Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Back on track
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Back on track

Mar 28, 2013, 10:24 AM

Back on track

Martavis Bryant sat at home and pondered the choices he had made that led him to missing the bowl game against LSU, and he knew one thing - never again. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unbelievable talent

Mar 28, 2013, 10:31 AM

If Bryant is maturing as the news indicates, he can be an absolute superstar WR, not only in college, but the NFL.

Before this gets flooded with comments like

Mar 28, 2013, 10:44 AM

"I'd rather win doing it wrong than lose doing it right," while I somewhat agree look at Stanford. We all know they have high academic standards, yet have had many very good or great teams.

But I saw a story yesterday that talked about David Shaw's requirement for recruits: vocabulary. And he makes a pretty good point: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--david-shaw-building-stanford-into-a-perennial-power-with-unconventional-recruiting-mandate-044557382.html

Re: Before this gets flooded with comments like

Mar 28, 2013, 10:48 AM

I think Dabo has proven that he wants to do things the right way time and time again. His recruiting practices have shown he is not afraid to let a stud go if it is better for the program.

null

class act, class school, and they'll hit you in the mouth

Mar 28, 2013, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Before this gets flooded with comments like ]

we probably won't ever be able to be a Stanford for a number of reasons, in terms of the standards that they have as a university, etc., but Dabo is spot on, just like Coach Shaw is in terms of discipline, accountability, and being "all in". You don't have to have future rocket scientists in pads, but if you have kids who believe in each other, thrive in discipline and accountability, and understand that they are building character for adult life, you will win the right way, especially if you combine that with a lot of athletic talent...i live in San Diego so i'm inundated with PAC-12 mentality all around me...let me tell you, Stanford is hated by most out here (especially SC and Duck fans), but respected by all....nobody wants to play those guys out here with a title on the line, in the rain or mud, etc., because everyone out here knows they will drive your ### into the dirt physically as well as mentally....and be a class program afterward.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stanford has also been very bad for long periods of time

Mar 28, 2013, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Before this gets flooded with comments like ]

I do not want Clemson to be like Stanford athletically... although I certainly wouldn't mind if my Clemson degree was looked at like a Stanford degree at some point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take my Clemson degree against any. Just me I guess!***

Mar 28, 2013, 5:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I worked as a Construction Manager for decades.

Mar 29, 2013, 1:13 PM

I never met a man, woman or situation I couldn't handle in negotiations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why did he have mandatory study hall in the first place?

Mar 28, 2013, 11:13 AM

Were his grades that bad? Apparently it seems he maintained the proper GPA to qualify to play with him missing study halls.

I dont agree with arbitrarily assigning mandatory study hall to all players. If a player can maintain the proper GPA without study hall, good for him. If a player is struggling with grades, then you assign him mandatory study hall and see if the grades improve.

Since you don't know, who cares? It's not your call 'coach'.***

Mar 28, 2013, 11:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^.***

Mar 28, 2013, 11:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^.***

Mar 28, 2013, 11:24 AM

Makes one wonder why Spencer Region is still taking up a scholarship. All the talent in the world, and a total bust. Time to show him the door?

Re: ^^^.***

Mar 28, 2013, 11:31 AM

You do not know.... At some point it might click in with Region as well and if he turn 'all in' he could be the best lineman on he field.... We gave him a scholarship and I have no problem with him being on the practice squad for 4 years....

wonder? not me & not if you know clemson.

Mar 28, 2013, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: ^^^.*** ]

you might not like it, but pretty sure it's not in clemson's dna to just show someone the door.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wonder? not me & not if you know clemson.

Mar 29, 2013, 12:50 PM

So you are saying that a guy who has accepted a 60-K scholarship has no obligation whatever to get with the program? Thus, commitment and accountability are strictly a one-way street?? Nice message to be sending to the other players.

sammy enjoyed his 2 game suspension, peters enjoyed

Mar 29, 2013, 1:38 PM

his missed practices, bryant was invited to stay home for the chik-fil-a bowl, bellamy was sent home from charlotte, is no longer with the program, desmond brown cya... http://www.midlandsconnect.com/sports/story.aspx?id=681997#.UVXQVVdi2tE

pretty sure the coaches have a great handle on the messages being sent to the players.

the staff has said they view scholarships as long term deals, not 1 year deals as do some programs. i simply pointed that out for you because you seemed unaware.

if you don't like that, that's different & your prerogative.

Re: Why did he have mandatory study hall in the first place?

Mar 28, 2013, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Why did he have mandatory study hall in the first place? ]

> Were his grades that bad? Apparently it seems he
> maintained the proper GPA to qualify to play with him
> missing study halls.
>
> I dont agree with arbitrarily assigning mandatory
> study hall to all players. If a player can maintain
> the proper GPA without study hall, good for him. If
> a player is struggling with grades, then you assign
> him mandatory study hall and see if the grades
> improve.

Sure he had the grades to play but if your GPA is 2.5 or below you are required to attend Study Hall, Dabo's rule. I think the GPA above is the correct number.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Passion for purple?

Mar 29, 2013, 1:15 PM

Relax, I gave you the point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no matter what he does on the field he will be a better man

Mar 28, 2013, 11:21 AM

for the experience.

Re: no matter what he does on the field he will be a better man

Mar 28, 2013, 11:32 AM

I think he is a better man already... he know actions have consequences.... and he hurt no one but himself.

Re: no matter what he does on the field he will be a better man

Mar 28, 2013, 8:00 PM

Amen! He didn't quit. Its not all X's & O's,

Yes, sometime sports fans loose focus on (opportunities and present successes), and view excellent by wins and loses. Yes, SUCCESS to come with building opportunities as well as building life long memories along the way, the great experiences during the process, building character and developing forever pride while on the journey. YES, we have to look pass life failures, and realize that there's still sunshine behind a temporary dark cloud and not forgetting the sacrifies it took to get to this point in life(winning or losing). Not quitting, and remember that there's finer and more important things that prioritize this great life.
P.S. THE FUTURE LOOK (BRIGHT) FOR OUR (CLEMSON TIGERS). ALL-IN FELLOWS IN ALL YOU DO, AND SUCCESS WILL FOLLOW. KNOW MATTER WHERE YOU ARE AT, OR WHAT YOU ARE DOING IN LIFE. (GO TIGERS & NEVER QUIT).

Re: Front Page Story: Back on track

Mar 28, 2013, 6:27 PM

Does anyone think Spurlid would have taken the same course of action? You won't be able to convince me of that. I'm proud of Dabo for placing the development of young men ahead of W's and L's. He's demonstrated that several times. I want us to be defined by the 3 C's - Class, Character, Champions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

"I'd much rather lose doing it right than win doing it wrong

Mar 29, 2013, 1:10 PM

..."

suck it Steve Spurrier

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic