Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Band of Brothers and week one camp wrap up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,401

Front Page Story: Band of Brothers and week one camp wrap up

Aug 11, 2013, 6:42 PM

Band of Brothers and week one camp wrap up

The first full week of Clemson's fall camp is in the books. What group is Clemson's Band of Brothers? Why is next week big for Clemson's receivers? What does Tajh Boyd think about being able to play one more season in orange? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love that we have 10 guys fighting at the OL

Aug 11, 2013, 6:53 PM

Thomas, Battle, McClain, Beasly, Davis, Norton, Gullerimo, Shatly, Webstier, Timothy, Anthony all have game experience and that's not even counting the guys that the coaches seem to believe are going to be good for us soon enough as well.

But but but...

Aug 11, 2013, 7:19 PM

We never recruit enough Olinemen, we're thin there and we don't have enough commits there for 2014. Or so some say.

^^^^^^^sarcasm^^^^^^^

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Yep Dabo and the staff have us deep at every position

Aug 11, 2013, 7:30 PM

DL, OL, QB, WR, RB, TE, LB is all full of good players. The DBs have a lot of young faces but we seem to have hit on most if not all of them and by the end of the year I expect us to have a solid secondary to go along with a deep and talented front 7.

Re: But but but...

Aug 12, 2013, 10:48 AM [ in reply to But but but... ]

we currently have at least 16 OL on scholarship with 2 seniors and 2 commits fro 2014,, and that is not counting Maybank... who may still be a DT but is not in the 3 deep.

agree wholeheartedly - Go Band of Brothers and the Tigers

Aug 11, 2013, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Love that we have 10 guys fighting at the OL ]

will go on all cylinders, and if Defensive line, linebackers and d. backfield get it together - UNSTOPPABLE!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Band of Brothers and week one camp wrap up

Aug 11, 2013, 10:22 PM

Can any of our lineman block Clowney? I hope so!

Aug 11, 2013, 10:42 PM

They could have blocked that Clown last year if Tajh hadn't been so skeeerd of him!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2013, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Band of Brothers and week one camp wrap up ]

There may not a be a OL in the NCAA that could block Clowney when Clowney has 2 weeks rest and the OLman has played 100+ snaps the week before....
In any case we lost that game becasue our D could not get the USC O off the field... look at the TOP!

Just a feeling...

Aug 11, 2013, 10:54 PM

Don't claim to have any insight,nor have I been at any practices. This is just gut feeling.

First off..
I think this might be the best OL we've had at Clemson in 20 years. So to see them dominate the DL is no surprise to me. In fact, they should to a degree.

Next, while I "hope" the defense is much improved in 2013.I gotta feeling that might not show in game 1.Or game 2 for that matter. I hope people realize that this is a work in progress that may not hit full stride till later in the season.
No one likes to see a team just simply drive down the field at will. But IMO, we have got to cut down on the "BIG PLAYS" right. You should be making your opponent earn everything they get.
Also, as much prop as the front 7 has been given,I'm not so sure that's completely deserving as well. I just hope they're as good as everyone thinks they are, lets just say that. Cause if they are.....

we'll be fine.

Re: Just a feeling...

Aug 12, 2013, 10:58 AM

<>

Cutting down on the big plays is important but LSU had big plays but also 8 '3 and outs ' and we won.... If the other team holds the ball 8 minutes every possession we will lose a lot of games. HUNH does not help much it the opposing D is fresh!

I do not want a bend but do not break D... we have had that in the past and you beat average teams because they make mistakes. You will not beat top 20 teams consistently with a bend and not break D... The D has to attack, create turnovers and 3 and outs. If you want 8 - 10 wins you can concentrate on bend and not break and keeping the opposing O in front of you, we need fumbles Tackles for loss, sacks and ints... and 3 and outs... if we get those we can afford one or 2 70 yd plays a game... we will win by 20+

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,401
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic