Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Pigskin Prophet: Spurrier the master of misdirection
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 88
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Pigskin Prophet: Spurrier the master of misdirection

Mar 28, 2013, 11:09 PM

Pigskin Prophet: Spurrier the master of misdirection

The Pigskin Prophet returns from his hiatus to make a few comments on none other than South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Pigskin Prophet: Spurrier the master of misdirection

Mar 28, 2013, 11:24 PM

Whoa! I like it. Makes sense. Coots are about to counter by saying we are just sore losers

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2013, 11:34 PM

#### right i am a sore loser ...... want to beat the gamecocks this year!

Coots arriving to defend Spur-rear in 3,2,1..***

Mar 28, 2013, 11:27 PM

defend this - wish he'd keep his shirt on and mouth shut!

Mar 28, 2013, 11:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: defend this - wish he'd keep his shirt on and mouth shut!

Mar 30, 2013, 3:12 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proohet...

Mar 28, 2013, 11:32 PM

I love your words

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

where do i get these burger king coupons ? ******

Mar 28, 2013, 11:40 PM

you sir are brillant!***

Mar 28, 2013, 11:43 PM

who gives a #### bout what he says

Mar 29, 2013, 12:25 AM

Just beat them in November

Dang...sounds about right to me! gOtiGERs! Beat the Coots.

Mar 29, 2013, 12:41 AM

And the Dawgs too!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SWEET! More talk of Spurrier on the front page of a Clemson

Mar 29, 2013, 6:52 AM

Website.

Unbelievable. I remember a time when the SCar websites talked about nothing but Clemson. Now, we can't stop talking about their hall of fame coach who has thrown little jabs his entire coaching career.

Re: SWEET! More talk of Spurrier on the front page of a Clemson

Mar 29, 2013, 7:42 AM

Couldn't agree more...This reeks of sour grapes.

Re: SWEET! More talk of Spurrier on the front page of a Clemson

Mar 29, 2013, 10:27 AM [ in reply to SWEET! More talk of Spurrier on the front page of a Clemson ]

He may be a hall of fame coach but not for what he's done at dirt ###### U. The Redskins say hi.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Pigskin Prophet!

Mar 29, 2013, 6:53 AM

I absolutely love this guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2013, 6:57 AM

It has to ruffle some (chicken)feathers,make some Neters see red(or is it garnet),and want to crow knowing that the only thing Spurrier does have is this modest 4 game winning streak over our Tigers.
What is really going to get us mad though is a fith.
This game this year in Cootlumbia is important if for no other reason it just might just get him to shut up.

Print That !

Mar 29, 2013, 7:04 AM

$purrier has a way about him , and I agree with the Prophet ...he is using up his coupons. Scar has been so bad at football for so long that the most meaningless details become newsworthy in ColaTown. Steve Spurrier is great at rallying a fanbase , even ones with such pathetic football programs as Duke and Sakerlina.
I enjoy his enthusiasm and applaud his efforts . Gotta believe if we win down there this fall there will be less of this type of rhetoric this time in 2014..because its obvious that success ship has sailed in Cootville..and Steve $purrier is just savvy enough to realize that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

As the penguins in Madagascar said

Mar 29, 2013, 7:28 AM

"Just smile and wave boys"

Mar 29, 2013, 7:46 AM

Excellent piece. Right on the mark. Spurrier is a total ####, and perfect for the folks in Columbia. And any Clemson fan whose hair catches fire in response to his remarks is a #### as well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as Carolina is winning the games, they win the

Mar 29, 2013, 7:57 AM

war of words also., It doesn't matter who sez what.

Spurrier knows this. He also knows he helps the rivalry nationally with his needle and that benefits both achools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah. He's just a smart@$$. It's not some calculated thought

Mar 29, 2013, 8:14 AM

that he has. He's just an arrogant and sarcastic guy. It's just who he is. The more he wins, the more it comes out.

He doesn't give a crap about the rivalry. I can assure you of that.

Mar 29, 2013, 8:24 AM

Well, i guess this is all you can do is talk a good game.

and you talk like you have a history of winning! not!

Mar 31, 2013, 11:31 AM

4 years does not amount to squat, when compared to the 100+ years of the rivalry. how many 4 yr. winning streaks do we have (or 5,6,7 yr.streaks for that matter!)

Mar 29, 2013, 8:31 AM

To be truthful, you sound like a USC fan back under Sparky Woods or Brad Scott.

Except with more championships?***

Mar 29, 2013, 1:38 PM

Mar 29, 2013, 8:35 AM

No doubt that Steve Spurrier is an asshat and an idiot but I'm ready to beat our state rivals this year- sick and tired of losing.

hmmmmm....

Mar 29, 2013, 8:53 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13763674

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did Tommy Bowden finish in the top 10 two years in a row?....

Mar 29, 2013, 10:13 AM

....I can't remember.

Or did he ever finish in the top 15?

Mar 29, 2013, 10:19 AM

....I can't remember.

LMAO @ UGA

Mar 29, 2013, 10:22 AM

...being "down". Why don't you go check their record the last three years. They were five yards from playing for the MNC last year.

Conversely, we've beaten the best teams Clemson has had since 1981 four straight times.

Quality research there sir.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Mar 29, 2013, 1:08 PM

Its much more enjoyable beating a good rival than a piece of #### rival like we beat for decades. Got kinda old. I think you guys finally being worth a #### has been good for the rivalry. Us tigers are interested in it again.

You've beaten ONE of our best teams since 1981....

Mar 29, 2013, 10:13 PM [ in reply to LMAO @ UGA ]

None of the other 3 teams were comparable to 82-83 or 87-90.

Mar 29, 2013, 10:52 AM

We really do sound like Coot fans circa 1999. Nice verbal lashing you gave them there Prophet. Just doesn't really amount to a #### thing if we can't beat them.

Mar 29, 2013, 11:08 AM

Whatever helps you sleep better at night...

Talk about misdirection...

Mar 29, 2013, 11:09 AM

You guys have harped on the past, now you're moving on to the future?

Re: Talk about misdirection...

Mar 29, 2013, 12:01 PM

If Spurrier had any thoughts that the ship had sailed, you can believe he would have also. Just by him coming back tells you he expects to do better or he would have left for the beach and golf course. He already has a QB on his recruiting board for 2015 that he is going after according to news paper reports.

Lol yea so does Chad Morris.

Mar 29, 2013, 1:10 PM

He leaves after Clowney gradu... er... leaves for the NFL.

Before it was "He's gone when Lattimore leaves,"

Apr 4, 2013, 3:08 PM

Now Clowney? Connor Mitch is supposed to be the next big thing... will he stay till Mitch leaves too? What about the next guy?

He'll retire, and soon. But it won't be in the next 5 years, IMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Mar 29, 2013, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Talk about misdirection... ]

But "four-peat" and "fear the thumb" ring a bell.

######.

Mar 29, 2013, 11:59 AM

I'm a Clemson guy and always will be, but I can't say I agree with the meat of your story. Spurrier has done a fantastic job at South Carolina. They destroyed Georgia last year, gave us another spanking, nearly beat LSU in Baton Rouge, and only lost to Florida by such a large margin because of all the turnovers. To say that they don't have much of a chance to win the SEC East because Georgia and Florida are back is totally ridiculous. South Carolina is not Alabama, but they do have a team capable of winning the SEC.

What I do agree with is what you said about Spurrier being an attention slut. However, that's really all I agree with.

Hope Dabo doesn't take the bait again

Mar 29, 2013, 12:40 PM

Not that I didn't enjoy what was said, but I'm sure Dabo's rant is played over and over in the locker room the week before our rivalry game. And it always will be. That wasn't bulletin board material. That was jumbo tron material. As long as his teams keep cleaning our clocks on the field, whether or not he wins the war of words does not matter. He won't shut up so it's time for us to put up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The writer of this article is very bitter

Mar 29, 2013, 12:55 PM

The article epitomized how most fans can't look at their rival rationally.

The jokes were sophomoric and not funny. It would be the equivalent of calling clemson fans "toothless tater planters."

The analysis is purely what the writer wants to happen and only applies negativity toward his rival. I could easily write a parallel that Clemson's window of opportunity closed because Florida State is back, and clemson only won the ACC because fsu was down. I could point out that Louisville is coming with a coach that will only make it harder for dabo as the writer did with Vanderbilt.

I won't though, because its childish. I can admit clemson has been a good team the past few years. Clemson fans should do the same toward Carolina.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

I wouldn't expect a coot on a Clemson board to know this...

Mar 29, 2013, 1:13 PM

but that's kinda the point of Pigskin Prophet. He always makes fun of whatever team we're playing the following week.

Not supposed to be an unbiased analysis, it's supposed to be funny.

Also, FSU is back? lol what? They're "back" every year and end up overrated. They'll have a first year QB next year and desolate secondary.

How about this for a little more civility?

Mar 29, 2013, 1:19 PM [ in reply to The writer of this article is very bitter ]

I posted it yesterday. If there's a lie in there you let me know.

SOS is topped out. Time to shop for a coach that can put you guys at the top of the SEC instead of the middle of the pack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOUR pigskin prophet??***

Mar 29, 2013, 1:21 PM

I think he belongs to all Clemson fans.

Mar 29, 2013, 1:24 PM

Check the dates. I'm guessing great minds...or something.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13767158

left out link
Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Mar 29, 2013, 1:14 PM

Two things about this article. 1) We really need to beat the Gameschmucks and then he wont have anything to say. 2) It's amazing to me that Stevo pays so much attention to what Dabo says.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wouldn't expect a coot on a Clemson board to know this...

Mar 29, 2013, 1:16 PM

That's why the article came off so bitter, because it wasn't funny.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Relative," is the word for today boys and girls.

Mar 29, 2013, 1:23 PM

Check out #2 & #3

rel·a·tive noun \?re-l?-tiv\

Definition of RELATIVE

: a word referring grammatically to an antecedent
: a thing having a relation to or connection with or necessary dependence on another thing
a : a person connected with another by blood or affinity
b : an animal or plant related to another by common descent
: a relative term

You are not relative to this board.

Come on CT88... he knows all about relatives ;)***

Mar 29, 2013, 1:35 PM

Ease up now, I had some fine azzed 1st cousins.***

Mar 29, 2013, 1:42 PM

lol yea it's pretty funny. I see why you might not think so

Mar 29, 2013, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I wouldn't expect a coot on a Clemson board to know this... ]

Scared that once your streak against us ends, you have nothing to cling to but an empty trophy case and "the past".

Mar 29, 2013, 1:22 PM

I can understand why Crump doesn't allow you to write. You are digging pretty deep to smear one of the all time college coaches. Why don't you write an article about Clemson's coaches and get this trend TURNED AROUND that SPURRIER has started...Quite GLORIFYING the SEC and blast the ACC for not being competitive...Hate to say it but USuCk would have breezed through the ACC the last several years.

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Pigskin Prophet: Spurrier the master of misdirection

Mar 29, 2013, 1:23 PM

You boys might want to think about moving out of the JV ranks and up to a varsity league before you start national championship aspirations. Duke, Wake , State etc just won't cut it

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Pigskin Prophet: Spurrier the master of misdirection

Mar 29, 2013, 1:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPDlZYibhig

And, are you within sniffing range of a BCSCG or SECCG?

Mar 29, 2013, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Front Page Story: Pigskin Prophet: Spurrier the master of misdirection ]

Here's a hint - no.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I tell you what is not comical.......4 in a row to him!

Mar 29, 2013, 1:26 PM

When you own scoreboard you can pretty much say what you want and the other team (coach) just sounds stupid to respond.

Re: How about this for a little more civility?

Mar 29, 2013, 1:28 PM

Once again this is what you want to be true. I could say dabo has topped out and you need an older coach to take you to the level to beat your middle of the pack SEC rival.

Why? We beat a top of the pack LSU. Shouldn't be hard***

Mar 29, 2013, 1:37 PM

Re: How about this for a little more civility?

Mar 29, 2013, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: How about this for a little more civility? ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPDlZYibhig

Re: lol yea it's pretty funny. I see why you might not think so

Mar 29, 2013, 1:36 PM

Eventually clemson will beat us and end the streak. I'm not sure why that one loss would suddenly be the death of our program?

I think you missed the point.

Mar 29, 2013, 1:42 PM

While this win streak you have is pretty cute, it's all you have. That's it. What else of significance have you won during that time period? One division title? Second place in the SEC after getting smacked around by Auburn?

Yes, you have beaten us 4 years in a row. Yes, it sucks. Yes, we want it to end. But we have a much brighter future than you do.

Re: I think you missed the point.

Mar 29, 2013, 3:45 PM

One division title? Second place in the SEC after getting smacked around by Auburn?

**I guess we could have won the ACC and then gone to Miami and gotten slapped with 70 points.

Yes, you have beaten us 4 years in a row. Yes, it sucks. Yes, we want it to end. But we have a much brighter future than you do.

**I'll hang up and listen. Both schools recruiting rankings, if that's what you base the future on, have been very close....so tell me why you have a "much brighter" future??

We won't give out rings for ending the streak.

Mar 29, 2013, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: lol yea it's pretty funny. I see why you might not think so ]

Or brag about being 5th place in our conference either.

Mar 29, 2013, 1:44 PM

Why do you have a brighter future than we do?

Please explain how you have a brighter future than a team who has been better than you each of the last four seasons.

That's just wishful thinking.

Mar 29, 2013, 1:51 PM

No it isn't. You will never win a championship in the SEC. You'll likely never even sniff another division title with Florida back and UGA reestablishing itself.

Meanwhile, Dabo got a division title in his first full year, won the championship in his 3rd, and took a share of another division title last year. This year is setting up as a possible national title run if the ball bounces our way a few times. We have a committed coaching staff and we're recruiting at a ridiculously high level. You can mock the strength of the conference, but ultimately, it may allow us a run at a national title. While SCU will be stuck playing second fiddle to UGA, UF, Alabama, LSU and so on.

The streak will end eventually. That's why I'm not worried about it as some. I can see the bigger pictures for both programs. And I like ours a lot better.

i'll second this opinion. usuc will always be 2nd,3rd,4th,

Mar 31, 2013, 4:00 PM

fiddle in the sec EASTERN , much farther down when you add in the western div. of the sec.
on top of that, i'll also add that after usuc's own coaching legend leaves ( aka the 'ol ball sack ), the program is more than likely to stumble, at the very least, and before all you coot fans get your panties in a wad, let me ask you, what have y'all ALWAYS heard about the coach that follows a "legend". go ahead, you can lie to everyone but yourself.

I don't work at a gas station, son.

Mar 29, 2013, 1:52 PM

-Harley

Mar 29, 2013, 1:58 PM

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

This is the most homer article I have ever seen. How much rent are you charging Steve. Only on tnet.

WOW. Beat SC on the field, you sound like my niece.

Re: Re: I think you missed the point.

Mar 29, 2013, 2:02 PM

This argument might make sense if USC competed for the ACC championship. However we both know you can finish fifth in the SEC and still be better and ranked higher than the ACC champion.

So it doesn't make sense.

Nah , you missed the point. Something most Coots fans do.

Mar 29, 2013, 3:03 PM

You fans are an ignorant bunch. At least your coach gets it. He knows, even with his recent success at that cesspool,USuC still dosn't matter nationally. That's why he was whining. Coaches that have won National Championships are coming to learn from Clemson, not him. Urban, the man that showed that OBC didn't matter at Florida, came to Clemson to learn. Cuts the OBC deep and the USuC fans are not smart enough to see it..............................

Reminds me of Bama fans shouting for months that Ryan

Mar 29, 2013, 3:05 PM

would send his son to Bama to learn coaching(the Family Business) from Saban , then crying when that didn't happen. He wanted his son to learn from Dabo...........

Mar 29, 2013, 3:57 PM

"Meanwhile, Dabo got a division title in his first full year, won the championship in his 3rd, and took a share of another division title last year. This year is setting up as a possible national title run if the ball bounces our way a few times"

Everyone knows SEC east title > ACC championship. National Title Run....with that QB?..... and OL?.....and secondary?.....LOL!!!

Mar 29, 2013, 4:19 PM

Comparing the ACC Title and the SEC title is like comparing the NCAA tournament to the NIT. Delusional!

everybody =

Mar 29, 2013, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: I think you missed the point. ]

ESeCPN homers, and coots too.

Re: Nah , you missed the point. Something most Coots fans do.

Mar 29, 2013, 4:09 PM

Nah, I think Spurrier knows that the South Carolina Athletic Department brings in $20 mill more than Clemson/year and that will soon increase....that twice as many people watch Gamecock football than do Clemson.....that there's no way Clemson can win in WB stadium in Nov....and that when The Chad leaves Clemson is in big trouble.....and most Gamecock fans are smart enough to know all this too.

Re: Reminds me of Bama fans shouting for months that Ryan

Mar 29, 2013, 4:20 PM

Did you honestly just try to imply dabo is a better coach than saban?

Re: Reminds me of Bama fans shouting for months that Ryan

Mar 29, 2013, 8:35 PM

> Did you honestly just try to imply dabo is a better
> coach than saban?

You owe me a new laptop I just spewed Coke all over it. The sad part is our rivals fan base thinks Dabo is better then Saban. They also fear that Bama will come after Dabo when Saban retires.

Mar 29, 2013, 5:54 PM

#### it Jim, all you Taters are a trip. national title run? well, you will get the run(s) but you will never finish after the thumb holds you down. i applaud your enthusiasm and sunshine pumping, but the truth still cometh like #5.

Wait for it

Mar 30, 2013, 2:01 PM

Coot fans come out En Mass....to defend their senile ole ball sack!!

Will they still be around when Spurrior gets thumped this year???

Isn't that what we said last year?

Mar 30, 2013, 2:48 PM

I think it was as a matter of fact I know it was. For me last year was Dabo's last chance before he lost me...he got me a "little" bit back by the peach bowl win but by no means am I all in and I want be all in till we beat the coots. I don't want to be the team that tries to make fun of them while they are whipping our #### every year...that's how THEY use to be and it seems we have turned in to cootville. We should demand victory this year or dabo should be packing....nothing less is acceptable. Nothing.

I tried to get a chuckle out of this but

Mar 30, 2013, 2:45 PM

well no use saying why I can't chuckle about it we all know what that reasoning is.

Mar 30, 2013, 4:55 PM

What cracks me up is Spurrier throws out a one liner every 6 months and Dabo, and bloggers and Internet posters go on for weeks about it.

i think sos throws out a "line" a heck of alot more than

Mar 31, 2013, 4:02 PM

every 6 months, more like every 6 hrs, if not more - if you get my drift!

Hey Tigernet, stop trying to misdirect me from the 4 losses.

Mar 30, 2013, 5:20 PM

Complaining about Spurrier is not a cure for the shame of losing 4 in a row.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2013, 11:19 AM

Disappointment...anger... frustration...butthurt. Yep. Fear the thumb.

and usuc fans know all about the thumb, and the second hands

Mar 31, 2013, 4:05 PM

ring and index fingers,too. scary thing is, they ENJOYED it!

Re: and usuc fans know all about the thumb, and the second hands

Apr 1, 2013, 1:02 PM

I'm thinking of opening a sheep rental place in Clemson. Want to come?

Apr 4, 2013, 2:00 PM

This article makes my spleen hurt I laugh so hard ...It keeps getting me in trouble even today.I love it.

Replies: 88
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic