Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Venables says championship teams are player driven
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,213

Front Page Story: Venables says championship teams are player driven

Jul 20, 2013, 11:51 AM

Venables says championship teams are player driven

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables said this past week that championship teams are player driven, and he is looking for that same kind of leadership out of this year's 2013 team, from quarterback Tajh Boyd to the "dirt bags" on the offensive line to the young members of his defense. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They need to show that face to Clowney

Jul 20, 2013, 12:03 PM

That would probably give him nightmares. Gotta love the passion this guy has for football wanting the best demanding the best out of his defense.

Re: They need to show that face to Clowney

Jul 20, 2013, 12:08 PM

I thought the same thing. Great snapshot of Venables passion haha that guy's a wildman!

Like this interview a lot

Jul 20, 2013, 12:07 PM

Love getting to hear in depth about the philosophy and thoughts of Venables. I feel like this is the most in depth interview we've gotten to see from him. I'd say he's completely right on in my experience. Hopefully we'll have those guys step up that we need. It's been great watching Tajh take over this team. Something I'd say we've lacked since maybe Whitehurst.

I think our D will be greatly improved this year. I'm really looking forward to it. And I know we break down everything all the time, but this is the first time since I've watched Clemson that I've ever felt like I'm not worried at all about a certain position. Dabo and company have shown they'll go out and get what's needed (LB's Steward, Anthony, Townsend when we were hurting there, DB's Blanks and now Alexander).

What do ya'll think?

Re: Like this interview a lot

Jul 21, 2013, 4:48 PM

i think we are as deep on the Dline and Oline as we have ever been. A few years ago we had a great Oline until one was hurt and then it was weak. I do not think that will happen this year on either line. .

Poor QB leadership?

Jul 20, 2013, 4:00 PM

Reminds me of Parker in some ways. Obviously I don't know what went on on that team, but he never really struck me as a leader of the overall team.

Wonder why no Summer work out videos?

Jul 20, 2013, 4:47 PM

yet.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,213
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic