Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Iconic Howard's Rock Defaced
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Iconic Howard's Rock Defaced

Jun 12, 2013, 8:46 PM

Iconic Howard's Rock Defaced

The rumors are true – Howard’s Rock, an iconic and important part of Clemson football history – has been defaced.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Iconic Howard's Rock Defaced

Jun 12, 2013, 8:51 PM

We will have a gallery of pics shortly.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm looking forward to the gallery pics after we catch

Jun 12, 2013, 9:18 PM

the sumbitch who did it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Ben Tillman is scanning surveillance video as we write.

Jun 13, 2013, 11:37 AM

Sharpening the pitchfork tines. It's a little known fact that Ben, in his afterlife, has become decidedly non-racist. Now, he only hates coots. But he WILL open up the can of pitchfork on anyone who messes with Frank Howard's rock.

Jun 12, 2013, 8:53 PM

To jail with the USuCk Coot, same as the Bama/Auburn tree poison guy!!!

so you're telling me

Jun 12, 2013, 8:55 PM

that in our multi million dollar stadium we don't have a 10 dollar camera facing the rock? theres no way we don't have pics of who did this. no way.

Exactly. Leak the pics and Tnet will resolve by morning*****

Jun 12, 2013, 8:57 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2013_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Iconic Howard's Rock Defaced

Jun 12, 2013, 8:55 PM

Harvey Updike just got out of jail yesterday

Time to hire a full time guard. If we're not careful

Jun 12, 2013, 8:56 PM

the whole Rock will disappear before long. That would be unimaginable; far worse than spending $100k or so a year on 24 hour protection. At a minimum, security cameras should be installed.

like these guys?

Jun 12, 2013, 9:52 PM
guard.jpg(10.5 K)

Re: Time to hire a full time guard. If we're not careful

Jun 12, 2013, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Time to hire a full time guard. If we're not careful ]

We need to have a camera facing the case and an alarm installed so that if the case breaks everyone nearby will know. Maybe we had/have both...sure as #### hope so!

Re: Time to hire a full time guard. If we're not careful

Jun 12, 2013, 11:23 PM

A camera won't catch a S O a real B like the one that did that. Cowards like them wear ski mask b/c cowards are gutless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

time to burn down a cluckaboose

Jun 12, 2013, 8:56 PM

This aggression will not stand.

Re: time to burn down a cluckaboose

Jun 12, 2013, 10:47 PM

Haha...just bomb their stadium...might not get the message though!

Did they ever catch the vandals who damaged the rock in

Jun 12, 2013, 8:57 PM

The 80's?

I fear we may need to lock up the rock and bring it out on game day.

I would hate to do that, but unfortunately, with what society is becoming, if we don't do this, someone will eventually steal it or damage it beyond use.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2013, 8:59 PM

you can tell it was a coot as they did a $hitty job of it!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Why no Video Camera

Jun 12, 2013, 9:00 PM

I say lets start a movement to have one installed, the cost word be very minor
Yes I will put my money in the pot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep ... We have webcams showing a dozen different campus areas ...

Jun 12, 2013, 9:02 PM

... why not have a webcam pointed at "The Rock" 24/7 ??

Seems simple enough.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep ... We have webcams showing a dozen different campus areas ...

Jun 13, 2013, 9:42 AM

That is simple but it wouldn't keep them from doing it...or STEALING it! We need to build the vault and raise it as the team rounds the corner on game day!

www.Rockwatch.com

Jun 13, 2013, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Yep ... We have webcams showing a dozen different campus areas ... ]

24 hour servailance.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Jun 12, 2013, 9:07 PM

Of course no one is shocked. This is what everyone has come to expect from SCar fans and players. Especially after losing.

Revenge is a dish best served cold

Jun 12, 2013, 9:16 PM

Let this be a warning coot fans. We may not get revenge today or tomorrow but it's coming soon!

Revenge is a dish best served cold

Jun 12, 2013, 9:16 PM

Let this be a warning coot fans. We may not get revenge today or tomorrow but it's coming soon!

Re: Revenge is a dish best served cold

Jun 12, 2013, 10:06 PM

> Let this be a warning coot fans. We may not get
> revenge today or tomorrow but it's coming soon!

You might want to start by learning how not to double post.
Why would a SC fan want to damage the rock? That thing has brought us great luck over the past four years. We don't want to screw up any of our mojo right now so I highly doubt a SC fan did it. Of course, you do play UGA soon and their fan base is pretty over the top.

But hey, if it makes you sleep better or feel that a "revenge" for something will help you win next fall, so be it.

Get back to your dirt, ######.***

Jun 12, 2013, 10:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The rock holds a lot more history than Carolina's 4 year

Jun 13, 2013, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Revenge is a dish best served cold ]

football history. You have to realize others enjoyed the sport for the last 100 or so years. Not just the last 4. One day maybe you'll understand, but probably not.

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

It was Lee Corso again!***

Jun 12, 2013, 9:25 PM

Only Clemson is to blame...

Jun 12, 2013, 9:31 PM

Put shatter proof glass around it (speand money to protect a real investmest) or protect the stadium properly. No one to blame but Clemson themselves. They obviously were not serious about preventing what happened. Not surprising.

Re: Only Clemson is to blame...

Jun 12, 2013, 9:42 PM

you tell'em coot F4ck

Coots are to blame and you will pay dearly or deerly

Coot much?***

Jun 12, 2013, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Only Clemson is to blame... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Man, I hate it when....

Jun 13, 2013, 1:44 AM [ in reply to Only Clemson is to blame... ]

the criminal can put the blame on Clemson. No way it was the thug's fault.
Clemson is indeed at fault for the choice of this idiot's to try to detroy The Rock. It is Clemson's fault that this thug chose to break the law. It is Clemson's fault...plain and simple.

PS: I bet when your kids get in trouble, they were just at the wrong place at the wrong time....or it was the other bad people that they chose to hang out with........Or could it be that your kids WERE the wrong people?

I kind of agree

Jun 13, 2013, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Only Clemson is to blame... ]

If in fact there are no security cameras in Death Valley and on Howard's Rock, somebody in the AD needs to be held accountable for that. I think cameras would've been deterrent enough to prevent what happened, and at least would've given us a chance to catch those who did it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is the only solution:

Jun 12, 2013, 9:33 PM

Idiots will be with us forever.

Time now to case the rock in a see-through, tough cover from the pedestal to the rock. Keep it covered until home ball games and take the cover off when the team is at the top of the hill.

Get it done and get it done NOW!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is the only solution:

Jun 12, 2013, 9:43 PM

This will be all forgotten in a few days.

Re: Here is the only solution:

Jun 12, 2013, 9:46 PM

Um what planet are you smoking dope on?

Uranus?***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hot tub time machine?

Jun 12, 2013, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Here is the only solution: ]

Reliving the 80's?

Can I be on the jury when they find the perp

Jun 12, 2013, 9:45 PM

I would be fair. Only life in prison instead of the chair.

Re: Re: Here is the only solution:

Maybe by your coot buddies.

Do a Reward For info - They would turn on their Mother

for a grand or two. If Crump will do it, I am in for a C note.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

That makes me want to rape a chicken.***

Jun 12, 2013, 10:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That makes me want to rape a chicken.***

Jun 13, 2013, 12:15 AM

YUCK, you can't be serious enough to to soil yourself with one of those fowl cockwhores. Coot locker room when we leave cootlumbia in November.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzCdQ45GxuWIV774ETMsakTGIM3i6pvI9T23yPgTPhOpJ-gbDj7w

Re: That makes me want to rape a chicken.***

Jun 13, 2013, 12:16 AM [ in reply to That makes me want to rape a chicken.*** ]

YUCK, you can't be serious enough to to soil yourself with one of those fowl cockwhores. Coot locker room when we leave cootlumbia in November.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzCdQ45GxuWIV774ETMsakTGIM3i6pvI9T23yPgTPhOpJ-gbDj7w

TD Tigers also blames America

For 9/11

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Hey coot

Jun 12, 2013, 10:09 PM

Why does history always start 4 years ago? The Rock has been here for a century. Idiot

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Hey coot

Jun 12, 2013, 11:54 PM

On September 24, 1966, the first time Clemson players ran by the rock, they beat conference rival Virginia, 40-35.[

just saying, before calling someone an idiot... make sure you know a century is 100 years lol. carry on.

Jun 12, 2013, 10:17 PM

It was Dabo, he's trying to fire ya'll up for the season opener.

Jun 13, 2013, 12:21 AM

This is fired up in November's last regular game of the season.

I'd suggest blowing up WB cockroach, but that would

Jun 12, 2013, 10:35 PM

be doing the coots a favor...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: I'd suggest blowing up WB cockroach, but that would

Jun 12, 2013, 11:00 PM

I am with you on that. Luckily the rock was not shattered...we need to: a.)bring back cruel and unusual punishment; b.) protect the rock for real now.

Re: I'd suggest blowing up WB cockroach, but that would

Jun 13, 2013, 12:25 AM [ in reply to I'd suggest blowing up WB cockroach, but that would ]

Roundup on every grassy area on coot campus. OOOPS, sorry, that whole campus is on concrete. WB would be the best place for some good ole Roundup.

Arise, Pitchfork

Jun 13, 2013, 12:27 AM

It is time to do you most witching deed...

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

At least it wasn't a tree....I

Jun 13, 2013, 8:06 AM

blame Global Warming....lol

Whos Nube?***

Jun 13, 2013, 8:24 AM

Surely we have video surveillance of the Rock at all times***

Jun 13, 2013, 9:50 AM

Jun 19, 2013, 10:36 PM

I am a Tiger fan who is a chaplain in a hospital. I work with a nurse who is a Gamecock fan. We were talking and she commented how stupid it was for anyone to deface the property of another school even if it is a rival. She talked about how hurtful it was when Williams Brice was vandalized a few years ago. She even come up with an idea about protecting "the rock." She suggested having an underground silo built so that the rock could be lowered into the ground and locked up and then raised up on game day. I know it would make it unavailable except on game day, but it would prevent vandalism. There could also be a new tradition started where the rock was raised just before the team came from the buses to the top of the hill. Just a thought, But it was good that a gamecock fan was irritated about the vandalism too.

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic