Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Dear Swoffy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Dear Swoffy

Feb 20, 2013, 9:17 AM

Dear Swoffy

Dear Swoffy
Dear John,
Well here we are again. I am at my keyboard looking at a blank football schedule and you are probably off in the Outer Banks with Holden.

I promise I won't write this letter again next year if you would just come out with a football schedule at a reasonable time.

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Dear Swoffy

Feb 20, 2013, 9:22 AM

Very well stated.

Feb 20, 2013, 9:23 AM

I think this should be sent to the Charlotte Observer for publishing. Maybe he would read it and get the message

To use a Brit colloquialism... "Spot on!" Please post reply.***

Feb 20, 2013, 9:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good one Mickey!***

Feb 20, 2013, 9:28 AM

Way to tell him Mickey !! *****

Feb 20, 2013, 9:30 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2013, 9:30 AM
Bozo.jpg(21.2 K)
swofford200.jpg(10.1 K)

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2013, 9:37 AM

You know the ACC schedule didn't come out till Feb 27th last year, so I don't get it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Umm . . . every other MAJOR conference has their

Feb 20, 2013, 9:39 AM

schedules out weeks and months before the ACC. So . . . you must get how slack and sorry that is--right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if mickey & the rest really cared about the release date of

Feb 20, 2013, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Dear Swoffy ]

the acc football schedule, they'd spend less time mailing swofford and more time mailing the member institutions' presidents & ads.

swofford answers to them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the ACC office handled scheduling like most other

Feb 20, 2013, 10:23 AM

conference offices. Does Bozo have no power of his own? Figures.

sure the acc office creates it. do you think if the member

Feb 20, 2013, 10:31 AM

schools had an issue with the delivery date it would change?

btw bozo makes over a million a year and had his contract as commissioner extended again.

if you don't like it, take it up with his bosses or you can continue to #### in the wind?

apparently the presidents think he's doing an outstanding job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, just like with the 9 game schedule was decided by

Feb 20, 2013, 10:38 AM

a vote of the ADs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it would be "odd" if maryland was the swing vote in the conf

Feb 20, 2013, 10:48 AM

returning to an 8 game conference schedule...

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2012/10/4/3451734/which-acc-teams-voted-for-against-the-eight-game-conference-schedule

Which ACC Teams Voted For / Against The Eight-Game Conference Schedule?

By Brian Favat on Oct 4, 3:00p 6

Sam Sharpe-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire

Did Boston College vote for or against the move back to an eight-game ACC schedule?

ESPN's Heather Dinich had an interesting tidbit in yesterday's article entitled 8-game schedule right move for ACC. According to a source, the vote was far from unanimous.

This move wasn't catering only to Florida State and Clemson, though. It was approved by a close 8-6 vote of league athletic directors, including Pittsburgh and Syracuse, according to a source who voted at the fall meeting in Boston.

Boston College's interim A.D. John Kane was on-hand representing the program at the ACC's fall meetings in Needham. Was he the vote that swung the vote in favor of a move back to the eight-game schedule?

Of course, it's fun to play the guessing game as to who was in favor of this move and who was against it.

You can immediately count Clemson, Florida State and Georgia Tech among the programs in favor of the move back to eight conference games. All three programs, with built-in SEC rivals, were feeling the non-conference scheduling crunch that comes with having just three non-conference games a year.

From there, it gets a little more murky. Purely guessing here, but I would imagine both the new guys -- Syracuse and Pittsburgh -- were in favor of the move back down to eight league games. I'm going to venture a guess that Boston College and Miami joined their former Big East rivals in voting for more non-conference scheduling flexibility.

That leaves one more program in favor. Virginia Tech? Maryland? Not sure.

As for the teams that voted against this, I'd imagine Wake Forest is one given the fact that a nine-game conference schedule would have brought two of their Carolina neighbors to campus more often. Difficulties in non-conference scheduling with the smallest stadium in the conference was likely another factor. Virginia goes along with whatever North Carolina and Duke does, and I'm sure the original ACC members preferred more, not less, conference games. N.C. State would have made it a Carolina block vote, leaving whichever program of Virginia Tech or Maryland that didn't vote in favor of eight games as the sixth and final vote against.

Again, this is mere conjecture. But if the vote went down in this way, it's interesting to see where the interests of each program fall on either side of this debate. To me, this vote likely split down expansion vs. original ACC member lines, with Clemson joining with FSU and Georgia Tech on the expansion side of the argument. Something to keep an eye on going forward, as the original ACC members voting power has now been diluted to the point where it's an even seven-seven split (with Notre Dame the tiebreaker vote for non-football matters).

The B1G id fixing to cure all our problems Mick , no worries mate***

Feb 20, 2013, 9:52 AM

Dear Mickey,

Feb 20, 2013, 10:34 AM

Dear Mickey,

TLDR.

Swoffy

TLDR Summary: Give us our d*** schedule!***

Feb 20, 2013, 11:06 AM

Waiting on Syracuse to add one game. I'd guess

Feb 20, 2013, 10:41 AM

teams aren't exactly lining up to go play in the Carrier Dome because it's lose/lose.

At least if you go on the road to Clemson, FSU, UGA, etc. people expect you get beat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read where the Pitt/FSU Labor Day game is holding it up...

Feb 20, 2013, 11:40 AM

now, as Villanova (Pitt's original opponent to open the season) is having trouble finding another date.
Wofford was scheduled to open season with FSU and they were able to move their game with FSU so that Pitt/FSU could be Labor Day.

ACC Headquarters Phone Number

Feb 20, 2013, 11:04 AM

Give 'em a call...............(336)854-8787.

Maybe they'd take your letter more seriously...

Feb 20, 2013, 11:10 AM

IF YOU COULD SPELL CHECK AND PROOF YOUR #&%* WORK!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Maybe they'd take your letter more seriously...

Feb 20, 2013, 8:05 PM

Mickey,

RU4GOD2 is right-how can you seriously comment on Raycom being a 2nd rate show when Tigernet allows you to post unproofed blogs with spelling errors middle school students would not make.

Also when you can rile up RU4GOD2 into posting a substitution for profanity. Get your own house in order first.

Feb 20, 2013, 8:59 PM

Suck one coot!!! Or maybe you already have!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2013, 6:55 AM

allorange52-
I am a Clemson graduate and fan and unlike you could produce a diploma.
I am not a homosexual. But curious are you stating that homosexuals are not allowed to be Clemson fans? Or are you stating that homosexuals are only gamecock fans?

I don't understand your ignorance.

Also in case I missed it on the news did Tigernet back Chick Filet comments that homosexuals are not allowed to post on Tigernet? I am severely confused over your post could you elaborate?

Swoff's reply: You'll get your schedule...

Feb 20, 2013, 11:11 AM
evilclown.jpeg(22.5 K)

...when I'm d@mned good and ready to give them to you!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dear Mickey, Thank you...Thank you ... Thank you!

Feb 20, 2013, 11:25 AM

I wonder if Swofford has given Fedora his schedule yet ? Naaahhh, Swoffy wouldn't be biased toward NCU would he ?

Re: Dear Mickey, Thank you...Thank you ... Thank you!

Feb 20, 2013, 11:44 AM

Mickey, I could not agree with you more on this one! It is unacceptable that it takes our conference this long to publish a schedule ... on top of all the reasons you mentioned, what about for recruiting as well? Don't we think that showing a recruit and his family exactly where he'll be playing this coming fall might be a good thing to be able to do BEFORE signing day? I'm not saying we lost anyone based on this notion, but its just another reason there should be a little more urgency in getting this done!

You misspelled "deer" :)

Feb 20, 2013, 12:56 PM

Seriously, great article Mickey! Swoffy needs to read this. Hey maybe we can all print it out and fax it to the ACC office haha.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Ok...Sooo..

Feb 20, 2013, 2:44 PM

we're going wine and cry about being in the ACC, the basketball conference ACC; Yet, we stay and choose to do nothing about it.
Its like the bully at school, well..hes going keep being the bully until you do something about it.
If we don't like it,leave...or stay and deal with it.

AMEN!!!!!!***

Feb 20, 2013, 3:40 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Deer Mackey, "Air plane" is one word. love, swoffy***

Feb 20, 2013, 10:33 PM

Best Swoffy letter yet. I take PTO for home games. Let's go***

Feb 21, 2013, 8:13 AM

Replies: 31