Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Crowder talks spring project, future at Clemson and beyond
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Crowder talks spring project, future at Clemson and beyond

Apr 20, 2013, 7:56 PM

Crowder talks spring project, future at Clemson and beyond

Tyrone Crowder, one of the crown jewels of Clemson's 2013 recruiting class, tells TigerNet he is ready to begin his Clemson career but has to complete a senior project first. Crowder says a career in law enforcement is something he wants to pursue once his playing career is finished. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad hes a Tiger also..

Apr 20, 2013, 8:19 PM

If he wants it bad enough he can take that LG spot if Beasley and Kalon dont take their game up a notch. But hopefully he can RS then start at RG for four years after Tyler graduates.

Re: Front Page Story: Crowder talks spring project, future at Clemson and beyond

Apr 20, 2013, 8:31 PM

Starting positions from HS to college means there are no breaks in your learning what it takes to compete at the college level. As soon as your HS football season was over, you should have been strictly devoted in getting ready for the college level. That meaning no breaks from the weight room and conditioning, learning the play book and studying film. With Crowder, there will most likely be the NFL after college. Riding around in Police cars won't do nothing for helping him win a stating job on Clemson's O line as a true freshman. OG is a tough spot with our offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give the guy a break. In North Carolina all high school

Apr 21, 2013, 10:35 AM

seniors have to do a senior project, which typically involves the kind of interaction he's having with his local police. The projects often take the student the entire school year to complete.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's also in SC because I am currently doing mine.

Apr 21, 2013, 10:53 AM

They usually take a semester or a year to complete.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Crowder talks spring project, future at Clemson and beyond

Apr 21, 2013, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Crowder talks spring project, future at Clemson and beyond ]

If he doesn't complete his senior project, basically a mini thesis, then he doesn't graduate and if not it doesn't matter how good his conditioning is because he won't be able to play for Clemson...maybe the shamecocks.

Prediction

Apr 20, 2013, 8:32 PM

And granted, this is just my 2 cents.

(Crowder)- I like his attitude, but!
No way he breaks into the 2 deep on the OL in 2013.
I see 2015 being his year....IMO.

Re: Prediction

Apr 20, 2013, 9:02 PM

IMHO he like almost all O/L will need a R/s year..I think he takes
R/g in 14

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prediction

Apr 20, 2013, 8:38 PM

I agree but a "no way" he can crack the two deep this year. And 2014 he is a starter no doubt.

Re: Re: Prediction

Apr 20, 2013, 9:03 PM

Most likely to happen imo.

I like the ambition but...

Apr 20, 2013, 9:30 PM

I don't think a man as big as you is ready for a 100 play pace, especially after taking a conditioning break. He might be able to sub in some but no shot at starting if he's not conditioned.

Re: I like the ambition but...

Apr 20, 2013, 9:54 PM

Will have 2 months here before the first game.

Apr 20, 2013, 10:58 PM

LSU played in the SEC all year and got gassed by us in the bowl game. You think a extra large HS player will be ready after 2 months of training?

Apr 21, 2013, 4:23 AM [ in reply to Re: I like the ambition but... ]

Two months!!! There is no way in h&ll or high water could that young man get into good enough shape to play in our style of offense in two months. In two months, he couldn't get into good enough shape to go two quick back to back three and outs with another man his size or bigger trying to put him on the ground. Now think about two men his size trying to run over him to get to his QB's blind side. Personally, I don't think that he would be in shape for that in two months. And I would bet that Tajh Boyd wouldn't think so either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: I like the ambition but...

Apr 20, 2013, 11:04 PM

LSU played 2 true freshman OL vs Scar and won.

Re: Re: I like the ambition but...

Apr 21, 2013, 4:29 AM

But were they riding around in a Police car most of the off season with NO training and conditioning prior to the season. My wager would be on NO!!!

Apr 20, 2013, 11:26 PM

... my point is our OL have to be VERY well conditioned. We have a fast paced offense. They have to be strong and have endurance. This guy is extra large, even for and OL, and you think he will be conditioned enough to keep up with one of the fastest offenses in college as a freshman? Ask the players what the biggest difference is when you go up a league and they will tell you pace, college is a lot faster then HS and we are much faster then most colleges.

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Crowder talks spring project, future at Clemson and beyond

Apr 20, 2013, 11:35 PM

I agree but my point is if he is one of the best 5 he will play.

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Crowder talks spring project, future at Clemson and beyond

Apr 20, 2013, 11:54 PM

My guess is he'll get playing time in easy games once we are blowing teams out. Maybe he will be conditioned enough to get significant time later in the season. But I think he will be use sparingly IF he doesn't get RSed.

It's amazing how people can read an article and determine if

Apr 21, 2013, 9:55 AM

someone is in shape enough to play or not.

Yep, wonder if any of these guys last names are Batson...***

Apr 21, 2013, 12:37 PM

Seriously, give the kid a break. Can't believe how self

Apr 22, 2013, 12:29 PM [ in reply to It's amazing how people can read an article and determine if ]

centered these people are being as well. The kid is like 18 years old, let him finish high school before you go jumping down his neck about his football conditioning and demanding he make sacrifices for you.

Apr 22, 2013, 6:07 PM

He sounds great, got a good mind set for Clemson. He is a student athlete not a professional, we are not paying them, we are providing an educational opportunity, they should make the best of that opportunity. A Clemson football player might be great and not play for missing study hall........He might be able to crack the 2 deep this year but I doubt it. If he does not play this year, I would not expect him to start next year. We only lose 2 off the OL.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic