Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Spring Winners: Offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Spring Winners: Offense

May 7, 2013, 11:13 AM

Spring Winners: Offense

Spring practice was a chance for players to increase their stock with the coaches and compete for a chance at playing time in the fall. Who made the most of their spring on the offensive side of the ball? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Spring Winners: Offense

May 7, 2013, 11:44 AM

Interesting how Kelly plans to be back for some of the season but Cooper is out for the season. Maybe that is due to the severity of the injury or the position played. Time will tell either way I guess

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can only guess that the desire to get Kelly back at some

May 7, 2013, 3:19 PM

point next season stems from the fact he's the likely starter in 2014 and he and the coaches both want him to get some kind of live game experience before then.

How long does it take to get a ruling on a medical hardship from the NCAA? It seems like it would be worth it to try, and if he gets denied, then maybe we can try to get him snaps in games like The Citadel.

Medical hardship is not an option for Kelly

May 7, 2013, 3:22 PM

It is not even being pursued.

I heard it wasn't being pursued, but why is it not an option

May 7, 2013, 3:26 PM

Was an explanation ever given for that? Why have numerous other players been granted hardships yet it's not an option for Kelly?

I posted this last Friday

May 7, 2013, 3:29 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1232936&tstart=280

It's an explanation of the hardship rules. I received one as a college baseball player.

If he's anywhere close to his potential...

May 7, 2013, 7:49 PM [ in reply to I can only guess that the desire to get Kelly back at some ]

He's gone after 2015 anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Kelly and Cooper

May 7, 2013, 1:19 PM

I would MUCH prefer they wait till next year....100% healthy than rush back this year and risk further injury. They are both much to talented (both future starters) to risk it.

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mcclain

May 7, 2013, 1:23 PM

I smell a two point conversion play in the making! Him being an eligible receiver in a goal line formation would blend in perfectly for a nice little TE drag play.

Re: Mcclain

May 7, 2013, 9:00 PM

I would love to see McClain being trained to play right tackle verses left tackle. He seems to have better athleticism than Timothy. I cannot forget how the Virginia Tech defensive line abused Timothy last year. Our offensive line will really need to improve as the season progresses. Florida State will have an awesome defensive line this year. The whole team is full of four and five star defensive linemen. Some of our second team offensive linemen may need to grow up during this game.

Re: Mcclain

May 7, 2013, 10:42 PM

Well, Florida State lost their three best defensive linemen to the draft.

I'd rather face a bunch of unproven players than Werner, Jenkins and Carradine...regardless of star billing.

Re: Front Page Story: Spring Winners: Offense

May 7, 2013, 1:34 PM

Jordan Leggett was a welcome surprise - along with Cole Stoudt's improvement, but Martavis Bryant has been a formidable threat for quite a while. He just wasn't used enough IMO. Quite honestly, I can't remember anyone really being able to cover him - especially on deep routes. He is even better, but I consider him almost as big a threat as Watkins - yeah I said that. For some reason, defenders just under-estimate Bryant or just simply can't cover the guy. Whatever - all of these guys look like they are fast becoming true TIGERS. Looking forward to another awesome season.

I'd like to believe that Stoudt has really improved, but

May 7, 2013, 3:24 PM

watching him the last 2 seasons when he's gotten into games, it just never seemed like he has "it." Maybe if everything was thrown onto his shoulders and he was asked to do more, he would respond, but he's always struck me more as a solid backup.

The major positive I take from this is that we finally

May 7, 2013, 4:33 PM

have a little competition on the O-line, at least at tackle. Seems like we still have no competition at the guard spots with subpar backups not able to push the starters.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic