Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Venables looking for "Division I players" in the secondary
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Venables looking for "Division I players" in the secondary

Jul 27, 2013, 3:21 PM

Venables looking for "Division I players" in the secondary

Clemson's secondary will get an early test against Georgia and quarterback Aaron Murray in five weeks, and defensive coordinator says he isn't looking for Superman, just for players that play like Division I players. However, he is excited about the mix of experience and young talent he has at his disposal. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Venables looking for "Division I players" in the secondary

Jul 27, 2013, 3:50 PM

We better be ready, we can hardly afford any secondary lapses like last season against the Aaron Murray led offense...Venables will have us ready!!! Fight Tigers, fight tigers, fight, fight, fight!!!

Re: Front Page Story: Venables looking for "Division I players" in the secondary

Jul 27, 2013, 4:04 PM

I just dont understand how we have no one who has started at a game at safety. you'd think with all the redshirting and planning they do developing guys that wouldnt happen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's due to Cheese's recruiting

Jul 27, 2013, 5:11 PM

Coach chesse liked to recruit guys that were tweeners in regards to being able to play CB or Safety with their body types. Thus none of the guys that came in were set in what posisiton they'd be in and the coaches would cross train them a bit to see where they were better suited.

That Peters for example. I believe he came in as a safety prospect but was moved to CB instead.

Re: That's due to Cheese's recruiting

Jul 27, 2013, 5:24 PM

I really grew to dislike him and was glad he left. I thought he did a terrible job teaching tackling in the secondary and the coverage wasnt much better

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's due to Cheese's recruiting

Jul 27, 2013, 6:07 PM

If you are going to be negative about cheezits coaching of DB's. Honest and truthfully, it was down right miserable. In my personal opinion, our DB's under cheesit, hasn't been that good for a few years. Hopefully coach Reed and BV will change all that.
Does anybody know if coach Reed is helping out with special teems also?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually..

Jul 27, 2013, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Venables looking for "Division I players" in the secondary ]

Smith started a game at Safety in 2011. Against Wofford, they sat Hall (knee) and started Smith. He was a true freshmen and made and INT against Troy the week before. Against Wofford, he got SMOKED on a play action for a TD.

The front seven

Jul 27, 2013, 4:54 PM

pressures the qbs and stuffs the run this year better than last...we will be very hard to beat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I have complete faith in our DTs to bring the pressure

Jul 27, 2013, 5:13 PM

also our run D got much better in the second half of last year. It's on Beasly, Barnes, Crawford, Ebo and Lawson to bring the heat from the DE position to see how our front four do with getting pressure. Otherwise we'll have to blitz a lot like we did last year and that leaves you open to bing plays, just see the NC St game. We blitzed a lot and Glennon carved us up

Since you mentioned the blitzing aspect,,is it just me or

Jul 27, 2013, 8:22 PM

Do we never seem send our lbs straight up the middle like we did with Leroy hill yrs back. Hardly ever see 2 crossing routes to tight end and a back at the same time. Now it seems we come off then edge and leave someone wide open or don't even get there. Guess my point is I would like to these lbs with speed like steward and jones force the issue more than our secondary

Jul 27, 2013, 5:15 PM

If you don't like the way BV thinks and coaches his players. Then you either don't know a thing about FB. Or you just don't like anybody. BV gets it, and he coaches his players hard until they get it. I'm looking for our D to be much better than we were in the last game we played. First game of the year our D should be better than UGA. I do see us beating them in our house at night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2013, 5:22 PM

BV has done a tremendous job with what he had to work with. It seem Clemson's D didn't work on tackling until Dabo took the reigns and now he's got someone he can work with handling the D.

MNC? I'm not convinced that it's practical to predict something so difficult to achieve and so far off but I'd bet money we won't be ashamed of our defense anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2013, 5:20 PM

The defense is no longer going to be labled as: "maligned, porous, or weak"

BV Gets it!! So does Coach Reed.

Mark it down!

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brent Venables plans on....

Jul 27, 2013, 7:49 PM

Bringing the rain!!!

Turn'em loose and let those horses run Brent!!!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA game will be won by the front 7

Jul 27, 2013, 11:49 PM

We have to stop the Gurshel tandem and make Murray beat us with his arm.

this is why i do not get..

Jul 28, 2013, 10:35 AM

all of the hype.we will be good this year.but i dont see a national title run.we will be lucky to win the atlantic.losing 3 starters ona defense that wasnt good to begin with is a bad thing

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic