Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: South Carolina Review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,321

Mickey Plyler's Blog: South Carolina Review

Mar 4, 2013, 12:10 PM

South Carolina Review

South Carolina Review
Same Old Story
South Carolina took two out of three from Clemson in the baseball series this past weekend. The Gamecocks won 6-0 in Clemson on Friday night and 8-0 in Columbia Sunday. Clemson's only win in the series came on a 6-3 victory Saturday in Greenvil

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two programs that have unfortunately moved in different

Mar 4, 2013, 12:50 PM

directions the last 5 years or so.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Teams that play small ball have to be fundamentally sound

Mar 4, 2013, 1:27 PM

Clemson wasn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Teams that play small ball have to be fundamentally sound

Mar 4, 2013, 8:41 PM

clemson hasnt been fundamentally sound in years.....poor fielding....poor base running........way to many errors.......this program is in sad shape....they will have to show me something before i can reinvest......basketball seems just as hopeless.......just waiting on the spring game.

Re: Two programs that have unfortunately moved in different

Mar 4, 2013, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Two programs that have unfortunately moved in different ]

I would suggest a simple explanation for the difference in the teams. My theory is that there is not a lot of difference in the two programs but the one constant difference between the teams has been consistent quality left handed pitchers. We have to hit lefties and they don't. For whatever reason, Jack has not been able to sign quality left handed pitchers. It has been awhile since we actually had a left handed starter much less two that we seem to always face when we play south carolina each year. It looks as if we have some potential on this years team and I think next year will even be better.

I guess you didn't watch the games that

Mar 5, 2013, 10:37 PM

freshmen LHP Crownover and Erwin pitched in so far this season. Very solid additions. Also, don't forget about Soph. Bailey.

Don't get me wrong, this team has #### loads of problems... but for once pitching is not one of them. We pitched 1.9ish ERA against Scar. They scored 11 or 12 UNEARNED runs in their two victories.

Seriously, have we been watching the same teams? I guess maybe it looked that way to you because we can't hit a lefty for ####, but this is a run production issue for us.

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: South Carolina Review

Mar 4, 2013, 1:48 PM

so looking at recent history winning one of three is about our norm. disappointing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,321
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic