Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Young Tigers face separation week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,884

Front Page Story: Young Tigers face separation week

Aug 12, 2013, 3:16 PM

Young Tigers face separation week

Dabo Swinney said week two of camp will be a separation week to see who can help the team win this season and which freshmen like Wayne Gallman will avoid a redshirt. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Young Tigers face separation week

Aug 12, 2013, 4:32 PM

If the defensive players will tackle with their heads up they will never get a penalty called on them. You are never suppose to tackle with you head down because you can break you neck that way. I am 60 years old and learned that in junior high school football. Maybe they don't teach you to tackle that way anymore but if you keep your head up it's impossible to get a penalty called on you for leading with the helmet or spearing.

I think the Clowney hit debate has everyone skittish...

Aug 12, 2013, 5:12 PM

about how certain things will be called. The ACC ref said he should be ejected, other refs say it was a good hit. That was a bang-bang play if there ever was one. Clowney's head was generally up but the crown of his helmet did come up into the Rb's helmet/face mask. I think the referee disagreement on that play has caused a lot of uneasiness with coaches, as you would expect. It was a clean play in my book.

Re: I think the Clowney hit debate has everyone skittish...

Aug 12, 2013, 5:41 PM

it was NOT A CLEAN play!!he led with the crown of his helmet with is a VIOLATION!!if it stops plays like that in the future that will be only good to come of it!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2013, 7:42 PM

agreed...it was not clean:

Looks like leading with crown and head down on initial impact if you ask me..

Aug 12, 2013, 7:50 PM

If it was not a clean hit, then enjoy the soccer season and stay away from football.

Eh... It was a clean hit. No idea why so much hoopla over an

Aug 12, 2013, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I think the Clowney hit debate has everyone skittish... ]

athletic freak of a DE going unblocked. There was nothing special about that play other than great timing for a fumble to occur.

Aug 12, 2013, 8:35 PM [ in reply to I think the Clowney hit debate has everyone skittish... ]

I would love to say it was an ejection hit. But I'm to be honest with my on true feeling, I thought it was a H&ll of a good clean hit. But throw him out the game if he hits one of our guys like that. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Young Tigers face separation week

Aug 12, 2013, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Young Tigers face separation week ]

You make a good point, and in theory you are right, but in the heat of battle and at full speed, instincts tell a player to get the ball carrier, their man, whatever, blocked or tackled, and stuff happens. I don't think Clowney meant to make a questionable hit, but it was. It was questionable because some say it was clean, while some say it was an infraction. There is way too much subjectivity to this particular infraction, and when there is a split second decision to call or not to call by the officials, it will lead to many disgruntled fans, coaches and players, and there will be lots of second guessing, IMO. Get ready for many frustrating moments this year, I'm afraid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,884
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic