Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson to host Thursday night home football game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 84
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson to host Thursday night home football game

Feb 25, 2013, 9:01 AM

Clemson to host Thursday night home football game

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Clemson to host Thursday night home football game

Feb 25, 2013, 9:06 AM

######.... I guess I wont be at that one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 25, 2013, 9:07 AM

what will we do without you. lol

Feb 25, 2013, 9:10 AM

Glad you think it is funny that a lot of Tiger fans from the lowcountry will not be able to make it to a home game.

Nice to see you still upset with me though. Pretty sad IMO.

null

Feb 25, 2013, 9:13 AM

#### duke, joking around, hence the lol. most people have a thing call vacation days. i take them all the time when i am going to out of town games.

Feb 25, 2013, 9:14 AM

I have vacation days as well. I have two trips planned already though one is a Mountain trip and one is a 1st anniversary trip.

Those two alone will eat up most of my vacation days.

null

Feb 25, 2013, 9:15 AM

priorities baby. lol

Feb 25, 2013, 4:52 PM

I support the Tiger Fan from the Lowcountry,from where I too live. I just happen to be fortunate enough that I can work in Clemson and around the area on that Friday. But my Dad,who like myself,an alumni can not be off on that Friday. We have our priorities straight, but this date makes it hard for many who pay a lot for tickets. As you probably sit in the upper deck or are not even a season ticket holder you obviously don't understand "priorities". That's what the fans and ticket holders of CU should be, not TV schedules and ACC TV contracts.

I sit in the south upper deck and I

Feb 25, 2013, 7:35 PM

am a season ticket holder and I am an IPTAY member. I understand "priorities". Your statement was a holier than thou comment. Some of the most vocal people are in the upper deck and just because that is where they sit does not mean they don't understand "priorities". I choose to sit in the upper deck, in fact I sit 5 or 6 rows from the filming box. I can see plays developing I couldn't see in the lower bowl. I like my seat.
I understand some fans can't come on Thurs. night for different reasons. Jobs or family should be first priorities over a game. However, your statement was making out that people in the upper decks were ignorant and and mostly came to a game every now and then.

Re: I sit in the south upper deck and I

Feb 25, 2013, 8:07 PM

Well said!!!

IF the ACC and Clemson didn't have TV contracts we would

Feb 25, 2013, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson to host Thursday night home football game ]

be playing in the Southern Conference because we sure couldn't keep up with scholarships, facilities, recruiting etc. without those millions. Your thoughts would have worked in the 60's but not now.

Feb 25, 2013, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson to host Thursday night home football game ]

I understand that it puts a hardship on many, but I do believe most will find a way to get there, if they want to, and if at all possible. We will miss those fans who can't come, but I will figure outa a way to make it. It just frees up my weekend, and I like that part. By the way, congrats on your 1st anniversary!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is school going to be out the next day?

Feb 25, 2013, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson to host Thursday night home football game ]

Its kinda hard to justify a kid missing a day of school (really 2 days) just to go to a football game.

I'm sure I'll be able to rationalize it as we get closer to gameday though. ;)

move Fall Break to those 2 days?***

Feb 25, 2013, 9:45 AM

All the students would be gone***

Feb 25, 2013, 7:38 PM

yeah...from Cootlumbia...but they hang around here***

Feb 25, 2013, 7:52 PM

My guess is they would move fall break to that thurs and fri

Feb 25, 2013, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Is school going to be out the next day? ]

the only problem with that is, normally it's on mon-tues since thanksgiving is wed-fri, so that mess up some classes... but oh well. I really doubt they will expect students to be in class either day, and I know they won't give them an extra 2 days off for the semester.

I'm not worried about college students

Feb 25, 2013, 9:52 AM

I was amazing in my ability to recover from Thursday festivities to make it to class on Friday. I'm sure that talent resides with our current students.

I was more thinking about how I could get my 2nd grader to the game. He goes to all of them with me.

Re: I'm not worried about college students

Feb 25, 2013, 9:57 AM

An outing with Dad to a Clemson game should trump school, any day. Make it a learning experience by talking about the rich history of Clemson and the piedmont area of SC, throw in a little background on Thomas Clemson, John C. Calhoun, Tom Clemson's Father-in-law, and let your child do a report for extra credit, and it will be better than school, anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets give him some real world lessons

Feb 25, 2013, 10:01 AM

you know, avoiding your boss, faking sick days etc etc.

I can give him the history stuff on a Saturday game!

Re: Lets give him some real world lessons

Feb 25, 2013, 10:07 AM

Well, I like the way you think, but I was trying to smooth it over and still be a good example for a kid. He will be exposed to enough rule skirting in due time, I imagine.

not sure you could even HAVE classes on Thurs afternoon

Feb 25, 2013, 9:53 AM [ in reply to My guess is they would move fall break to that thurs and fri ]

places like Lee Hall or Sirrine with tailgaters everywhere. Plus all the West campus student and faculty parking lots that would have to be vacated for IPTAY lots.

WELL that makes too much sense for all those whiners out

Feb 25, 2013, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson to host Thursday night home football game ]

there!!! I put in for one the day I heard about the thursdaynight game AND I live in Clemson!!!

Feb 25, 2013, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson to host Thursday night home football game ]

I planned vacation around my sons baseball schedule the whole time he was in HS. Still had time for a week at the beach. It can be done.

We can't complain too much, though, since it has been......

Feb 25, 2013, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson to host Thursday night home football game ]

11 years since we played a Thursday night game at home.

Agree. Would never have believed that it has been that long***

Feb 25, 2013, 9:43 AM

Re: We can't complain too much, though, since it has been......

Feb 25, 2013, 11:19 AM [ in reply to We can't complain too much, though, since it has been...... ]

Got that right, its time to take one for the ACC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I swear some on here will complain about ANYTHING!!***

Feb 25, 2013, 2:27 PM [ in reply to We can't complain too much, though, since it has been...... ]

that sad song that Clemson has given the acc about thursday

Feb 25, 2013, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson to host Thursday night home football game ]

night games is probably a lot like the one they give them about saturdaynight games as well and then blame it on the tv schedule. They take us for fools a good good bit, don't they! (did you get my Danny impersonation there)

Feb 25, 2013, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson to host Thursday night home football game ]

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2013, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson to host Thursday night home football game ]

Sort of a low blow there. This will be tough trip for many of our good fans, and it doesn't seem to bother our new AD. Being an Iptay rep (I know big deal - not), I have a concern for all my donors, and this presents a challenge for many old and young alike. I'll most like be there, but it wull be difficult with school student grandchildren and school teacher children.

that's why it's been 11 years but we have to oblige the acc

Feb 25, 2013, 2:30 PM

committment don't we

Feb 25, 2013, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson to host Thursday night home football game ]

Me too. Coming from Charleston and missing two days of work is not good imo.

I'm sure you can swing it once every 11 years***

Feb 25, 2013, 9:54 AM

Yay, a night game, Yay

Feb 25, 2013, 9:22 AM

too bad a lot of us will not be able to make it

Does the SEC have to play any thursday games?

Yes.***

Feb 25, 2013, 9:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Sweet, taking Thurs and Fri off and coming to this game.

Feb 25, 2013, 9:25 AM

Any of you complainers not able to make it willing to part with 2 tickets to 2 Clemson graduates?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto, and I am offering $1 extra

Feb 25, 2013, 9:47 AM

:)

I think I can afford to take 1 Friday off every 11 years

Feb 25, 2013, 9:28 AM

Can you?

One home Thursday night game every 11 years is nothing to

Feb 25, 2013, 9:29 AM

b!tch about.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: One home Thursday night game every 11 years is nothing to

Feb 25, 2013, 9:31 AM

if our schedule stays the way it was printed, no one can complain. dream schedule

Great combination of home/away and open dates layout.***

Feb 25, 2013, 9:33 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

I agree that if the schedule remains the same...

Feb 25, 2013, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: One home Thursday night game every 11 years is nothing to ]

as the preliminary version we've al lseen, the schedule sets-up nicely for Clemson.

However, I am still opposed to hosting a Thursday night game primarily because I think a Thursday night home game takes-away part of the home field advantage. A number of people will not be able to make this trip who would have otherwise attended had the game been played on a Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

agreed....Thursday games if they only occur once every 11 yr

Feb 25, 2013, 9:57 AM

isn't so bad but Saturday is so much better for the fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this game will sell out and DV will be packed and rocking

Feb 25, 2013, 9:59 AM [ in reply to I agree that if the schedule remains the same... ]

Home Field advantage will be at its peak

If you can't make the trip, sell the ticket, there problem

Feb 25, 2013, 2:12 PM [ in reply to I agree that if the schedule remains the same... ]

solved

Trust me Tnet will find something to complain about***

Feb 25, 2013, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: One home Thursday night game every 11 years is nothing to ]

Thursday November 14th is the date of the game

Feb 25, 2013, 9:37 AM

...and the likely opponent is Georgia Tech

Good. Stomping the Jackets on any night is great. A prime

Feb 25, 2013, 9:46 AM

time stomping will be even better.

most stunning line of the memo......

Feb 25, 2013, 9:42 AM

"Details regarding the date and opponent will be announced when the ACC releases the full schedule later this week."

Scooter, don't get too excited since we have heard similar

Feb 25, 2013, 9:45 AM

reports before.

Feb 25, 2013, 9:49 AM

It is an easy solution. Cancel Friday classes. Nobody will be there, anyway. Duh!!!

They'll probably cancel

Feb 25, 2013, 9:56 AM

Thursday classes after noon, and friday morning classes

Re: They'll probably cancel

Feb 25, 2013, 10:09 AM

My thoughts, too, since the parking lots will need to be emptied for the game.

Ill be there! Assuming work doesnt have me away on travel at that time, i will gladly drive up from Charleston and take Thurs/Fri off.

I know I'm in the minority here but I hate Thursday games***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know I'm in the minority here but I hate Thursday games***

Feb 25, 2013, 9:58 AM

you are definately not in the minority, but we can all live with it every 11 years. plus it is great exposure.

agreed...once every 11 yrs we can deal with

Feb 25, 2013, 10:00 AM

some schools like GT need the allure of something different to draw out the fans...obviously Clemson isn't in that situation.

Re: agreed...once every 11 yrs we can deal with

Feb 25, 2013, 10:03 AM

Yeah,

GT is in Atlanta, so they can draw a crowd on Thursday nights.

The outlier is VT. They love hosting Thursday night games, but they're in a small town kind of like Clemson. Not really sure how they do it.

Small stadium***

Feb 25, 2013, 10:48 AM

Not that small.

Feb 25, 2013, 11:12 AM

Place holds about 67,000 now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and sells out for every single game***

Feb 25, 2013, 11:21 AM

I hate the Thursday night clause in the ACC's

Feb 25, 2013, 11:29 AM

contract, but I think I'd rather play at home for Thursday night then away. I know we beat the pulp out of Wake this year, but Thursday night on the road has been difficult for us, to say the least.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know I'm in the minority here but I hate Thursday games***

Feb 25, 2013, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: I know I'm in the minority here but I hate Thursday games*** ]

Im w you there.. Once every 11 years isn't terrible, and I can deal w that. And I love the exposure! W the perception off the ACC outside of us and FSU poor, we need all the chances we can get to be on primetime and showcase ourselves. I think this actually the perfect year for us to have to have a Thursday night home game.. We are going to be a top 10 and have a good chance the at the title and any time on National TV is good for us! For once, thanks ACC! Even though, im sure they didnt do us to help us at all, but i think it works in our favor this year.

Not sure where you think that's the minority...def majority***

Feb 25, 2013, 10:04 AM [ in reply to I know I'm in the minority here but I hate Thursday games*** ]

I'm with you....

Feb 25, 2013, 10:11 AM [ in reply to I know I'm in the minority here but I hate Thursday games*** ]

I do not like Thursday games but I esspecially dislike Thursday home games.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 25, 2013, 10:07 AM

BCS national championship game is scheduled for a monday nite..guess no one will attend this game

Feb 25, 2013, 10:09 AM

I would not have been harmed by missing two days when I was a student. It's the first time in 11 years. It most likely will not happen again while the current students are here. Suck it up. If you can't make it, watch it on TV and enjoy the publicity.

GREAT way to spend a couple of vacation days!

Feb 25, 2013, 10:44 AM

All I need now is for the M-I-L to come take care of my babies and we're there! Heck..might even bring them too!

..:: ru4god2 ::..

why is everyone complaining??? WE HAVE A NIGHT GAME

Feb 25, 2013, 11:20 AM

already scheduled in Death Valley for 2013.

Do you remember how many Tnet posts there were last year just begging for us to have a night game? It's not even football season yet & we already know we have A NIGHT GAME!!! :D

Photobucket

Let's hope this is better than . . .

Feb 25, 2013, 11:53 AM

2002 when NC State came in on a Thursday and kicked our ### 38-6 . . . if it weren't for a kickoff that Justin Miller dropped, picked up, and returned for a TD anyway, we would've been shutout completely.

And to answer everyone's questions about classes closing, classes closed early (around noon, I believe) on Thursday, and they resumed Friday morning. Of course, no one actually went to class either of those two days. Man, that sure was a lot of fun, and the hype going into the game was about as good as it gets. The beatdown on us was quite the buzzkill though.

Yeah, I remember that one. Got off work later than expected

Feb 25, 2013, 3:44 PM

and showed up late.....also left early. First time that has happened. Isn't that the game that Charlie Whitehurst was getting pounded. I couldn't take any more. I felt so bad for Charlie.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Yeah, it was also our first glimpse of

Feb 26, 2013, 10:37 AM

Phillip Rivers's bright future. It seems that NC State stars always have coming out parties against Clemson in Death Valley . . . e.g. Torry Holt

Why do yall act like you are the only ones that have a life

Feb 25, 2013, 11:57 AM

You think some virginia tech season ticket holders dont live 4+ hours away. Do they not have jobs? They manage to get there on Thursdays and make it louder than most places on a Saturday night. No reason we cant do the same.

Feb 25, 2013, 12:14 PM

No matter the day....

Just WIN BABY!!!!!!

Clemson football is meant for Saturday afternoons..Period!

Feb 25, 2013, 12:49 PM

No amount of rhetoric will convince me otherwise. Night football is reserved for Baton Rouge and small colleges.....JMHO and only I care!

growing up on 1 pm starts on Saturday I'm there with you***

Feb 25, 2013, 12:50 PM

Actually, I grew up on 2 pm starts & then we went to 1 pm.

Feb 25, 2013, 1:04 PM

Of course season started 2nd or 3 rd week of September and no daylight savings time. 10 game schedules. It made foe cooler games, and games ending close to sundown. I know I'm old, but it was fun (not as much as the 80's).

Feb 25, 2013, 1:38 PM

the thursday and friday classes are different, so only missing one class for all subjects.

Ugh...

Feb 25, 2013, 1:56 PM

The only thing worse than a Thursday game is an off week.

What's a vacation day?***

Feb 25, 2013, 2:10 PM

Thursday night Ball Game????

Feb 25, 2013, 5:24 PM

didn't they shut down school with one inch of snowfall within two hours?

Seems to me they have about seven months to figger this out. If they can't, heads need to roll down "The Hill".

Simple,solution is to get off your fanny and just do it.

Feb 25, 2013, 7:59 PM

Just like has been said before and many didn't believe it to be so. Some thought that is was just another egg in the face thrown by the acc and others. But it has been all along that the admin has kept night game away from Clemson. I never knew whose fault it was, but I did side with the ones that laid blame on the admin. That only shows no concerns about the fans feelings on that matter AT ALL. The effing prudes!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2013, 12:02 AM

If the team is playing in the Valley, I'm there. Another great opportunity for Clemson to expand its national brand. Enjoy hearing from fans of other teams across the country that they enjoy watching our Tigers and pull for them.

Reading many of the complaints on here about the schedule

Feb 26, 2013, 6:32 AM

makes me laugh. We've been in IPTAY for many years and have bought season tickets when we could only attend a few games. Many things have interfered such as work schedules, children's activities, and family obligations. For those of you who think it is as simple as "taking a vacation day" you don't have a job like my spouse. Even with 15 years seniority, the vacations requested were denied. Now that we FINALLY have a schedule, we can plan to attend whatever games we can make. It looks like the GT game may be a go, but we'll take what we can get. We travel to away games whenever we can since we miss a good many home games. I do try to have our seats filled with Clemson folks whenever we can't make the game. We need as many Tiger fans in Death Valley every time our team runs down the Hill, and at away games when they play at the other folks place. Stop the complaining and be glad you're a Tiger fan!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 84
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic