Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Final Thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Final Thoughts

Sep 1, 2013, 12:47 PM

Final Thoughts

Final thoughts from Clemson's thrilling 38-35 win over Georgia. Why is Roderick McDowell "sick" and what are the thoughts on Spencer Shuey? How important was Bradley Pinion? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That touch by Boulware would not have made a difference

Sep 1, 2013, 1:55 PM

it was pointed out that if a defender is blocked into ball it is treated as if he never touched it. A heads up play by Jones for sure. But all for naught.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But the Refs. Missed that ... it was NOT spotted on the 20***

Sep 1, 2013, 2:10 PM

They did NOT miss it - because our player chose.....

Sep 1, 2013, 2:18 PM

to run it out of the endzone it was no longer a touchback - it was spotted where our guy was tackled.

The fact that the ball touched our player on the punt was not an issue as our player was blocked into the ball. The ball would have been a touchback if our guy hadn't run it out.

You cannot choose to run a PUNT out of the endzone***

Sep 1, 2013, 2:22 PM

Rule citing?

Sep 1, 2013, 2:24 PM

What makes you say this?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Rule citing?

Sep 1, 2013, 4:13 PM

Touching Ground On or Behind Goal Line
ARTICLE 9. The ball becomes dead and belongs to the team defending its goal
line when a scrimmage kick that has crossed the neutral zone is subsequently
untouched by Team B before touching the ground on or behind Team B’s goal
line (Rule 8-4-2-b) (A.R. 6-3-9-I-II)

Tiger77, You are correct.***

Sep 1, 2013, 2:53 PM [ in reply to They did NOT miss it - because our player chose..... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really

Sep 1, 2013, 4:32 PM

If you catch the punt in the endzone, you can run it out. If it touches the ground in endzone, it's dead. The refs missed the block in Boulware's back and were ruling it a loose ball. Would have been ruled a TD if UGa had recovered. Then it would have to been overturned on replay.

ONLY if the refs got the interpretation of our guys "touch"

Sep 1, 2013, 6:35 PM [ in reply to They did NOT miss it - because our player chose..... ]

correct. Since they let him advance it, they did not initially call it that way, so probably would have given a touchdown if Ga had recovered it. The review would have been interesting if it had gone that way..............

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You never know

Sep 1, 2013, 4:55 PM [ in reply to That touch by Boulware would not have made a difference ]

Even if they'd been able to review whether the defender was blocked into the ball, it's ultimately a subjective call either by the refs or by the replay official. You never know what they might have decided. So all in all it was a smart play.

New Definition for "Pulling A Clemson":

Sep 1, 2013, 2:31 PM

"Pulling a Clemson" is now beating a top 10 ranked team by electrifying offense & strong defense, while having a crowd that is as loud or louder than any other program in the country....that is now the definition of "Pulling A Clemson!!" And, very few programs in the country are capable of that. So, Pull on That Heather Denich & Herbstreit!!!

You are being too kind to Bryant

Sep 1, 2013, 2:41 PM

He seems to still have a maturity or attitude problem. It will be interesting to see how Morris handles him in the next few games. If he's put out there, he should be pulled immediately after any lackadaisical play (so it looked to me). Execution counts as much or more than talent. Bryant seems to have the 'talent chip' on his shoulder. To me at least.

Re: You are being too kind to Bryant

Sep 1, 2013, 2:58 PM

I haven't watched the film yet, but I seem to remember every one of Bryant's misses being either punched out by a Georgia player's helmet or a hand or incorrectly ruled incomplete when he caught it, turned around, and fell to the ground with the ground causing the fumble. Didn't look lackadaisical to me, just a lot of good defense on his catches.

I tend to agree with this.

Sep 1, 2013, 3:12 PM

I thought the incomplete pass where the ground caused it to come out was a poor call. Thought it should have been ruled a catch. I think that Bryant will be a big weapon for us this year. I just think maybe nerves got the best of him a little last night. Hopefully the next game gives him the confidence I think he's missing right now. He's got all of the tools, I just think he's in his head too much. He'll come around, and in a big way (fingers crossed). He seemed to get a lot of praise from the coaches in camp. It would be a shame for his hard work to not pay off.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Re: I tend to agree with this.

Sep 1, 2013, 3:16 PM

at least he cought the onside kick

Re: Re: You are being too kind to Bryant

Sep 1, 2013, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: You are being too kind to Bryant ]

The incomplete pass call on Bryant was called correctly. He needs to step it up and make plays.

We, too, were really surprised that there was no discussion

Sep 1, 2013, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: You are being too kind to Bryant ]

about the "incompletion". Especially after the slow motion replay showed that he caught the ball, turned and took 1 1/2 steps with the ball in his possession, and then lost control of the ball after hitting the ground. Sure, slow motion makes everything look like a catch, but he took 1 1/2 steps...watch it again.

I look at drops and allowing the ball to be stripped

Sep 1, 2013, 3:23 PM [ in reply to You are being too kind to Bryant ]

as poor execution. I'll give him credit for returns last night, but not as a receiver. He's responsible for most of the mistakes. Maybe my opinion is unfairly harsh because of his drops that peed me off. We'll see how he does in the next few games. I'll happily eat my words if he plays well!

Re: You are being too kind to Bryant

Sep 1, 2013, 6:34 PM [ in reply to You are being too kind to Bryant ]

I thought our receivers played "so-so" last night. Sammy dropped a couple, including what should have been a td, Peake had drops. We did not look like world beaters at WR, but we do look explosive. This was a huge game on a huge stage right out of the gates and I just think guys played a little tight.

As far as Martavis goes... I felt really bad for him. It seemed obviously like concentration miscues that got the best of him, but you could see his passion and disappointment. He was obviously pressing a little too much to become the star everyone knows he ought to be. Again, this was a huge stage. I was pulling for him to be the one to catch the wining td.

I think he will end up with a great year. He'll get some touches in the next few weeks, settle down, and become a huge target for us. He has worked his butt off and done everything right since the end of last season. It will pay off in the end for him and us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Final Thoughts

Sep 1, 2013, 9:47 PM

Pinion was the bomb in the kicking and punting game.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic