Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Blossomgame undergoes leg surgery Tuesday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Blossomgame undergoes leg surgery Tuesday

Jun 25, 2013, 3:44 PM

Blossomgame undergoes leg surgery Tuesday

Clemson forward Jaron Blossomgame underwent surgery Tuesday to aid the healing of the compound fracture of his left leg that occurred last April. This is the second surgery within the last 13 months for the 6-foot-7 swingman, Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer Lowered - unbelievable.

Jun 25, 2013, 3:55 PM

Our season next year, and perhaps Brad Brownell's future at Clemson, depended in large part on how good Blossomgame really turned out to be and how much of an impact he was able to make early on. I know they are trying to put a positive spin on this, but this is bad on a couple of different levels and unfortunate for Jaron, coach Brownell, and the whole program. Dang.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

My thoughts exactly when I read the article.

Jun 25, 2013, 4:06 PM

Hopefully he recovers quickly.

The number one priority should be get this kid's leg...

Jun 25, 2013, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Deer Lowered - unbelievable. ]

healed first, then worry about Brownell and the program. The last thing we need is to try to rush the healing process and have him permanently injure himself. I hope the team is encouraging him to take his time. If it takes two years it takes two years.

Re: The number one priority should be get this kid's leg...

Jun 25, 2013, 5:04 PM

I don't think anyone is rushing this through for the good of the basketball program and to the detriment of Jaron. This is my opinion on the subject !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A bit overstated

Jun 25, 2013, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Deer Lowered - unbelievable. ]

BB's future is not and does not depend on one player. Is it a set-back, yes. Is it catastrophic, no.

BB is an outstanding coach and will succeed to the degree Clemson wants him to succeed but he does NOT take shortcuts. He will not work the AAU circuit because he flat out says he will not cheat. He is developing a decent rhythm with recruiting, is a great developer of talent, is not going to be out-coached on the sidelines; with some patience, that will work. Give the man some resources and he'll put out a very, very good team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A bit overstated

Jun 25, 2013, 5:03 PM

Yep, I believe so to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A bit overstated

Jun 25, 2013, 5:09 PM [ in reply to A bit overstated ]

very well said.. I am big BB supporter! he will get us there if he gets the support and resources he needs

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll see. I'm a big Brownell fan, but regardless of the

Jun 25, 2013, 6:36 PM [ in reply to A bit overstated ]

reasons, I don't see any school who is serious about winning hanging on to a head basketball coach who has 3 extremely disappointing seasons in a row; and that's exactly what we may have if some shooters and scorers don't emerge. Blossomgame was supposed to be one of those shooters/scorers. It sure ain't gonna come from anybody we had last year, except maybe for Roper.

If we are going to commit to the basketball program in a big way with new facilities that will allow us to compete within our conference (and it appears that we will), then I would be all for keeping Brownell if that is the decision. If not, then I would understand completely.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Deer Lowered - unbelievable.

Jun 25, 2013, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Deer Lowered - unbelievable. ]

I don't think that D Rad will pull the trigger on Brownell knowing that he has issues will players being hurt and to graduation of a few decent players. And we all knew that it would take Brownell a while to get it going at Clemson. It wasn't like Pernell left the cupboards full of 4 and 5* recruits waiting to be taken to the final 4. I personally hope that he don't anyway....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Blossomgame undergoes leg surgery Tuesday

Jun 25, 2013, 5:21 PM

Yep basketball curse alive and well.

Encouraging the quality young man to maintain his studies

Jun 25, 2013, 11:13 PM

Hoping and praying for a full recovery which cannot be controlled - hitting the books can be controlled and is crucial. Whether you fully recover your game or not you can always succeed with your degree. Keep working hard in therapy and in the classroom and best of luck to you ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe his injury is the same one

Jun 26, 2013, 10:04 AM

that the player from Louisville suffered in the NCAA tournament. A lot more serious than a simple broken leg.

Re: I believe his injury is the same one

Jun 26, 2013, 4:49 PM

I talked to coach B about the injury and you are correct, it is the same injury that we all witnessed on national TV.

I want to chime in on a the subject about Coach B winning or losing based on specific players. Please understand that BB had to come out and play against some of the best teams in the conference with only about 3/4 of his real team. Devin C was out and had played very well towards the end of the previous year. Jeron was injured and was coming in as one of the top high school players in the region. It will hard convincing true Clemson fans that the two guys mentioned would not have made a difference.

The Tigers were forced to play survival ball practically the entire year. Clemson will also never be able to get the level of talent in Tigertown as those can from Raleigh and Chapel Hill. I think coach B did about all he could with what he had. I would have challenged any coach to come in and do a better job with the players he had. They had Miami beat. They had NC State beat. They also had a FSU beat. One changed play in each of these games and the Tigers would have looked pretty good.

Last thing, coach b does not cheat. He is by the book. My opinion is, there are only a few bigs who can compete well on the high D1 level. The 4 and 5 stars will never go to CU because they have more INCENTIVES to attend some of the others. Now, CU is left with the 2, 3's and unrated. Yes, he needs to have a better season than last year. With the addition of a few players, more experience, and some guys coming back from injuries, the season will be better, but will it be good enough for CU's satisfaction.

Apparently, I am a supporter, but if the administration is expecting BB to consistently win and place in the top 2 or 3 in ACC, yes they better keep looking.

I just hope...

Jun 27, 2013, 12:13 PM

he isn't another year away from being 100%.

Re: I just hope...

Jun 27, 2013, 3:06 PM

I totally agree. To win the games that we are supposed to win and a couple that we are not expected to win, BB will need to have all hands on deck. I know this for sure, he is in rare form right now. He is not only taking the time to be present during training, conditioning, and work-outs, he is hands on. I really thing we will see some things happen with Clemson this year that a lot of people are not expecting. I am pumped.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic