Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Ben Boulware: The recruit that almost got away
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Ben Boulware: The recruit that almost got away

May 28, 2013, 10:58 AM

Ben Boulware: The recruit that almost got away

Ben Boulware, the 4-star 2013 linebacker commit out of Anderson's T.L. Hanna High School, had to wait to get an offer from the Tigers. A coaching change meant an offer eventually arrived, and now the Tigers don't have to think about the one that got away. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Ben Boulware: The recruit that almost got away

May 28, 2013, 11:07 AM

Not sure what Steele was looking for that this guy didn't have. I will say to be DC and in charge of LB's I always felt Steele's guys were the least noticeable unit on the D. I think BV's LB's make a much bigger impact on the game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a stud that become the No.1 player in the state

May 28, 2013, 11:10 AM

and we almost let him get away because Steele didn't think he fit his style of LB. What style was that exactly? The LB that never lead the team in tackles because they were so frozen from a difficult scheme that they were always a play behind?

Yep - I'm pretty sure that was a LB's role in Steele's D.

May 28, 2013, 11:32 AM

Tajh Boyd is too short, Nuk Hopkins is too slow, CJ Spiller is too small, blah blah blah and now Boulware was almost too something. Praise the Good Lord above that common sense sometimes still prevails and football players that can play and have proven it on the field get a chance, even if it flies in the face of conventional wisdom which relies so heavily on measureables.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: He's a stud that become the No.1 player in the state

May 28, 2013, 1:51 PM [ in reply to He's a stud that become the No.1 player in the state ]

Yep, the only time Steele's LB's knew where the ball was, was when the Reff was spotting it after the play was over.;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frankly, I would've recruited him simply on his Twitter feed

May 28, 2013, 11:11 AM

alone, kid is hilarious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Can't believe Steele passed on him smh. Anyway, the last

May 28, 2013, 11:16 AM

paragraph makes it sound like he raced dirt bikes with a bone sticking out of his leg.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

So, let me see if I have this straight. He raced a dirt

May 28, 2013, 11:23 AM

bike with a compound fracture in his leg? Wow, that's tough. I wonder how he can run on that thing so well?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

That's the way I read it

May 28, 2013, 11:25 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13929180

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Of course. We're a couple of geniuses.***

May 28, 2013, 11:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I think there was a story about Garrett...

May 28, 2013, 1:26 PM [ in reply to So, let me see if I have this straight. He raced a dirt ]

before baseball season began mentioning the dirtbike injuries.

I think Garrett broke his arm and his dad came out there to make him finish the race and the mom let it slide. However, either Garrett or Ben (probably Ben) broke their leg and their mother went nuts on their dad for trying to make them finish that race.

The story is along those lines...cannot remember all the details now.

Re: I think there was a story about Garrett...

May 28, 2013, 3:12 PM

His dad tried to help him finish the race by using duct tape to secure the leg, if I remember the article correctly. Might have been in the Anderson Independent but not sure.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

May 28, 2013, 1:03 PM

I say let this young man and Kellen Jones roam the middle and bring back memories of JEFF DAVIS!!!

These boys love to HIT and make tackles!! What a message that would send to those "SEC" Dawgs paying a visit in 96 days!!

Go TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2013, 1:08 PM

Not surprised Steele is no longer here...passing on Boulware what the h3ll was he thinking?!!!!

May 28, 2013, 1:54 PM

He did his thinking with his eyes;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The recruit that almost got away

May 28, 2013, 2:24 PM

Where Boulware is aware of it, he was snubbed by what Bleacher Report says was one of the 10 ten worst coaching hires in the history of NCAA football....Steele came in at #6 I think with the Baylor Bears, and to be in the top 10 is just amazing....that should tell everyone what he knows about the talent end of the game...and I have to be honest when we took down LSU last season, I was relieved to realize he was a member of Miles' staff, not ours...

+1.***

May 28, 2013, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Ben Boulware: The recruit that almost got away ]

possibly another reason Steele is not here

May 28, 2013, 2:27 PM

How can you not take a chance on a local guy?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, you've got to keep good relations with local schools

May 28, 2013, 2:31 PM

We own Daniel and have gotten great talent from that school. You always win with athlete's in your backyard. if not then somethings wrong.

May 28, 2013, 3:10 PM

Steele was an idiot for not offering this young man

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

And to think there are probably people that still think

May 28, 2013, 3:34 PM

Steele was a good coach.. not sure how many arguments I got into with people during Steele's tenure, but I bet it was 100 if it was 1..

Just another nail in Steele's coffin---inept egomaniac

May 28, 2013, 3:46 PM

Thought all his BS rhetoric made him look & sound smart, but all it turned out to be is more lipstick on a pig.

Steele....

May 28, 2013, 9:10 PM

What an idiot. Lawd I'm glad he's gone.

Re: Steele....

May 28, 2013, 11:26 PM

It did look like a good hire at the time, poaching the Alabama DC. Second choice after the other guy from Dillon chose to go be the DC at LSU.

May 29, 2013, 9:00 AM

Our Dillon 2nd choice would have been a Home Run in any park as far as I'm concerned. BUT, I have no doubts that BV will be Four Aces for us when he gets all BV hand picked recruits in his line up!!!

May 31, 2013, 2:53 AM

Time for our third Dillon guy to really fix the economy.

Re: Re: I think there was a story about Garrett...

May 28, 2013, 11:36 PM

I love the fact that he raced motocross, those guys compete with a reckless abandon that is pretty unique to their sport and I can't wait to see how it translates on to the field, if the underarmour bowl was any indication we are in for a treat!!!

Would not surprise me to...

May 29, 2013, 1:48 PM

see BB play as a true Fr.
Especially since the careers of Parker and Townsend are
done.

agree?

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic