Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Crawford thinks Tigers are "national champion contenders"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Crawford thinks Tigers are "national champion contenders"

Aug 18, 2013, 11:05 AM

Crawford thinks Tigers are "national champion contenders"

Junior defensive end Corey Crawford is looking for respect this season and he thinks the Tigers are national championship contenders. What does he think about the opener against Georgia? What does the word "respect" mean to Crawford? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Crawford thinks Tigers are "national champion contenders"

Aug 18, 2013, 11:12 AM

Clemson is definitly "national championship contenders",but so are about 4 or 5 other schools.However ,in Clemson's case they pretty much have to go undefeated in the regular season,plus win the ACC Championship ,and hope teams like Bama,Oho State,Oregon or A&M lose at least one game.
Still,it starts with UGA.Win that one,and you will gain some respect.
Lose,and you basically will be elimated from the "national championship" picture.

I could see us losing 1 and still getting in, but it all

Aug 18, 2013, 11:31 AM

depends on what others do. But if we lose to another contender, then it's more difficult. But with 3 highly ranked teams on the schedule, a close loss on the road to an NCSt or Syracuse early on could be overcome.
Momentum late in the season means a lot, and if we get late and we've beaten UGa and SCar and they are also contenders, then we're in good shape.

But if we're 13-0, the only way we're not #1 is if Bama or Ohio St is also 13-0.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Clemson is gonna ride...

Aug 18, 2013, 11:45 AM

we need to drive. Having our fate in the hands of others is something I've endured too long. Screw praying that FSU falls to two other conference teams in order for us to play in the CCG. Screw having Bama, LSwho and uGAY lose two games for us to play in the MNCG.

If we lose to uGAY at home we don't deserve.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I could see us losing 1 and still getting in, but it all

Aug 18, 2013, 12:46 PM [ in reply to I could see us losing 1 and still getting in, but it all ]

Looking at our schedule on paper and the OSU schedule on paper right now, ours is head and shoulders more difficult. Taking that into account we would jump an undefeated OSU. This is all looking at it right now. The reality is by the end of the season it could be a 180 (i.e. USC preseason #1 to others receiving votes last year).

Re: I could see us losing 1 and still getting in, but it all

Aug 18, 2013, 3:16 PM [ in reply to I could see us losing 1 and still getting in, but it all ]

IF we go undefeated, I think an undefeated Clemson team jumps OSU with their schedule.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Crawford thinks Tigers are "national champion contenders"

Aug 18, 2013, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Crawford thinks Tigers are "national champion contenders" ]

we would jump Ohio State in the BCS rankings if both teams went undefeated. We have a far tougher SOS that would move us ahead of their weak one. And I think they have the greatest chance of going undefeated out of all the BCS teams.

null

I'd still put an 11-1 Clemson team in before 12-0 OSU.

Aug 18, 2013, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Crawford thinks Tigers are "national champion contenders" ]

The Buckeyes' schedule is an absolute joke, and their year would be a total failure if they DON'T go undefeated. Their toughest opponent may very well be Northwestern, for crying out loud. But hey, I'm also biased on this matter. And obviously, I'd prefer to win all 12 games handily.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Re: I'd still put an 11-1 Clemson team in before 12-0 OSU.

Aug 18, 2013, 7:31 PM

I do agree with you wholeheartedly, but 2 things we would have to overcome vs. them; #1 is the hype and reputation of OSU a huge school with much history, and #2 is Urban Meyer, a former secheat coach which carries a lot of bias, just because, well, just because Alabama, LSU and FL have been NC winners so much lately. That elevates all the rest of them. Everybody know that. Don't they?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course you would, you're a Clemson fan!!

Aug 19, 2013, 8:32 AM [ in reply to I'd still put an 11-1 Clemson team in before 12-0 OSU. ]

Fact is OSU is #2 in the polls. If they dont lose, they get the spot over Clemson. Just the way it is.

And talk about a joke of a schedule...We play in the ACC, there is no bigger joke. Clemson has 3 games all year. USuC, UGA, and FSU. They should be able to sleepwalk and win the other 9.

Crawford will have to get more than..

Aug 18, 2013, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Crawford thinks Tigers are "national champion contenders" ]

1-sack this year. They won't be playing touch the quarterback to get a sack when the real games begin.

anything can happen

Aug 18, 2013, 11:28 AM

Just a reminder, one game at a time men! Take care of business and it will pay off. If they just stick to business and play with a chip on their sholders, respect will be diligently hand to this team. If the motivation from the last half of last year carries over we will have ESPN drooling and having a meltdown.

anything can happen

Aug 18, 2013, 11:28 AM

Just a reminder, one game at a time men! Take care of business and it will pay off. If they just stick to business and play with a chip on their sholders, respect will be diligently hand to this team. If the motivation from the last half of last year carries over we will have ESPN drooling and having a meltdown.

Re: anything can happen

Aug 18, 2013, 2:30 PM

U can say that again!

Dabo puts an end to "We Too Deep?"

Aug 18, 2013, 11:40 AM

I especially appreciate the complete lack of cockiness about this team. Our guys are humbly confident. Having an attitude toward seeking respect is a vital component to winning. I hope this continues and doesn't fall by the wayside as it has in our past.

Now we fans can be overconfident, distracted, arrogant, prideful and lazy when it comes to game preparations without repercussions. No so with me, I'm totally focused over the next two weeks preparing for uGAY's running game. Let's see how that works our for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It sounds like...

Aug 18, 2013, 12:54 PM

you are getting ready personally for the UGA running game. How are you doing that?

You are pre-season number 8. Is that not respect?

Aug 18, 2013, 12:10 PM

Act like you belong there and have some confidence. Reminds me of the fans who want to have crazy signs at Game Day, bashing ESPN and others. Stop acting like an outsider and you might not be treated like one.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are pre-season number 8. Is that not respect?

Aug 18, 2013, 12:39 PM

Preseason #8 means absolutely nothing. Clemson has zero respect in the national media. Even though the pundits respectfully place us at #8, along with that also always comes along with a "pulling a Clemson" reference. Dabo and Brent is doing a good job of installing some much needed toughness into our team. I've been a fan for a long time, and its been rare to see a tough, physical Clemson in a long time. The LSU win was a first. As long as this team goes out physically and hits some teams in the mouth, we will have a successful year and gain some respect. I honestly believe after the nightcap on last years season, The staff has this team poised to do just that. I believe that win began the consistent dominant Clemson fans will see year in and out as long as our staff remains in place. I predict a 38-24 win on Gameday over the Dawgs, and a start to one hell of a year! Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are pre-season number 8. Is that not respect?

Aug 18, 2013, 4:24 PM [ in reply to You are pre-season number 8. Is that not respect? ]

The only sign I hope to see around the game day set up is, GOOOOOOOOO TIGERSSSSSSS!!!! Screaming, chanting, and showing signs that is degrading towards other teams and our visitors would be acting just like usuc fans and their coach. Is that the appearance and impression we want for Clemson and Tiger Nation on a nation wide stage. I don't!!! It is known through out the country that South Carolina has in Clemson a fan base that doesn't disrespect their opponents and their fan bases that visits Clemson University. Our sign says Welcome to Clemson's Death Valley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, it's about Clemson, not dawgs or coots or sec.***

Aug 18, 2013, 9:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever Works!

Aug 18, 2013, 12:33 PM

The team needs an edge. If fostering a "no one respects us ENOUGH" and "everyone knows USuC's d-linemen but not y'all" belief gives them that edge so be it! Great way to counter the y'all are overwhelming ACC favorites press.

What if...

Aug 18, 2013, 10:08 PM

We lose a close gm to uga, win out and beat SCar, win acccg. Scar beats uga wk 2, and wins east, goes on to win sec, but we beat them. We both are conference champs with one loss.
Ohio st wins out with their patsy schedule.

What then?

Re: What if...

Aug 18, 2013, 10:44 PM

That I would think that coot and Tigers play for NC. But the talking heads would never let TWO South Carolina teams play for the National Championship, WOULD THEY? That and those other bowl games are about how much money the talking heads can make from them games, RIGHT!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope their heads aren't getting too big, sounds like they

Aug 19, 2013, 8:30 AM

are believing the media hype. This team has too many questions and too much of a subpar defense to contend for National Championship. This coming from a DE that has ONE career sack in a lot of games played.

They need to be worried about UGA and UGA only at this point in time.

Re: I hope their heads aren't getting too big, sounds like they

Aug 19, 2013, 12:36 PM

I agree beating LSU is great,but it doesn't mean everybody is gonna be scared of you now. I hope they realize a bullseye is on them every game this year because of the preseason hype and it will be a fight with everybody we play.

Absolutely. They're the hunted now. Top 10, preseason

Aug 19, 2013, 3:09 PM

ACC favorites, etc. They WILL get everybody's best shot. Just like FSU used to be the game everybody circled, this year that's us. Everybody is looking to take us down. They have to bring the 'A' game every week, no looking past anybody now.

They have a chance to have a special season. Take it one game at a time and don't get ahead of themselves. Could be a great year.

Wow... this article gave me goose bumps

Aug 19, 2013, 11:25 AM

I say it every year, because I always get pumped up for our season. I honestly feel something is a little different about this team. I think we have what it takes to make some real noise on the big stage. Yes, I'm referring to National Title talk, I think we're going to be that good.

Our guys look, act, and sound ready... now I just can't wait to actually see it. We're a well disciplined and grounded ball club. SEC or not, our opponents better bring their A Game when they play us in 2013.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic