Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tim Boyd on Tajh: Cut down on interceptions, beat South Carolina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tim Boyd on Tajh: Cut down on interceptions, beat South Carolina

Jun 3, 2013, 11:23 AM

Tim Boyd on Tajh: Cut down on interceptions, beat South Carolina

The father of Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd says that his son has room for improvement, even after last season's stellar campaign? How focused is Tajh on getting better? What about chemistry with Sammy Watkins? How important is beating South Carolina? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had we kept running the ball like on that pic we win

Jun 3, 2013, 11:28 AM

The zone read ate Clowney up all game and yet we stopped doing it. Makes no sense. You don't stop running the ball unless they other teams forces you to do so. Same thing happened in the FSU game.

Morris likes to keep it 50-50

Jun 3, 2013, 11:58 AM

I've seen the same thing in these games like you did but again I am no Morris and neither are you. I felt that if we kept running it, we would have won at least one of those games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: Morris likes to keep it 50-50

Jun 4, 2013, 3:45 PM

I think that's great and I like to stay 50 / 50 too, but it would have been nice for the headcoach or someone to say, let run it at Clowney a few more downs per series to keep him out of our backfield. Not too mention he locks in on a QB and you can run right by him, unless he shifts inside and you leave him uncovered AKA Michigan. Guy gets more air time for basically tackling a tackling dummy with his eyes closed. He can be completely neutralized if you run it at him enough. Not to mention we will have some nice sized backs pick him up. Loved AE, but he was a little undersized to take on some defenders. Although that didn't stop him from laying a lick on them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: Had we kept running the ball like on that pic we win

Jun 3, 2013, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Had we kept running the ball like on that pic we win ]

So what are you saying? That Morris is not smart enough to stay with a 'winning' game plan? C'mon! Quit making that same old tired excuse. Ward starting loading the box so we couldn't run on them. Otherwise, we would need to get rid of 'the Chad' for not figuring out what it takes to win.

Re: Front Page Story: Tim Boyd on Tajh: Cut down on interceptions, beat South Carolina

Jun 3, 2013, 11:33 AM

we've had some good qb - wr duos but I think TB and Nuk is about our best. It wasnt just statistics either. Sometime the D would know where the ball was going and couldnt stop it. The 4-16 just typlifes that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The numbers say you are right, but Fuller/Butler get my vote***

Jun 3, 2013, 5:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trying to remember an interception that cost us a win.

Jun 3, 2013, 11:40 AM

I'm all in agreement that fewer interceptions is a worthy goal, but honestly, our losses last year were not directly attributable to Tajh throwing picks and I disagree that cutting his interception total in half would have resulted in two more wins.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There were 2 interceptions that cost us

Jun 3, 2013, 11:43 AM

scoring chances...one in each half...main culprit however in the coot game was our endless failures on 3rd down defense.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Exactly ... we couldn't stop them and they stopped us.

Jun 3, 2013, 12:08 PM

Running only 59 plays was a big part of it and the reason we only ran 59 was because we couldn't get SCAR offense off the field.

had a pretty big one late in USUC game with us only down 3

Jun 3, 2013, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Trying to remember an interception that cost us a win. ]

not sure if we would have scored, but that cost us atleast the chance of go ahead or tying. It also gave USUC the ball back with good field position against a tired defense. They ended up scoring their last td on this drive for the 10 pt lead.

also, didnt he have one late against FSU that gave them

Jun 3, 2013, 11:50 AM

the ball inside of field goal range. Now im not laying these losses on him cause I think there was definitely more glaring issues in those games, but you never know how a play here or there can change momentum in a hurry due to our style of offense.

94 yard KO return was the nail in coffin vs FSU.

Jun 3, 2013, 12:09 PM

Picks didn't help for sure, but we were on the plus side of turnovers in both our losses, I believe.

agree that they were not solely on is shoulders

Jun 3, 2013, 12:30 PM

but if you ask the question "what if" he didnt throw the pick could the outcome have changed to a win and the answer is yes it could have led to wins (it may not have but it could have)

In FSU we are only down 42-31 with 13 minutes left, they intercept and take 49-31 lead. If he hadnt thrown the pick, we are still within 2 scores. A score of any kind there would have stopped their momentum and would have maybe put them back on their heals. Instead we throw a pick and give them more momentum. If you say no way, look at LSU game to see what could have happened. Imagine the LSU outcome if instead of getting that first td to get the ball rolling he throws an interception instead.

USUC game we are down 3 with the ball, our defense is gassed and he throws a pick giving them good field position and putting an already tired defense back on the field. Even if we didnt score we could have given the defense a little more breathing time and could have punted to make them go the whole field to score.

Again, I want to stress that I am not saying these losses were solely his fault, I fully realize other things played into us losing these games. I am just pointing out that his dad's statement could be correct that if not for a few interceptions we possibly could have won the games we lost. Momentum can do strange things.

Re: agree that they were not solely on is shoulders

Jun 3, 2013, 8:31 PM

I really do not want to be negative, but Boyd's most glaring weakness is his inability to check down and scan the field. In the spring game, Victor Beasley mentioned this after he intercepted two of Boyd's passes. The defensive coordinator at South Carolina noticed the same thing and he set his defense with this weakness in mind. I just hope that Boyd learns to throw the ball away before he stares down a receiver and the defensive backs just watch his eyes.

Re: Had we kept running the ball like on that pic we win

Jun 3, 2013, 11:40 AM

I agree 100%

Game plan

Jun 3, 2013, 11:43 AM

Def wasnt tajh's fault we lose those 2 games. We were running by clowney but the change in game plan to go for throat every play and throw the ball put the game in clowneys hands!

game plan, so we can pin that on the coaching staff....I do***

Jun 3, 2013, 11:54 AM

I think a 3-1 TD-INT ratio is pretty good. You'd always like

Jun 3, 2013, 12:38 PM

to see fewer picks but when he's throwing that many passes (and TDs) it's not that big of a deal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think a 3-1 TD-INT ratio is pretty good. You'd always like

Jun 4, 2013, 5:44 PM

Throw fewer interceptions, and beat USC. Wow! Glad to have a peek into the mind of a genius.

Re: Front Page Story: Tim Boyd on Tajh: Cut down on interceptions, beat South Carolina

Jun 3, 2013, 12:41 PM

It upsets me he is so focused on beating South Carolina. Thats how you lose ballgames is over thinking it. We have the team to beat them, we don't need to ponder it all year long, especially our gunslinger. A few years back it wasn't even a worry. Times are changing here in Pickens

Jun 3, 2013, 1:46 PM

I agree that Boyd should not focus on SUCK at this time - plenty of time for that later. However, somewhere in the back of Boyd's mind has to be the thought that he could go down in the record books as one of the greatest CLEMSON QB's of all time - but could NOT beat SUCK. At least I would be that way. By now, Boyd and all of our coaches should understand that beating SUCK is important to our fans. Just saying.

Run the football, beat South Carolina. Our coaches lost that

Jun 3, 2013, 2:11 PM

game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 3, 2013, 3:42 PM

I guess you can say it either way - had the offense kept the ball more, the defense would have been better off OR if the defense had stopped the other team more, the offense would have had more chances. Football is a team sport. Also, I agree with whoever said the "we" are over thinking this. You don't play team logos or school names, you play against other players and coaches. If you win the battles with the scheme and the individual players, you win. If not, the other team wins.

+1.***

Jun 3, 2013, 3:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better footwork---his back foot throws keep going high

Jun 3, 2013, 8:46 PM

Going to get a receiver killed going over the middle. This would also cut down on the INTs.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic