Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Three Opponents
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Three Opponents

Sep 17, 2013, 9:15 AM

Three Opponents

Three Opponents
Clemson has three opponents this weekend.  The Tigers are competing against NC State, themselves and the rest of the top 10.

First, Clemson is a 13-point favorite this weekend.  Anytime you are a double digit favorite the biggest opponent is overconfidence.  

Second, w

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We aren't losing anymore this year to any teams not

Sep 17, 2013, 9:20 AM

named FSU or Soutkerolina, and those are the only two that pose a genuine possible loss. Please stop discussing the prospect of losing to anyone else. It just isn't in the cards. It is self defeating. It is moronic. It is getting yourself worked up over nothing. Go Tigers!

Also, technically speaking, Clemson doesn't play anyone this

Sep 17, 2013, 9:23 AM

weekend; they play Thursday night. While some folks may take this as a sign to start an extended, early starting weekend, by the calendar the weekend is Saturday and Sunday.

MD and GT are the other possible losses, but they would

Sep 17, 2013, 9:33 AM [ in reply to We aren't losing anymore this year to any teams not ]

be really bad losses.

I'm just saying it would be possible to lose one of those. But I agree, we should really only lose to either FSU or SCar if we do lose.

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Three Opponents

Sep 17, 2013, 10:19 AM

What we have to consider is if we were to lose to a team other than Fla State or USCJr we would tumble much farther than A&M losing to Alabama or USC to Ga. I think to say we can't lose to the likes of Ga Tech or Maryland is arrogant. We certainly have the potential to go the distance but we can get beat any given Saturday just like anyone else. The coaches are keeping this lesson in front of the players, we as fans have to "keep it real" too and not be coots and jump off the band wagon if we trip up.

All In
Go Tigers!

PS I know rational thinking is prohibited on Tnet so feel free to TD if you disagree. I don't care.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly

Sep 17, 2013, 10:42 AM

Anyone who say it would be disgraceful to lose to either Maryland or Tech ain't looking at how good they are. Just cause they don't have the "name" doesn't mean they aren't good and capable. As a matter of fact, if Maryland continues to win, weary end up only a 2-3 pt favorite up there which I'm effect is a tossup. It's asinine to write that losing to anyone else is cause to pitch a #####!! It's awful cootish posting to start that type of thinking !!!

Do you believe in ghost?

Sep 17, 2013, 11:08 AM

You sure are superstitious. Calm down and look at a short history of this team. You've ignored the composition and their horrible experiences with lack of emotional control.

Year before last the teams average age was just over 19 or at most 20 yrs old. About half of our guys were freshman and RS freshman. Being loaded with talent, so highly rated coming our of high school and winning so many games so quickly created a good foundation for becoming overconfident.

If their minds have matured half as much as their skill and physical attributes you can lay those past fears to rest. The heart of this team is now Jr and RS Jrs and lead by a seasoned veteran QB. The mental mistakes are being dealt with one at a time now and not systematically as in the past. This is especially true on defense.

Oh yeah, Dabo is maturing nicely too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic