Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Fast-rising 2015 QB leaves Clemson with offer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Fast-rising 2015 QB leaves Clemson with offer

Jun 6, 2013, 8:39 PM

Fast-rising 2015 QB leaves Clemson with offer

Tyler Queen, one of the top quarterbacks out of the state of Georgia in the 2015 recruiting cycle, impressed offensive coordinator Chad Morris so much during Thursday's second camp session that he walked away with an offer from the Tigers Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Judging by his comments on playing time, he will probably

Jun 6, 2013, 10:29 PM

not end up committing to Clemson.

Re: Judging by his comments on playing time, he will probably

Jun 7, 2013, 12:34 AM

That depends on how Watson pans out. Everything points to him being great but you never know till they suit up. This also has the potential of being a Morris recruit that follows him somewhere if he leaves.

Well, he's in no worse position than Watson is right now.

Jun 7, 2013, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Judging by his comments on playing time, he will probably ]

If you assume Kelly is the man next year by virtue of two years experience in CM's offense, then Watson will redshirt. If Kelly holds on to the starting job, Watson's RS Freshman year will be spent backing up Kelly in his RS Junior year. If Kelly declares for the draft, Watson would be the starter as a RS Soph. By that time, Queen would be the backup as a RS Freshman. That isn't a bad situation at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

You're right, and to be honest, I think he's going to learn

Jun 7, 2013, 11:07 AM

he's going to find competition where ever he decides to play...not just at Clemson.

Surprised you didn't mention

Jun 6, 2013, 11:55 PM

His dad is a very successful HS Head Coach. North Cobb is about 7 miles from me and Coach Queen spends a lot of time working with the local rec leagues (has helped me personally with coaching) and middle schools developing players. Tyler is one of a number of very good HS QB's from his dad's system, which is similar to Morris', and is a serious student of the game.
He would be a great fit but if we hold Watson (which I think we will), he may look elsewhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Surprised you didn't mention

Jun 7, 2013, 9:10 AM

I too have seen Tyler Queen play every HS game. He would be a great addition to Clemson. Reminds me of a young Boyd, plays just like him on the field.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Fast-rising 2015 QB leaves Clemson with offer

Jun 7, 2013, 12:01 PM

Judging by his size and weight. He's more of a TE then anything. My ex-wife's cousin WILL BRUNSON I think will be more favorable for Clemson. Great Pocket presence, Good footwork, Strong/Accurate Arm, Tall, Fast, and a darn good defensive read type QB. JMO though.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic