Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Player Update: Jennings comments on officiating in ACC Tournament
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Basketball Player Update: Jennings comments on officiating in ACC Tournament

Mar 15, 2013, 12:24 AM

Jennings comments on officiating in ACC Tournament

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball Player Update: Jennings comments on officiating in ACC Tournament

Mar 15, 2013, 12:29 AM

Now that is a good team leader and a good senior, blame it on the officials, not the players that played the game. Will all do respect Milton, the refs tried to give us that game at the end. It was a poor game in both directions but we got a lot of BS calls as did they.

Re: Basketball Player Update: Jennings comments on officiating in ACC Tournament

Mar 15, 2013, 12:30 AM

How about talk about how you went 3-9 for 7 points with 2 turnovers and 4 fouls in your last game as a Tiger.

He's frustrated. Let him blow off steam.

Mar 15, 2013, 12:32 AM

Shake his hand, thank him for his effort, and hope for brighter days ahead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's frustrated. Let him blow off steam.

Mar 15, 2013, 12:35 AM

Thank goodness for someone for you having better perspective than most will have on this.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2013, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Basketball Player Update: Jennings comments on officiating in ACC Tournament ]

Pretty sure he went over that.

Hard to do anything when every time you take a step or sniff an opposing player you get whistled down for a foul.

Reffing was completely terrible tonight, the second half especially.

Stay Classy San Diego...***

Mar 15, 2013, 12:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Basketball Player Update: Jennings comments on officiating in ACC Tournament ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2013, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Basketball Player Update: Jennings comments on officiating in ACC Tournament ]

Except for the fact that he said the refs gave us calls too and that he was frustrated with how he shot the ball you were 100% right....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the teams combine to shoot for 63 ft's in one game,

Mar 15, 2013, 12:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Basketball Player Update: Jennings comments on officiating in ACC Tournament ]

the officials are doing something wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When the teams combine to shoot for 63 ft's in one game,

Mar 15, 2013, 12:39 AM

I agree with him 100%. i know and play basketball. its frustrating when your trying hard and getting cheep calls that turn into easy points for the other team! Last i checked those easy points hurt us. There were too many touch fouls and hes right.

Hes right!

Mar 15, 2013, 12:43 AM

I had a North Carolina Fan call me up and tell me the refs were not too kind to Clemson tonight! That is saying something! touch foul here, touch foul there adds up when the other team is hitting all their free throws. I give them credit for that , but i dont give the refs any credit when they called a foul on Rod hall for a great blockout. And a foul on Harrison at halfcourt trying to take a charge when the guy stuck his left arm out to stiff arm him! Foul on Clemson, free throws for FSU! It adds up people and i would be frustrated too!

Re: Hes right!

Mar 15, 2013, 12:57 AM

Rod Hall clearly undercut him and that is a foul. How about when Rod Hall and the guy for FSU went up for the ball at the end of the game and the FSU guy gets called for a foul which clearly wasn't. Take the orange colored glasses off and admit the game was officiated poorly both ways. We shot 31 free throws, they shot 32. Not sure where the discrepancy is here.

Re: Ouch!!

Mar 15, 2013, 9:45 AM

We will almost NEVER win a game in which both teams shoot 30+ FTs.

The refs may have called it even, but that type of game will never favor a Clemson team.

But, then that's really our fault isn't it?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you know you'd be agreeing if it was anybody else***

Mar 15, 2013, 12:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Basketball Player Update: Jennings comments on officiating in ACC Tournament ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2013, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Basketball Player Update: Jennings comments on officiating in ACC Tournament ]

It was a terribly officiated game. Anyone that don't think it effected our play has their head in the sand. There were other reasons we lost but saying the officiating had no effect on the outcome is crazy. Go look up the stats on Jamie luckie when hr calls our games. You may be shocked

The little I watch of the game.....I have to agree with him

Mar 16, 2013, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Basketball Player Update: Jennings comments on officiating in ACC Tournament ]

albeit not the true reason we lost....but when the refs call it differnet depending on which end of the floor.....you don;t have a chance to win.

The acc didn't want us playing unc......as horrid as we have been shooting...we would have given them fits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

he's exactly right... too bad we couldn't pull it out***

Mar 15, 2013, 12:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he's exactly right... too bad we couldn't pull it out***

Mar 15, 2013, 12:58 AM

31 FT's for Clemson, 32 for FSU. Where is the bias?

His first statement was about the refs in general.

Mar 15, 2013, 1:00 AM

How many basketball games have you seen with 63 free throws?

Re: His first statement was about the refs in general.

Mar 15, 2013, 1:01 AM

Refs were poor both ways, he has nothing to ##### about. Our players got the same crappy calls that they did.

You basically just paraphrased the first paragraph of the

Mar 15, 2013, 1:03 AM

article.

Also, we shot 31 total free throws as you said, 16 of which

Mar 15, 2013, 1:06 AM [ in reply to Re: His first statement was about the refs in general. ]

came in the last five minutes of the game, and 22 total in the second half.

Message was edited by: tiggerz04®

Re: Also, we shot 31 total free throws as you said, 16 of which

Mar 15, 2013, 1:07 AM

Where the refs were trying to give us the game back with poor calls on FSU.

It's simple really. When you are a 65.7% free throw shooting

Mar 15, 2013, 1:14 AM

team playing a 77ish% free throw shooting team, you don't want the refs to make it a free throw shooting contest.

20 of FSU's free throws came in the second half as well.

So of the 63 free throws took by both teams 42, or 2/3's came in the second half.

Notice the scoring in the two halves. We're leading by 5 at the end of the first, lose by 4.

Same thing they did to us in the second half at Tallahassee.***

Mar 15, 2013, 7:34 AM

"give us the game back with poor calls"? What

Mar 15, 2013, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Also, we shot 31 total free throws as you said, 16 of which ]

were the poor calls? The flagrant they called is an explicitly written rule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Only those that need that many FTs to save Duke and UNC***

Mar 15, 2013, 9:05 AM [ in reply to His first statement was about the refs in general. ]

Re: he's exactly right... too bad we couldn't pull it out***

Mar 15, 2013, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: he's exactly right... too bad we couldn't pull it out*** ]

All you would have to do is look at the Free throw shooting % for the year. FSU is #1 in the ACC and we are #11. Keep the free throw attempts close for each team and you just handed FSU points

With that said, it's our own fault the free throw shooting is so atrocious

Finally someone speaks out about officals, I wish he would

Mar 15, 2013, 10:23 AM [ in reply to he's exactly right... too bad we couldn't pull it out*** ]

go further and talk about how it's been one side for years with Clemson in basketball.

he is a senior and he's gone, nothing the ACC can do with him, so tell the truth and see what or if the ACC does anything

this isn't new, it's been going on for 40 years with Clemson and the ACC

The refs let us back in the game

Mar 15, 2013, 12:58 AM

That being said. From my 8 years of playing basketball there is nothing more frustrating than refs calling a foul almost every posession, no matter what team it is on it slows down the game (even for a half court team like us) and you can't play to your beat ability because your affriad of getting a foul called. Also everyone needs to note that he never said the loss was because of refs he just said that it was very frustrating when they weren't being consistent.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Mar 15, 2013, 6:14 AM

I always thought of Milt as a whiny cry baby. Thanks for proving me right on your last possible moment. Shoulda been talking about how overrated and inconsistent he's been for four years. Glad to see him go.

Mar 15, 2013, 7:45 AM

The officiating was awful both ways. Milt has a right to be frustrated as does every other player on the court. The refs made the game about them. When you have a good game officiated, you don't notice the officials.

Attack the basket and you will get fouled

Mar 15, 2013, 9:10 AM

9 times out of 10, the more aggressive team will get the fouls called in their favor. We were more aggressive at the beginning and end and the fouls went our way. They were more aggressive in the middle and they got the calls.

I think it was back to back possessions...

FSU attacks the basket and Jennings gets a questionable charge call

Next possession, Booker gets it down low. Waits for the guy to jump, doesn't go toward the basket, missed the shot doesn't get a call.

Later on there was another questionable call on a block out. But FSU was taking it to the hole and we looked reactionary.

well,well, well....***

Mar 15, 2013, 9:42 AM

Had you ever given a chit about Clemson Basketball

Mar 15, 2013, 11:15 AM

I'd be really hateful toward the officials with you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to the ACC!

Mar 15, 2013, 10:39 PM

From Lenny Wertz to Jamie Lucky. ACC officials have usually made it about themselves.

Generally, you can count on the favorable calls going to any of the NC schools. I know that does not necessarily apply to the FSU game. It has always been this way in the ACC and apparently will always be like that. I always respected Rick Barnes for realizing that and vocally going after the refs. For Clemson to have success, you just have to overcome that element of conference games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we couldnt make the free throws even if ..

Mar 15, 2013, 11:14 PM

they would have fouled us more. Why does every Clemson b-ball team miss free throws?

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic