Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Brownell's season wrap
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Brownell's season wrap

Mar 20, 2013, 9:01 PM

Brownell's season wrap

Clemson head coach Brad Brownell held his season-ending press conference Wednesday afternoon. What did he say about a leadership void? What did he say about his first losing season as a head coach? Does he anticipate any changes to his coaching staff? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Brownell's season wrap

Mar 20, 2013, 9:16 PM

This is one of the best coaching interviews I've seen in a while and it explains a lot.

http://ryankantor.com/2013/03/20/brad-brownell-gives-harsh-honest-interview/

I like it. One of the things I love about The Chad, he'll

Mar 21, 2013, 8:25 AM

tell you straight up if someone isnt doing their job.

So, new facilities are on the way.

Mar 20, 2013, 9:22 PM

A very public acknowledgement - straight up - that either a new arena or major facilities upgrade are "necessary". He is excited about plans to improve facilities after meeting with DR.

That is the main thing I take away from this article.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

A lot of you wont like this but................

Mar 20, 2013, 9:58 PM

It sure sounds to me like he is throwing this off on his players. Always liked Brad and his coaching style beginning to wonder??

Re: A lot of you wont like this but................

Mar 20, 2013, 10:05 PM

thats exactly what he's doing

brad, leadership starts with the coach

we would have won about4 games this year TOTAL without book or jennings

not defending those 2 b/c they underperformed, but stop making excuses

if you actually could get joel james or bryce johnson or any other live body over 6'8 player who is acc ready, you wouldn't have had to play those 2

getting really tired of brownlee

Mar 20, 2013, 11:12 PM

You are a joke of a fan and show it with your childish misspell at the end.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 20, 2013, 11:37 PM

You little grammar lovers are the joke.. You think I give a rats a.. If my post or anybody else's is not grammar efficient . It's so childish every time one of y'all bring to our attention .. Oh yea whooooo. Hoooooo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2013, 6:44 AM

Its not grammar when it is an intentional shot at the coach little buddy.

I wasnt even talking to you anyway. Unless of course you are a scok. Which is just pathetic.

null

Mar 21, 2013, 12:49 PM

Just calling you out for your little grammar police line. Get your ticket book out LITTLE BOY and write my tiger pulse down a few points . Thanks for just the verbal warning this time on questioning your supreme authority on this message board . I won't do it again I promise . Buckle up to your keyboard and type safe .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brice was coming until UNC came calling...Can't blame

Mar 21, 2013, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Re: A lot of you wont like this but................ ]

him for losing a player to UNC...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brice was coming until UNC came calling...Can't blame

Mar 21, 2013, 11:21 AM

THIS WAS ONE OF THE REASONS bARNES BAILED OUT FOR tEXAS........

Non-sensical comments

Mar 21, 2013, 12:29 AM [ in reply to Re: A lot of you wont like this but................ ]

He is not a cheerleader like Dabo and you think he is absconding his responsibilities as a HC. Ridiculous. He is taking blame but also putting his players on notice things will change.
If you can't figure this out, I don't know how to help you.
Not everyone puts a ray of sunshine on everything like Dabo; everyone has their own style. Deal with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every time he mentioned short comings

Mar 20, 2013, 10:11 PM [ in reply to A lot of you wont like this but................ ]

He also said his staff didn't figure out a way to get them to do it. He's taking blame.

However, he's also being realistic, and candid. This year we had underperforming senior leadership, mixed with erratic and struggling underclassmen. And yes, part of that falls on his shoulders and he's out there in the interview saying just that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this***

Mar 21, 2013, 8:36 AM

Did you listen to the press conference?

Mar 20, 2013, 10:28 PM [ in reply to A lot of you wont like this but................ ]

He very fairly laid the blame on all people at fault including himself AND the players.

Re: Did you listen to the press conference?

Mar 21, 2013, 10:40 AM

Exactly!!! He is saying without a direct quote, that there is enough blame to go around involving everyone, including himself. It's like some expect him to say I'm sorry I missed all those FTs. Or I'm sorry I didn't give 100% every game. Lets just look back to the old saying that goes something like this. You can take the horse down to the watering hole, but you can't make it drink when you get there. I feel that Brad does his job in teaching the game, but he can't play it for the players. Some may have missed it, or didn't care to hear it but, this was Brad's first time ever as a HC to have a losing season. And I'm sure he is hating the H&ll out of that being on his record. And I don't think that he is thrilled at all with that ONE black mark. I do think a big problem that has been over looked for ever. And that is having to share practice time with the women's team. So build him his own place, and he will produce winners in it. Brad has taken much smaller schools with a lot less sparkle and a lot less money/means than Clemson to the big dance. And he will get Clemson to the dance. And he will dance more than just a couple of dances when he gets there. Just putting in my 2 cents worth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2013, 11:13 PM [ in reply to A lot of you wont like this but................ ]

That is BS he laid plenty of blame on the staff as well.

null

Read again, EVERYBODY is on notice which it should be.***

Mar 21, 2013, 12:33 AM [ in reply to A lot of you wont like this but................ ]

maybe you missed the part where he said

Mar 21, 2013, 9:28 AM [ in reply to A lot of you wont like this but................ ]

he needs to look at himself and his coaching style as well. He didn't only blame the players for a lack of leadership, he blamed everybody.

This article is missing a few quotes from the press conference where he took the blame for not getting good recruits and missing on their first choices.

BB is the Bus Driver: F-R-F-R on the seniors-- HE's the man!

Mar 21, 2013, 8:39 AM

Gotta give the man credit for pointing out the obvious that his 2 seniors drug the program down with attitude, effort & lack of leadership.

Wow....

Mar 21, 2013, 11:26 AM

Per my email to Brad, of the things I saw where his players were not competing: one of the three items were not taking charges. (He never responded to my email). This was something that disturbed me a lot, and yes, in the big guy too.

But my question for you, Mr. Brownell, is: what did you do to coach this in practice? I offered to come down (as a former college player) and break down a few tapes and teach the concept (again, of course, getting no response).

Of course I knew this was a long shot, but I did it anyway, just to see if I would get a response.

Holy Cow - I didn't think the team only took 5 all year... That's really pathetic. But I lay that on coaching. I have a few drills our coach did with us, and I GUARANTEE the players will start taking charges, for they will not want to do those drills again.

OK...we've beat this to death...we can now get onto the...

Mar 21, 2013, 12:02 PM

...Hill watch.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic