Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Bryant to start at Nuk's old position on the boundary?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Bryant to start at Nuk's old position on the boundary?

Aug 4, 2013, 11:47 AM

Bryant to start at Nuk's old position on the boundary?

Junior receiver Martavis Bryant said Saturday evening that he had been getting first team reps at boundary receiver, Nuk Hopkins' former spot, and that Sammy Watkins had moved back to the slot. Chad Morris says players are moving all over the field and playing multiple positions. The truth is somewhere in the middle as Morris tries to exploit the weak spots on opposing defenses. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can absolutely be assured...

Aug 4, 2013, 11:58 AM

That Coach Morris KNOWS what he is doing! The offensive genius WILL be ready come Aug 31st!

The Chad will be ready to exploit Jawja and will have the best players in the right places to best implement HIS Scheme!!

Mark it down folks, Chad will come out to play!

Mark that down!!

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If attitude is adjustable Dabo seems to have the tools...

Aug 4, 2013, 12:12 PM

and the know-how to fine tune a young man. I'm proud of Bryant's growth and progress. He's gonna make all of us proud, I'm sure.

Where these guys play is going to be unpredictable. What a nightmare for a young secondary they will be. What a nightmare for a D coordinator.

You know, our secondary is having to deal with these guys throughout this month. I don't see uGAy throwing anything their was they haven't seen or anything they can't quickly adjust to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Bryant to start at Nuk's old position on the boundary?

Aug 4, 2013, 12:14 PM

All I think this does is make UGA's DC not know where watkins will be. Its not a huge problem but I would much rather them be guessing where he is then knowing where he will be and watching routes from last year on that position.

Aug 4, 2013, 12:27 PM

If you have watched the videos of the first two practices you can easily see why Coach Morris wants Martavis on the field. On the ground or over his head or behind his back. Just throw it and he'll catch it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ken

Put #2 out there!***

Aug 4, 2013, 12:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Honestly

Aug 4, 2013, 12:36 PM

I'm surprised Martavis hasn't made much more of an impact than he has. He's got all the goods to be a pro receiver--certainly size and speed are advantages he enjoys over the vast majority of opposing players who are unlucky enough to have to defend him.

IF (and thats a pretty good sized "if"), he has the type "breakout" year that Nuk had last season, Clemson's going to have an incredible offense---and with #2 floating around back there, a defense dare not double team Bryant.... Heck, with a little more muscle, he might even make a helluva tight end.

I'm speculating/day dreaming/projecting, of course,...plenty of things could happen to inhibit Martavis realizing his full potential, but IF..........

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2013, 1:01 PM

Great answers by MB. He seems to be very focused, mature and having learned lessons that were bitter pills for him to have to swallow. Hats off to him for handling it, and hats off to Dabo and the coaches for standing firm and helping him see what he must be in order to be a part of this team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If mb has really decided to b all in

Aug 4, 2013, 1:05 PM

Then he will be very dangerous. I'd say that would b a game changer. It gives tb another boundary outside receiver with good hands. Nasty combo.

I was always concerned about moving Sammy.

Aug 4, 2013, 2:12 PM

One of Sammy's best talents is the way he grabs the ball out of the air on the run from his usual position. That fluid motion creates space in a way that I don't think is possible on the outside going long most of the time.

The guys on the outside like Nuk have to be fighters. Like Nuk, like the original coot killah Rod Gardner. I think Sammy could learn to fight for the ball like those guys did, but his natural talent lies in grabbing the ball out of the air on the fly and taking off with his blazing speed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The article failed to mention that Humphries was injured and

Aug 4, 2013, 2:23 PM

held out of practice yesterday. I am sure Watkins will move around a ton, but it shouldn't be too big of a surprise that Watkins moved to the slot with Humphries out since Bryant and Peake aren't really suited for that position. It's all about getting the best players on the field.

Aug 4, 2013, 3:46 PM

Personally, I'm glad to see Morris put #1 and #2 on the field at the same time. I've felt this way all year.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1250528&start=15&tstart=0

Aug 4, 2013, 4:01 PM

Martavis has always had the talent-cant wait to see him making big plays for us!

I LOVE the idea of Sammy in the slot. Matchup nightmare! NO

Aug 4, 2013, 8:30 PM

#3 DB in the country is capable of covering Watkins.

Re: I LOVE the idea of Sammy in the slot. Matchup nightmare! NO

Aug 4, 2013, 10:39 PM

Adding Mike Williams to the mix would make this receiving unit unstoppable. No team would have the talent to cover all of these guys with any success. Peake, Watkins, Bryant, and Williams in a four set!

Re: I LOVE the idea of Sammy in the slot. Matchup nightmare! NO

Aug 4, 2013, 10:53 PM

One answer, WOW!!!! What a poise of receivers.

Message was edited by: oldschtiger70®

Lookin like

Aug 4, 2013, 11:03 PM

A lot of these Tigers could be makin an impact on Sundays down the road

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic