Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers avoid upset in Raleigh, knock off Pack 26-14 despite lackluster play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tigers avoid upset in Raleigh, knock off Pack 26-14 despite lackluster play

Sep 20, 2013, 12:30 AM

Tigers avoid upset in Raleigh, knock off Pack 26-14 despite lackluster play

No. 3 Clemson avoided another upset in Raleigh, getting three touchdown passes from Tajh Boyd - two to Martavis Bryant - in a 26-14 victory over N.C. State in Carter-Finley Stadium Thursday night. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I find it amazing...

Sep 20, 2013, 1:13 AM

That we have quickly set the standard that a double-digit Thursday night road win against a conference and division opponent is lackluster. We don't need to win 52-7 each night to vie for a national championship, and we certainly don't need to fret over wins. Let's get real people. Tajh missed a few deep balls and we may have benefited from a bad call, but there were so many positives to choose from, including Beasley's domination, Tajh's 3 TDs, a pretty good running game, Catman's record, and a now 3-0 team record. Unreal.

Re: I find it amazing...

Sep 20, 2013, 1:38 AM

Beasley dominated a LT who had never played the position before in his life until tonight. He was the backup center until this week. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I guess UGA had a backup in too since he dominated him...***

Sep 20, 2013, 8:14 AM

Still a division 1 athlete***

Sep 20, 2013, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I find it amazing... ]

Re: I find it amazing...

Sep 20, 2013, 4:24 AM [ in reply to I find it amazing... ]

Well said. Our sputtering offense still gained over 400 yards. Not too shabby. At any rate, it's a W, and I'm glad I don't have the anxiety I had about this game anymore.

The disappointment comes from the fact that they just

Sep 20, 2013, 10:04 AM [ in reply to I find it amazing... ]

played a very sloppy game against a pretty bad NCST team. Remember, this is the same NCST that needed a last second FG to beat Richmond.

We had trouble with our cupcakes a few years ago***

Sep 20, 2013, 10:30 AM

Re: The disappointment comes from the fact that they just

Sep 20, 2013, 10:33 AM [ in reply to The disappointment comes from the fact that they just ]

yes, 'cause it's not possible that NC State could actually be fairly decent under a new coach coming in with a 2-0 record but couldn't have just did the same and had a sloppy game vs Richmond like we just did....does that also apply to SCar vs Vandy, Stanford vs Army, Florida vs Miami, all the FBS teams that lost in Week 1 to FCS teams?? Just curious how the logic works.

If you knew anything about NCSU you would know they play

Sep 21, 2013, 8:45 AM [ in reply to The disappointment comes from the fact that they just ]

to their competition. They play down to their competition as well as up to their competition. They have for past several years - no matter who the coach is. A nationally televised prime time game against #3 in the country?.... Yeah, that's gonna get their best effort.

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers avoid upset in Raleigh, knock off Pack 26-14 despite lackluster play

Sep 20, 2013, 1:39 AM

Even if they had reviewed the "out of bounds" play, it would have stood because there would have been no indisputable evidence to show that he did not step out of bounds. The camera view from above looked like he DID step out. After all of the calls that have gone against us over the years,let's not worry about this call possibly costing State the game. Bad calls are part of the game.

We won 26-14, end of story.

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers avoid upset in Raleigh, knock off Pack 26-14 despite lackluster play

Sep 20, 2013, 10:24 AM

Even if it was a bad call, I didn't see State coach toss out a red flag...by the way, where I was sitting, the pack fans I was surrounded by left 3rd quarter as it was 20-7. They seemed more upset over the coaching for state. Way too many penalties for state. The worst part for me was watching them take 23-25 plays and march down the field to put one more score on the board. STOP SOMEBODY ON 4th DOWN PLEASE!!!

Sep 20, 2013, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers avoid upset in Raleigh, knock off Pack 26-14 despite lackluster play ]

Let's set the facts straight regarding the so-called "bad call." There is a very clear still photo--available on this thread---that shows that the N.C. State player stepped squarely (not slightly) on the line and was clearly OUT OF BOUNDS!! The officials made precisely the right call. Look at the photograph. It is what it is. The only "controversey" will come from those who either have an agenda or who haven't examined the evidence, which is indisputable. The refs got it exactly right.

Could our DEFENSE actually be ahead of the offense?

Sep 20, 2013, 11:21 AM

at this stage?

Let's not forget Cat Man's FGs were from 44+ yards out

Sep 21, 2013, 8:49 AM

Good gosh, I remember just a few years ago when I couldn't hardly even watch us kick an EXTRA POINT much less a 45 yard FG!!

We are lucky to have Catanzaro, he will go down in history as one of the best ever (pretty much already has). What a luxury.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic