Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Boyd finds a mentor in Michael Vick
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Boyd finds a mentor in Michael Vick

Aug 2, 2013, 12:34 PM

Boyd finds a mentor in Michael Vick

The often-maligned quarterback of the Philadelphia Eagles has been a sounding board for Tajh Boyd since early in his career. (TigerNet Staff / Howard Smith-USA TODAY Sports) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh no***

Aug 2, 2013, 12:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Mods: I think you have those names reversed. ******

Aug 2, 2013, 12:38 PM

null

No, Tajh, actually the fact this scumbag was involved in

Aug 2, 2013, 12:39 PM

what he was involved in shows what kind of character he has, and his brother is an even bigger #########. Disappointing to see.

Re: No, Tajh, actually the fact this scumbag was involved in

Aug 2, 2013, 12:47 PM

You'll get over it. Your priorities are jacked. You're more upset about something he did a long time ago, more than you're happy about the fact he apologized and is reformed.

Ha! Oh, he apologized. Great. ******

Aug 2, 2013, 1:00 PM

null

Re: Ha! Oh, he apologized. Great. ******

Aug 2, 2013, 1:02 PM

He also spent time in prison and lost millions of dollars. He has paid his dues and deserves a 2nd chance like anyone else. Now if he does it again then you have a right to come back out on your soap box.

I agree with you.

Aug 2, 2013, 1:15 PM

VERY thankful God gives me second + chances. I fail him every hour.

Thank you, Jesus!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Respectfully, Gwood, you don't get to tell me who I give

Aug 2, 2013, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Ha! Oh, he apologized. Great. ****** ]

second chances to and who I do not.

I am not saying ban the guy from the NFL, but if was picked up by my team, I wouldn't support them.

You can respect a guy because he apologized (a critical component of him getting back into his multi-million dollar business) and he served his time (after striking a plea bargain with the prosecution in case that he would have lost regardless for a crime that he was happily committing until he got caught). I'll hold people to a higher standard than "Oh, yeah he USED to be a multi-millionaire who tortured and killed dogs for financial gains amounting to pocket change for him."

I'll stand by my initial post here...If anyone is mentoring anyone between those two, it's Tajh mentoring Vick.

null

Re: Ha! Oh, he apologized. Great. ******

Aug 2, 2013, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Ha! Oh, he apologized. Great. ****** ]

Had you rather he showed no remorse? "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." is a verse I get much comfort in, as I have sinned way too many times. Now do I like or approve of M.V.'s actions? Absolutely not, but if he could somehow inspire others to do better and to do things they should, i.e. go back for a Senior year and fulfill your dreams, then he must have figured something out. I'll let God sort all that out. I'm just glad Tajh seems to have gotten the right message. JMO!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paula Deen says, "Hi!".***

Aug 2, 2013, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: No, Tajh, actually the fact this scumbag was involved in ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 2, 2013, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Re: No, Tajh, actually the fact this scumbag was involved in ]

Don't be too rough on Filo.His real name is Fido
and he assumes that he is the only dog lover on
this board.I love dog's.I have a dog,but i believe
in second chances.The Eagles do too and that is
enough.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2013, 9:30 AM

Not when it comes to Riley Cooper.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right turn Clyde! Chill, the guy has regret. Let it go.***

Aug 2, 2013, 12:52 PM [ in reply to No, Tajh, actually the fact this scumbag was involved in ]

You usually do have regrets when you have bill collectors,

Aug 2, 2013, 1:03 PM

being sued, and all other sorts of things going on where an NFL contract is needed to get all that sorted out, and Vick did the "I'm a changed man" dance for everyone and appears to have won some people over.

Re: You usually do have regrets when you have bill collectors,

Aug 2, 2013, 1:24 PM

Vick went to prison, lost his contract and had to work to get back to a position to play.
When he was charged I planned on never watching him play again.. but I did not expect him to be convicted or serve any time. He did serve his time... he is not forgiven but he paid the price for his crime... I watch him play and enjoy the game.

No offense intended, but is there anything that you don't

Aug 2, 2013, 1:04 PM [ in reply to No, Tajh, actually the fact this scumbag was involved in ]

complain about on here?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

You talkin' to me Shawn? This is a message board, dude.

Aug 2, 2013, 1:07 PM

This is what we do here. People put forth topics, and they are discussed. Sometimes I'm in the large majority of what is being said, and sometimes I'm not. Apparently scaplers and dog killers are popular people here today. This isn't my day to post it appears.

I'm just asking. Like I said.. No offense No worries. lol***

Aug 2, 2013, 1:13 PM

GO TIGERS!!

Vick was partially a product of his enviroment

Aug 2, 2013, 1:09 PM [ in reply to No, Tajh, actually the fact this scumbag was involved in ]

in the culture he grew up in things like dogfighting were the norm, just like bullfighting is the norm in Spain or cockfights are prevalent in parts of the south.

These things are seen as acceptable forms of entertainment, whether they're legal or morally right or not.

Should Vick have still known better, and should he have left such things behind when he became a public figure? Absolutely, but it's not like he just decided to get into dogfighting on a whim.

My take on it is this.

Aug 2, 2013, 1:16 PM

He was involved in an inexcusable situation. Got caught, paid his dues, and by all accounts seems to have turned his life around.

I can applaud that.

GO TIGERS!!

Pretty much my take

Aug 2, 2013, 1:18 PM

I'm a dog lover. I hate the idea of torturing animals for sport.

But, he's moved on as has the world, I see no reason I shouldn't as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He played a big role in Tajh returning for his senior season

Aug 2, 2013, 1:35 PM [ in reply to No, Tajh, actually the fact this scumbag was involved in ]

And all indications are that he is truly sorry for what he did with the dog fighting. Why not trust Tajh in who he allows into his life, especially since Tajh has always been such an outstanding representative of what a student-athlete should be?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: He played a big role in Tajh returning for his senior season

Aug 2, 2013, 11:15 PM

Once again, Judge, you and I are in agreement. Amazing how good minds work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

glass houses

Aug 2, 2013, 12:46 PM

I guess that we are all perfect throughout our whole lives...thank you to Vick 4 encouraging Boyd to return. #glass houses

The point is to learn from mistakes, Vick made them but he

Aug 2, 2013, 12:50 PM

DID NOT kill anyone, rob a bank, choke his girlfriend. I love dogs, love mine like he is my child and loath what Vick was a part of...but the guy has regret and has cleaned up his ego. Give it a rest folks.

Mike Vick served his time and paied his dues

Aug 2, 2013, 12:54 PM

Very glad that he is giving out sound advice to young men so that they can learn from his life experiences.

Re: Mike Vick served his time and paid his dues

Aug 2, 2013, 12:59 PM

wish his brother would listen to him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, his brother seems to have a real hard time listening

Aug 2, 2013, 1:04 PM

to big bro and all that sound advice.

Well that can't be good***

Aug 2, 2013, 1:05 PM

Bad Newz! (kennels)***

Aug 2, 2013, 1:06 PM

Bad pun coming ...

Aug 2, 2013, 1:17 PM

Hope Tajh feels the same way about dawgs.

(Sorry; I know it's bad)

WOW

Aug 2, 2013, 1:19 PM

You guys surprise me. It looks to me like Tajh draws wisdom from a multitude of sources. I think he made a good choice. We are all a little f'ed up, just some more than others. Check your mirror, you pompous butts.
There has been only one that was, is perfect. The mob crucified him.
MV committed crimes, paid the price, changed course, and I for one celebrate that. Good choice Tajh.

^^^^ Gets it!

Aug 2, 2013, 1:20 PM

+1

NO! he doesn't...

Aug 2, 2013, 7:25 PM

Ron Mexico knowingly had unprotected sex when he knew he had a sexually transmittable disease, plus a whole lot more that we forget about.

Go back and refresh your memory on many of his other escapades and you see that this wasn't a guy who slipped from the path, he was actively forging his way into the dark recesses.

Is he still doing that? If so, then let justice roll.

Aug 3, 2013, 8:43 AM

If not, if he has committed himself to change, then GET OVER IT!

If you don't forgive, then don't expect others to forgive you when you screw up!

I can forgive a convict for his past transgressions....

Aug 3, 2013, 9:01 AM

Without wanting him to be a role model for my children.

Jesus tells us to forgive, but he didn't say anything about forgetting.

Let me put it another way....

Aug 3, 2013, 9:28 AM

OJ Simpson will probably be paroled in four years. He has been convicted of criminal conspiracy, kidnapping, assault, robbery, using a deadly weapon, but never convicted for murder.

If he showed up at your door asking permission to date someone very dear to you, are you telling him, "Sure, all is forgiven. Take my car and my credit card and have a ball," or "No that might not be such a good idea, but I was glad to hear you accepted Jesus into your life," or "Get off my property before I call the cops."

If you want to put forth the effort to look into your heart and tell me a fourth option that you would actually say and not be ashamed to repeat here in public, please let me know what that response would be.

If I was Tajh, there's nothing I'd want to know from Vick

Aug 2, 2013, 1:36 PM

He's bad news and not mentor material. Not even sounding board material.

You don't believe that people should get a second chance?

Aug 2, 2013, 1:40 PM

Vick made a mistake, paid for that mistake, and has been doing his best to not only move on from it but teach others who grew up in the same situation as him learn from his mistake.

I see no problem with Tajh taking his advice, especially if that is the reason he came back.

Who the hell are you?***

Aug 2, 2013, 1:41 PM [ in reply to If I was Tajh, there's nothing I'd want to know from Vick ]

So, you know both personally?***

Aug 2, 2013, 3:51 PM [ in reply to If I was Tajh, there's nothing I'd want to know from Vick ]

I wish I could unsee this article.

Aug 2, 2013, 1:44 PM

nm

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why?***

Aug 2, 2013, 1:45 PM

I find that a lot of what I've learned in this life...

Aug 2, 2013, 2:00 PM

...comes from people that have made mistakes and don't want to see me make the same mistakes. That's part of being a mentor, to pass along wisdom and to speak from experiences you've had. Like him or hate him, I think that's all Mike Vick is doing, and that's a good thing.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because Vick didn't fall into the wrong crowd.

Aug 2, 2013, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Why?*** ]

Vick *was* the wrong crowd.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't think he's changed?***

Aug 2, 2013, 3:43 PM

If he is committed to change, yes.***

Aug 2, 2013, 3:52 PM

Shame he missed out on the one who started it all in area-

Aug 2, 2013, 2:16 PM

1976 Bethel High School graduate and then Duke starting QB Michael Dunn.

At 6'5" out of high school he was really the first of a string of QB's out of that area.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe he gave him tips...

Aug 2, 2013, 4:54 PM

On how to abuse them Dawgs

Re: Front Page Story: Boyd finds a mentor in Michael Vick

Aug 2, 2013, 4:57 PM

Oh my. The coots are gonna have a field day with this one.

Re: Front Page Story: Boyd finds a mentor in Michael Vick

Aug 2, 2013, 4:59 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Ammo for chickentech.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Who really cares what those ignorant capons think?***

Aug 2, 2013, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Boyd finds a mentor in Michael Vick ]

Allen Iverson Fact...

Aug 2, 2013, 6:23 PM

He was a 2x AAA Player of the year in Football as the QB for his high school, and 1x player of the year in basketball.

A lot of people had no idea he was a really good QB. Almost as good as a Football player as a Basketball player.

Standing Ovation!!!!

Aug 4, 2013, 4:40 PM

Good for you, Tajh

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic