Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Attorney for Rogers speaks out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Attorney for Rogers speaks out

Jun 28, 2013, 5:03 PM

Attorney for Rogers speaks out

The lawyer for Micah Rogers says the foundation for Thursday's arrest began late last week. TigerNet has also learned one of the conditions of Rogers' bail. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Poor choice of lawyer...good for Clemson though.***

Jun 28, 2013, 5:15 PM

Frank Eppes is a great guy and a great attorney

Jul 6, 2013, 8:13 AM

He's a USuC fan but he's also a huge Danny Ford fan. Professionally, he's one of the best in town. His dad was the judge in Pickens for decades; good choice by the family.

This guys parents are stupid

Jun 28, 2013, 5:17 PM

I'm pretty sure I would be screening my phone calls and shutting down my facebook. They know this was coming, how were they expecting people to act. I see where the kid gets his smarts from.

His parents thought the Clemson fan base might have

Jun 30, 2013, 6:38 PM

some class. They were wrong.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever

Jun 30, 2013, 7:57 PM

This would happen with any college fan base in the nation. Maybe you should find a more classy university to cheer for.

Re: All We Know is this Kid was the Driver.

Jun 30, 2013, 10:46 PM [ in reply to This guys parents are stupid ]

What about the other two kids? He may have turned himself into the police. It only took a few seconds to vandalize. The rock should on be brought out for games anyway.

The kid better learn how to fight quick

Jun 28, 2013, 5:40 PM

multiple ### whippings are in his future

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Poor choice of lawyer...good for Clemson though.***

Jun 28, 2013, 5:40 PM

I take it you know the guy

Re: Front Page Story: Attorney for Rogers speaks out

Jun 28, 2013, 5:43 PM

This kid and his family need to pack up and move to the west coast or Canada. His parents are besieged with phone calls now...things haven't begun to get warmed up yet. If this punk (anyone who does this sort of thing deserves the name) is a Clemson fan, pity him and his family.

Maybe they should turn off their phones

Jun 28, 2013, 5:45 PM

Maybe head over to whoever their carrier is and change numbers. It's really not that hard, what did they expect was going to happen.

Re: Maybe they should turn off their phones

Jun 30, 2013, 6:45 AM

Maybe fans should act like human being and not morons

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he sure didn't. i know 2 wrongs don't make a right, but it

Jun 30, 2013, 7:23 AM

sure makes a guy feel better!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2013, 6:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Attorney for Rogers speaks out ]

This young man should give his soul to the Lord, 'cause his back side belongs to the Tiger fans. Stupid move doesn't even come close in describing what he has done to his future. He might as well have been a mass murderer based on what's going to happen to him if Clemson fans recognize him in public. He will be safer and happier in prison! :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2013, 6:07 PM

Mr Attorney, your Client is getting exactly what he ask for. When he made the decision to wreck and steal a part of Clemson's history and tradition that has been at the entrance of Death Valley for almost 5 decades. By your Client knowing that he has never given everything he had to give for the coaches and fans who come into Death Valley to see our Tigers fight, battle and bleed for every inch of the turf in Death Valley. He should have kept his FILTHY hands off of Frank Howard's and Clemson Nations Rock. Tell your client Mr. Attorney, he is getting exactly what he ask for. Signed, A Real Clemson fan for 50 years of Clemson sports. A Real fan that would never do anything that would upset or hurt our fans as he has done.
P S, If it don't belong to you Rogers, keep your filthy thieving hands off of it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2013, 6:23 PM

Some may not care but a friend of the kid's family called in on Walt's show and asked some mercy to be shown. The kid was brought up in a good home and raised right. His Dad is a minister. So take it for what it's worth.

Jun 28, 2013, 6:28 PM

lol, yeah, that's gonna happen. Wasn't raised too well, IMO. Stupid kid. Life just got real, and you're gonna have to deal with it.

Wow, if he is a fan, and I use the word "if" lightly, being

Jun 28, 2013, 7:11 PM

Banned from Clemson is worse than any jail time. Think the ban is a lifetime condition?

Think the ban is lifetime? If he wants to remain healthy.***

Jun 28, 2013, 7:58 PM

Re: Wow, if he is a fan, and I use the word "if" lightly, being

Jun 28, 2013, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Wow, if he is a fan, and I use the word "if" lightly, being ]

He will have to be a fan to the other school with good kids as this one is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LESSONS COST EXTRA!***

Jun 29, 2013, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Attorney for Rogers speaks out ]

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Not sure the meaning of 'raised right' is the same for me

Jun 28, 2013, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Attorney for Rogers speaks out ]

Someone raised right knows not to vandalize anything, let alone something that is supposed to mean something to a 'fan' as he is being reported to be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't care what his father is.***

Jun 28, 2013, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Attorney for Rogers speaks out ]

Jun 28, 2013, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Attorney for Rogers speaks out ]

Good kids don't trespass, deface, and steal things that mean so much to hundreds of thousands of good people. They can try and claim how good this kid is, but good kids at 18 don't do this sort of thing. They just don't!!!

Re: Problem is, he's not a kid, he's 18 and that make him

Jun 28, 2013, 10:40 PM

an adult!

Re: Problem is, he's not a kid, he's 18 and that make him

Jun 28, 2013, 11:55 PM

hahaha that's not a problem for us.

max him out judge

Jun 29, 2013, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Attorney for Rogers speaks out ]

> Some may not care but a friend of the kid's family
> called in on Walt's show and asked some mercy to be
> shown. The kid was brought up in a good home and
> raised right. His Dad is a minister. So take it for
> what it's worth.

funny how the kids who get in trouble with the law always "come from a good home."

Sorry, man, but none of us care.

Jun 29, 2013, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Attorney for Rogers speaks out ]

This kid and maybe even his family deserve every bit of hostility that is being shown to them at this time. Do you or they not realize the severity of this action or situation? What possesses an 18 year old to do something like this? If you ask me, he and his buddies need to be locked up in a mental institution because clearly, they do not demonstrate the civil abilities to walk among us citizens in society, and especially should not consider themselves fans of Clemson University. To ruin a Clemson tradition of almost 50 years for the hundreds of thousands of real Clemson fans, students, and alums because you want your own piece of the Rock completely blows my mind. I am more upset about the whole thing now then before when we found out it was broken. I am anxiously awaiting the motive as well as a public apology.

I've known plenty of ministers who weren't good parents

Jul 1, 2013, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Attorney for Rogers speaks out ]

And TONS of preachers' kids were hellraisers

Well said all orange!***

Jun 28, 2013, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Attorney for Rogers speaks out ]

You guys need to realize..

Jun 28, 2013, 7:14 PM

That your actions and reactions end up representing our university and our fan base. I have two degrees from Clemson and the vandalism was a bad thing. But in the end this misguided kid may have done us a favor. What if someone more calculating had gone in and took the entire rock? We see now how easily that could've been done. I did stupid things (nothing this dumb) and from some of y'all's comments I'm guessing you did more stupid things ;). I hope this kid gets a serious fine and is sentenced to community service every Saturday until he turns 21. And as Clemson fans we leave him alone to pay his debt for his stupidity.

Re: You guys need to realize..

Jun 28, 2013, 7:39 PM

While I agree nobody should be doing anything stupid that would damage Clemson's reputation, I don't see this as a simple damage to property case either. The rock is a historical relic whose price cannot be estimated. You'll excuse me for believing that community service and a fine no matter how great aren't adequate. i'd rather see this guy get a little time rather than them plea bargain it down to get him to roll over on his accomplices.

Exactly how true Cristain Tigers should handle it. IHope

Jun 28, 2013, 7:42 PM [ in reply to You guys need to realize.. ]

I am As true a Tiger Fan as anyone.My Doctor had to put me on Meds because i refused to stop watching my beloved tigers.That said, the first thing I will do is Pray for this young man and hope he learns from this and grows up to be a better person.I was angry too, at first and i am still upset. But threatening this immature 18yr old is not the way. I have tried with all i have to raise my three teenagers and the still make mistakes. ask yourselves what if it was your son that did this. you handle it the best you can. I would feel the same way even if it had been a COOT. TRUE CLEMSON TIGERS ARE BETTER THAN THAT!!!! I will pray for you all to see this.

Re: Exactly how true Cristain Tigers should handle it. IHope

Jun 28, 2013, 9:41 PM

Signed the Roger's family friend

Re: Exactly how true Cristain Tigers should handle it. IHope

Jun 28, 2013, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Exactly how true Cristain Tigers should handle it. IHope ]

True Clemson fans do have the same rights as you don't they. As in feeling what they feel in their own hearts like the way you did, but with feeling different than yours. Because I feel he should have to serve a couple of years time, with the max of the sentence being on probation with a $10,000 dollar fine to be paid by the end of his probation time. His sentence should be Five years suspended to serve Two years with 3 years probation and a $10,000 dollar fine to be paid to Clemson athletic's by the end of his probation... It that fair enough....

I agree with you on the punishment Hope they drop felony

Jun 28, 2013, 8:36 PM [ in reply to You guys need to realize.. ]

charge. I, my daughter, and son are grads and a season ticket holder for 44 years, but give the kid some slack as he is not a coot or a dog.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a chance!!***

Jun 28, 2013, 10:42 PM

You got be kidding...H#LL NO!*

Jun 28, 2013, 10:49 PM [ in reply to I agree with you on the punishment Hope they drop felony ]

Jun 28, 2013, 8:47 PM [ in reply to You guys need to realize.. ]

We should also remember there are two other fugitives that haven't come forward yet or been caught. Somehow I think this kid probably had less to do with the vandalism than the others. His truck, guilty by association, but I am intrigued at what the others will bring to the table.

Jun 28, 2013, 11:03 PM

All of them went in, all of them are guilty as one. The hands of one is the hands of all. South Carolina law!!!

Re:That is way to light.***

Jun 28, 2013, 10:04 PM [ in reply to You guys need to realize.. ]

Jun 28, 2013, 10:42 PM [ in reply to You guys need to realize.. ]

What if, doesn't make what he done lucky for us over what didn't happen. No body else stole the whole rock. It has been there for decades, and the phantom person that you are talking about didn't steal it. Three bad kids defaced and stole part of it.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Oh, thank you. We should be thankful

Jun 29, 2013, 12:36 AM [ in reply to You guys need to realize.. ]

that the entire rock wasn't damaged or stolen?? Well, thank you Micah for leaving some of the rock. Geeze.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll be the first to say, I was stupid at 18

Jun 28, 2013, 7:44 PM

I was a Clemson student and did a lot of really, really stupid things.

However, destruction of public property, much less Howard's rock, never crossed my mind. I have no pity for the kid. Simply no excuse.

I hear that Micah Rogers & Robert Nkemdiche are good friends and that Beverly Nkemdiche masterminded the whole thing******

Jun 28, 2013, 8:41 PM

Privacy?

Jun 28, 2013, 8:47 PM

You vandalized an iconic symbol of a public university with hundreds of thousands of alumni and many more fans. You commit the crime if you can't deal with the consequences of your actions.

One word of advice for the family......MOVE!

Jun 28, 2013, 9:40 PM

I feel sorry what this foolish youth just put his family through. It could get bad for them and I pray that they don't suffer for his foolish mistake. To say that he is a Clemson fan is an absolute joke. No Clemson fan would do this. We all did stupid stuff at that age, but there are certain lines you don't cross. You don't blaspheme God, disrespect your parents or harm your team's traditions............DON'T MESS WITH CU TRADITION!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: One word of advice for the family......MOVE!

Jun 28, 2013, 11:14 PM

Oh I surely hope that no one acts in the stupid way as these kids did. I don't think that this deserves any physical harm to no one and especially his family. They were most likely in the bed asleep when those kids were out breaking the law and pissssing off the entire Clemson Nation.

This kid will get more than the legal systems gives him

Jun 28, 2013, 10:37 PM

Probably need to move to Ecuador!!

Didn't the DA realize.....

Jun 28, 2013, 10:38 PM

he would be sought for vandalizing the Rock as soon as he did it? His prick lawyer says it was when he saw his truck on the video. The b@stard should be put in a cell with a bunch of horny apes on ######.

Re: Epps might need a little 'education' as well!!***

Jun 28, 2013, 10:45 PM

Jun 29, 2013, 12:08 AM

Thats what I thought when I read it. We've all made mistakes but this kid is going to get it all because he made a very dumb decision.

I wish no harm but will gladly wish that he gets a max

Jun 29, 2013, 12:10 AM

sentence, charges that are permanently on his record, and a fine of about $50,000 to buy us the a security system good enough to guard the Hope Diamond.

I can kinda understand wanting a piece of the rock though it's beyond selfish. But it takes a rare level of stupidity to think that level of execution is in any way covert. I mean the security camera at the stadium basically couldn't have been any worse (the rocks security system was embarrassingly pathetic) and he was still caught in about 10 days.

Why

Jun 29, 2013, 1:25 AM

I just want to know why? If he is a Clemson fan .... why would he do this? I think that a good punihment for him and his buddies would be to face the music and stand at the Rock at the 1st game so they can get a 1st hand knowledge of what that Rock means to REAL fans. Just my opinion.

Re: Why

Jun 29, 2013, 6:25 AM

I can just see the "riot" now when the stadium announcer says," Please welcome Micah and friends as they see how important Howard's Rock is to our Clemson fans."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why

Jul 1, 2013, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Why ]

I'd sooner die before I let that piece of crap or his friends anywhere REMOTELY close to my Rock again. In case you forgot, the last time he was near the Rock, he BROKE IT. He has a lifetime ban from campus anyways, thank the Lord.

Unfortunately for us, fortunately for judicial system....

Jun 29, 2013, 5:47 AM

Innocent until proven guilty is the law of the land. The attorney has covered this pretty well establishing that the client contacted him around his truck possibly being sought in relation to the vandalism. The attorney also stated the client has admitted to nothing. Us as a Clemson nation have to hope that this is all the attorney has and that the Clemson lawyers or justice department prove it out otherwise. It's great to have someone to pin it on but they have yet to PROVE he did it. Sucks, yes, but it is something that makes our country great. If MIcah is guilty, I hope they get him to turn on his friends, get the maximum legal conviction and never allow him in Clemson city limits again.

Re: Not sure the meaning of 'raised right' is the same for me

Jun 29, 2013, 7:23 AM

I've always told my boys that if they ever have a hard figuring out right and wrong, just ask themselves, "would this make my mother proud" and you'll have your answer.

Hopefully, his fellow inmates will build a

Jun 29, 2013, 7:33 AM

replica of the Rock and pedestal and bend him over it for daily reminders of how he's hurt Tiger fans everywhere!

Hey Parents-18 yr old from NC in Clemson 11pm Sunday Night?

Jun 29, 2013, 8:33 AM

Please explain that one! And a disgrace to Clemson nation. You knew from celebratory video it was some high school punks and hope they get the other two!

If they wanted privacy, they should have taught their child

Jun 29, 2013, 1:47 PM

not to destroy a public monument. They will have to deal with this for years to come.

agreed...want privacy act with respect...you don't draw attn

Jun 29, 2013, 4:26 PM

for acting responsibly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, like only bad parents have kids that do bad things***

Jun 30, 2013, 12:52 AM [ in reply to If they wanted privacy, they should have taught their child ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Gets it ^^^

Jun 30, 2013, 8:53 AM

That is not what I said

Jul 4, 2013, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Yeah, like only bad parents have kids that do bad things*** ]

I said if they wanted privacy they should have taught him not to destroy a public monument........They may have tried to teach him......but he still did it and they get no privacy now......that is just how the world works.

Just like any criminal.....fry and says they didn;t mena it when they get caught.

The Lincoln Memorial is a public monument

Jun 30, 2013, 6:39 PM [ in reply to If they wanted privacy, they should have taught their child ]

The Rock is a Clemson monument. Big difference.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Lincoln Memorial is a public monument

Jul 1, 2013, 3:24 PM

So, by that rationale, the kid has more right to deface a Clemson monument than a national monument?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Lincoln Memorial is a public monument, but you're wrong

Jul 4, 2013, 12:07 PM [ in reply to The Lincoln Memorial is a public monument ]

about Howard's Rock not being a public monument. Albeit a Clemson thing....by the true definitions of the words....It is indeed a PUBLIC MONUMENT!

I've included the definitions

pub·lic (pblk)
adj.
1. Of, concerning, or affecting the community or the people: the public good.
2. Maintained for or used by the people or community: a public park.
3. Capitalized in shares of stock that can be traded on the open market: a public company.
4. Participated in or attended by the people or community: "Opinions are formed in a process of open discussion and public debate" (Hannah Arendt).
5. Connected with or acting on behalf of the people, community, or government: public office.
6. Enrolled in or attending a public school: transit passes for public students.
7. Open to the knowledge or judgment of all: a public scandal.
n.
1. The community or the people as a whole.
2. A group of people sharing a common interest: the reading public.
3. Admirers or followers, especially of a famous person. See Usage Note at collective noun.
Idioms:

mon·u·ment (mny-mnt)
n.
1. A structure, such as a building or sculpture, erected as a memorial.
2. An inscribed marker placed at a grave; a tombstone.
3. Something venerated for its enduring historic significance or association with a notable past person or thing: the architectural monuments of ancient Rome; traditions that are monuments to an earlier era.

Re: That will equate to boocoo nutcutin's!!***

Jun 30, 2013, 9:46 PM [ in reply to If they wanted privacy, they should have taught their child ]

Wow. Can't believe what some "fans" are saying here....

Jun 30, 2013, 8:50 AM

It's why Coots and others call Clemson fans redneck hillbillies. Two degrees and a daughter who graduated in last couple of years, and neither of us wish any harm on this guy, appropriate justice for the action taken will be fine.

Class it up some folks. Put the pitchforks and torches down. It will be ok.

Two whole degrees and a smug comment on hillbillies?

Jun 30, 2013, 10:27 PM

I also have two degrees, could care less what some Gamecock fans say, and believe the kid should pay for his irresponsible and stupid crime.

I expect your daughter is a fine responsible young lady who does not destroy private property and landmarks.

Apparently your 2 degrees didn't help much...

Jul 1, 2013, 10:26 AM

if you can't discern my "hillibilly" statement that OTHERS make about Clemson fans from my feelings and belief on Clemson and MOST of its fan base. Go back and brush up on your reading for comprehension skills. That coming from an Engineer has to hurt. :)

Re: I hear Equador is taking traitors!!***

Jun 30, 2013, 9:47 PM

seems like it was a test. Be Strong Clemson Faithful

Jul 1, 2013, 9:22 AM

Do not let this little blind ignorant kid anger you. He wants you to get mad and he wants you to put the focus on him and his vandalism. IGNORE the little guy. He is a little runt. The law will deal with him. Flick him off and focus on our great season that is coming. Trying to ruin what I predicted what would happen earlier in the year. Realize. See the tests of the enemy and overcome them brothers and sisters. Remember this

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13892872

Even Christ was angry when he saw peddlers in His temple

Jul 1, 2013, 9:28 AM

This was no "test", it was a stupid, classless act which also happened to be a felony. Wake up one morning with your windshield smashed, or your tires slashed, or your car keyed and we'll see if you aren't mad. That's not even a good analogy. The Rock is a pricless piece of tradition and history, and one does not simply turn the other cheek in a situation like this. Any true Clemson fan worth their salt would know that.

Did you even read what I wrote? The RC is not very good

Jul 2, 2013, 6:41 AM

from some of you people. Why are you even attacking me? I said for fans to ignore the kid and let the LAW punish him. I am not telling authority to ignore him, I am telling fans too...... Comprehende my compadre?

Replies: 75
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic