Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Thin at tight end
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Thin at tight end

Aug 14, 2013, 2:32 PM

Thin at tight end

Freshman tight end Jordan Leggett was carted off the field during Wednesday's situational scrimmage in Death Valley, making an already-thin position even thinner. What does head coach Dabo Swinney say about the position? Where are Sam Cooper and Chad Kelly in their injury rehabs? Who is standing out on the offensive line? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Thin at tight end

Aug 14, 2013, 3:04 PM

This is why I didn't like the move to send MacLain to OL, I thought he was going to be a big time TE for us. Idk, Sucks Legget went down...thought he would have contributed big for us this year. Glad Coop looks like he'll only miss 4 or 5 games tho rather than most the season.

McClain didn't have the speed to be a great TE

Aug 14, 2013, 3:33 PM

He's upside at OT though is very high. i wouldn't at all be surprised to see him play significant minutes at the RT or LT position.

Aug 14, 2013, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Thin at tight end ]

If Swinney and co actually believe that these guys are going to come back from an ACL, and play in October or November, they are not living in reality. I hope someone on the medical staff has the guts to step and say "no way." Totally irresponsible.

Aug 14, 2013, 11:04 PM

We have people come on here all the time that think they are smarter than million dollar coaches, and doctors highly trained in sport medicine. Go back into your 3 dollar box you call a home. You have had your 2 measly cents worth of medical advice. Now go away, don't go away mad, just go the fk away. Bye Bye!!! Now head back on over to your little dog box or chicken coop that you call home. Either one will be filled with chit after you crawl back in. Its really pathetic when fans from other teams come here acting to be a fan of Clemson. You have to be very ashamed of who you are, or who you are a fan of.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Instead of juvenile attacks, post logical counterpoints.

Aug 15, 2013, 3:25 PM

You frequently launch into juvenile ad hominem attacks on people whose opinions differ from yours, rather than expressing an intelligent, logical, fact-supported counterpoints. If you disagree with dgcannon's opinion, why don't you point out some instances where FBS football players returned to play against opponents 5-months after ACL replacement in the middle of the season? I can't think of such an instance so it seems unrealistic to me, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to express an intelligent opinion. Apparently you aren't either.

You're really protecting this guy?

Aug 15, 2013, 3:45 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14171819

No. I'm condemning juvenile ad hominem attacks.***

Aug 16, 2013, 5:59 PM

Re: Instead of juvenile attacks, post logical counterpoints.

Aug 16, 2013, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Instead of juvenile attacks, post logical counterpoints. ]

Thanks. Couldn't have said it better myself. Like most of the "thought police," his response of choice is a lame-brained personal attack---usually written at about a third-grade level.

We can survive with a shallow TE field

Aug 14, 2013, 3:16 PM

Especially with a stronger line and Boyd able to run for short yards when needed. It would be worse if we had a less agle QB who mostly threw.

But it isn't an ideal situation.....

I expect us to go 4-5 WR sets more early in the year

Aug 14, 2013, 3:34 PM

if McCoulgh and Leggett become more trustworthy then by mid season we might us them a bit more

Re: I expect us to go 4-5 WR sets more early in the year

Aug 14, 2013, 9:33 PM

Too late for UGA. It could be embarrassing.

Only thing embarrassing is your posts...***

Aug 16, 2013, 6:06 PM

I love this time of year and I hate this time of year

Aug 14, 2013, 3:51 PM

Because you know the injury bug will bite!

Prayers to Leggett and all our guys dealing with these hurdles. God speed and go tigers!

Aug 14, 2013, 7:53 PM

I'm confused. How are we getting Coop back Oct 1?

I thought he and Kelly went down with the same injury (torn ACL) at the same time (spring game in April) and it was going to be a miracle to get them back after 9 months. That would be Jan 2014.

Oct 1 would be less than 6 months after surgery right?

Oct 1 is ~5 mo. post ACL surgery. FBS play seems unrealistic

Aug 15, 2013, 3:39 PM

I could imagine the guys practicing, but it's hard to imagine them being fully healed, in-shape, up-to-speed, and strong enough to make the depth-chart by Oct. 1st. I think 8-9 months is more realistic. See following article on ACL recovery.

http://orthopedics.about.com/od/aclinjury/f/rehabtime.htm

Re: Oct 1 is ~5 mo. post ACL surgery. FBS play seems unrealistic

Aug 16, 2013, 1:00 PM

Excelent post. Thanks.

So my question is who is the better athlete

Aug 15, 2013, 5:16 PM

for TE, Seckinger or Darrell Smith? I was thinking Smith played a good deal his freshman year, but I can't find stats to support that. But it seems odd for a guy who hasn't played hardly at all (Smith) to stay on as a Grad Student unless there was some plan to bring him up to player status, whether #2 or #3 for the position.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic