fridge?

Oct 10, 2013, 10:08 AM

This weekend I want to see Reader be the lead blocker for D. Rodriguez as he vaults into the end zone! Maybe more than once.

"Follow me sir."

Oct 10, 2013, 10:20 AM

great line from a fun movie

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

that would be great to see. the valley would be rocking then***

Oct 10, 2013, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Reader following in the footsteps of The Fridge? ]

Re: Front Page Story: Reader following in the footsteps of The Fridge?***

Oct 10, 2013, 10:17 AM

Anyone know how "eligible number" is determined?

Oct 10, 2013, 10:18 AM

That's something I've never figured out.

Re: Anyone know how "eligible number" is determined?

Oct 10, 2013, 10:22 AM

The NCAA rulebook defines eligible receivers for college football in Rule 7, Section 3, Article 3.[1] The determining factors are the player's position on the field at the snap and their jersey number. Specifically, any players on offense wearing numbers between 50 and 79 are always ineligible. All defensive players are eligible receivers and offensive players who are not wearing an ineligible number are eligible receivers if they meet one of the following three criteria:

Player is at either end of the group of players on the line of scrimmage (usually the split end and tight end)
Player is lined up at least one yard behind the line of scrimmage (running backs, fullbacks, etc.)
Player is positioned to receive a hand-to-hand snap from the center (almost always the quarterback)
Players may only wear eligible numbers at an ineligible position when it is obvious that a punt or field goal is to be attempted.

A receiver loses his eligibility by leaving the field of play unless he was forced out by a defensive player and immediately attempts to get back inbounds (Rule 7-3-4). All players on the field become eligible as soon as the ball is touched by a defensive player or an official during play (Rule 7-3-5).

http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Eligible_receiver.html

Message was edited by: greent1ger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2013, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Anyone know how "eligible number" is determined? ]

Numbers 50-79 are usually ineligible numbers unless you are on field goal or punt....so if you truly want him to be a weapon, he has a number that is eligible to be a receiver. He has 48, so he is automatically an eligible receiver.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2013, 11:19 AM

I guess I was wrong b/c I've always thought that any number could have the ball as long as the rffs knew it was going to happen or possibly happen before the play. But, very few of us know all the rules. Football has as many rules as a state has laws.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes you can "check in" as eligible

Oct 10, 2013, 12:19 PM

You hear refs say number so and so is reporting as an eligible receiver. And you have to line up in an eligible position.

But if you don't check in, its a lineman downfield penalty.

Oct 10, 2013, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Anyone know how "eligible number" is determined? ]

All number greater than 49 or less than 80 are considered linemen numbers. I think that if you play a player in a position where he may be a ball carrier or receiver with a linemans number you have to alert the officials when he enters the game. This only applies to offensive players I guess. This is my thought and may be debated as I am not a player , coach, official or real tigernetter who knows everthing

Like Sweeney's thought process***

Oct 10, 2013, 10:19 AM

Talk about a FUN HUNH offense

Oct 10, 2013, 10:22 AM

:-o

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Oct 10, 2013, 11:12 AM

I have said that since I was a player. We had a guy, David Thompson, on that team who was, I believe the biggest player on the team, and he ran a 4.6 sec. 40, as well. I said then we should give him the ball on goal line or short yardage situations. With a head of steam, he would get yardage. Bravo to Dabo for innovation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of which... How's The Fridge's health?***

Oct 10, 2013, 11:15 AM

Re: Speaking of which... How's The Fridge's health?***

Oct 11, 2013, 9:18 AM

It is very bad, but he is still alive. There were false reports earlier this year that he had died, but the family immediately responded that the Fridge is still alive, and I believe he is doing some better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2013, 12:53 PM

I love it!!! Just gives D coordinators one more thing to think about it!!!!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic